Diablo® III

What Infernal Machine boss encounter is your favourite?

What Infernal Machine encounter is your favourite?

Realm of Discord, with King Leoric and Maghda.
Realm of Chaos, with Ghom and Rakanoth.
Realm of Turmoil, with Siege Breaker and Zoltun Kulle.
ended - 20-Dec-2012
Community
In patch 1.0.5 we introduced some components to allow you to build a cursed portal device called Infernal Machine which allows you battle "uber" versions of some of the most malevolent mischief-makers this side of New Tristram…in pairs and get epic rewards.

For those of you who have already been transported to one of the randomly selected Realms of Pure Evil, we’d like to know which encounter is your favourite one and why.

Share your thoughts and screenshots/videos in the comments!
Reply Quote
and get epic rewards.

I stopped reading from that point.
Reply Quote
I hate Realm of Turmoil yet love it the most :D

Chaos is the easiest but is no challenge. Siege and Kulle however, I cursed them numerous times, reorganised my gear and even had to go back killing an elite since my NV-stack timer was running out of time.
Reply Quote
Siegebreaker/Zoltun because it's the hardest one if you don't chainstun the bosses
Reply Quote
I have to say if I go on my barb, that the superstition passive makes a mockery of Ghom / Rak.

The passive gives unlimited fury for 1m + crit hammer spam and rend bloodlust for heals and I can solo MP10 in my glass cannon gear. I generally go in a group to max the IM use per organ, but it really does become a faceroll.

The other 2, I think can be very tricky, I normally kite Siege away to top of map and let the others nuke Kulle first.

Maggie's flies are a pain and the bug where she gets immune at 75% and 50% and won't put the shield up or spawn adds is a pain. The CM Wiz has to stop stunlock and let her get shield and make arcane beams to spawn adds to kill before we can damage her again.

Overall I enjoy the challenge of the ubers as at 300k + dps on a barb there really is NOTHING else in game that isn't a rofl stomp.

Goodness only knows how PVP is going to work out...
Reply Quote
A lot of people who have put feed back here have talked about how they love/hate Siegebreaker realm or how they respect it because it is hard.

I do not feel this is the case: I rather dislike the realm for a few reasons

1) Being picked up is a whole crap storm of trouble -- whether you'd like to believe it or not, you die just because siege picked you up. Being insta-gibbed is not "hard" it is just "frustrating" -- ZK is no slacker by far and drops every single nuke cooldown he has on you while you are picked up from the ceiling to fire, then Siege does the finishing touch and slams you on the ground if you did not die already -I've tried various builds as a barbarian maintaining high dps, using defensive passives and high resistances with over 53k life and I still get insta-killed (not on occasion) about 60-70% of time. It is frustrating. -- and if that was not the cause of death, the bubble right under you was.

As an aside, I'm aware WW barb for this is ridiculously easy (sprint makes it menial and easy) but other builds cannot afford to use sprint because of incoming damage -or- the dps bar is that much higher.

2) Pick up bug -- if the 60-70% did not kill you, being stuck in siege's grasp for extended time does get you killed -- Being stunned during this occasion does extend the grip duration, however this can occur at times for reasons unknown while playing solo. I've done this realm over enough times to see it happen and again -- it is frustrating.

3) A more menial but still pretty frustrating bug -- the slow time bubble STOPS your move or auto attack skill you are doing (it never completes the animation and your char actually just freezes) vs allowing the skill or animation to complete with the reduced speed. The game just does not compute the sudden speed change and freezes your char unless you move, and if anyone has experienced that lovely turn of events when you've clicked your mouse button down one too many times on a mob (or simply held it down like most people do) you find your char EAGERLY wailing on the mob that you told it to go after -- regardless of the fact that you are insanely clicking on an empty spot on the playing field and want to get away.

This fight is simply not solo friendly for some classes (monks get it so easy with sweeping wind being active while picked up and getting all their hp back via life steal).

Ghom and Rakanoth need up-tuning, but I fear by saying this with what ends up usually happening is they become ridiculously up-tuned and become another problem.

Mahgda and Leoric fight is actually really well balanced -- the fight is certainly difficult, but nothing will "instantly" kill you (unless you stand around and do nothing).

The issues i mentioned with siege uber is probably one of the biggest gripes hardcore characters have with doing ubers and has probably ended many a hard core char (even as a team)

Please fix and people stop voting for that one because you feel it's the hardest -- hard =/= being insta gibbed.
Reply Quote
I like turning Kulle into a piggie! OINK!
Reply Quote
It's a cakewalk with a good party, but I'd say Sk/Maghda since it's more challenging and fun than the rest for a DH
Reply Quote
kule/siegebraker are the most !@#$ty in my opinion ... a WW barb can piss on the rest. Definitely there is not enough balance between the 3 pairs: we have one "uber" hard (kule/siege), one "medium"difficult (sk/maghda) and a walk in the park: ghom/raka
Reply Quote
I must admit i dont like any of them i just go for something different to do and to try for a good ring.

Im not the most tactical or best of players lol :D i have to honestly admit, so here is why i dont like the bosses:p so bare that in mind when i explain why.

I go with my friends 2 barbs a wizard and me on monk, or one barb, wizard and me on monk.
We do monster power 5 cos we have a great barb tank compared to wizzie and me being kind of squishy but more dps. Myself and the wizard are only comfortable in normal farming at mp 2.
I hate dying and i also hate to change my spells much to the standard monk clone set up.

SO King Leoric and Maghda
Love hate relationship here with Maghda's arcane beams I hate arcane beams they love me and are my worst nightmare enemy #1 im sure most of my deaths are all due to that cos i hate dancing around the looooooooooooong beams grrrrr.
King Leoric just pisses me off just as i get my whoosing cyclones going nicely he buggers off to another part of the room and by the time i get to him me cyclones have cooled off.:D

Ghom and Rakanoth
Now old Stinky and Rakanoth dont pose much of a problem i just run in dps dps, spells heal if on cool down run out get a breath of fresh air and back in again so no real problems or challange with these 2. Rakanoth goes down so fast i dont even remember him being in the party.

Siege Breaker Zoltan Kulle.
More tedium and frustration than a challanege.
Barb Takes Zoltun and messes about keeping him busy, Wizzie and myself and if other barb is with us take Siege and conk him to death and if Zoltan has not already been dealt with by Barb, we help finish him off, but again he is very annoying for me anyways when he teleports, which he does very often , too often i think, or i dont avoid bubbles, and again i lose the momentum of my cyclones, so its not so much of a tactical challange to me because most of the time by the time i get to him start cyclones hes off again so im basically running around uselessly trying to thump him one before he bubbles me or teleports, while the wizard and barb do most of the killing.
Edited by Shastar#1484 on 14/12/2012 10:22 GMT
Reply Quote
Leoric and Maghda because Ghom and Rakky just has you stand still and attack and SB and Kulle prevents you from res'ing allies and has too many slow unfun AOE's and SB does RETARDED melee damage.
Reply Quote
Main main is a wizard and while I still have all other classes at lvl 60 I've never played ubers with any of them. so my view of the encounters is biased.

Rakanoth and Ghom: really boring/easy for a range DPS if they are tanked.

Siegebreaker and Kulle: Kulle is really annoying with the porting and the bubbles. Constantly chasing him while the enrage is getting closer. Siegebreaker alone, once Kulle is down, is boring.

Maghad and King: this fight is my favorite and really interesting while both targets are alive. Lots of things to dodge and to watch out for.
But the OMFG LAZOR BEAMS are really annoying for the melees in my group. The "invisible cleave"-Walk of the Skeleton King sucks as well.
Reply Quote
did 3 portals with a friend @mplvl8 and got my ring for the % exp bonus on, never done a single portal or key run after that why bother rare rings > hf ring.
Edited by Irrelevance#2153 on 14/12/2012 20:23 GMT
Reply Quote
With that thread I'm ensured that you never gonna add any new content in 1.0.7, you're just picking the tension here and there. Make me eat my words instead of deleting this post may be?
Reply Quote
33 Pandaren Monk
16/12/2012 09:34Posted by naksiloth
With that thread I'm ensured that you never gonna add any new content in 1.0.7, you're just picking the tension here and there. Make me eat my words instead of deleting this post may be?

+1
Reply Quote
Discord and turmoil because they pose the most challenge.

Both realms have a ranged and close Combat boss.

the Ghom one seems to have 2 close combat bosses. In this realm I don't even move on any MP. Just Freeze and wait for there deaths, this one's to easy.

Blizz should add a 4th one with Only Ranged bosses.

Uber Butcher and azmodan, would be a real challenge.....
Edited by Fraggus69#1644 on 23/12/2012 15:41 GMT
Reply Quote
I have a beef.

My gargantuan does dmg to siege breaker while I'm trying to resurrect a fallen dude. RD kicks in and it cancels the sequence.

So frustrating. :(
Reply Quote
I don't feel anything for them to be honest.

"gear up, use one of the few skill sets given and zerg"
Reply Quote
A lot of people who have put feed back here have talked about how they love/hate Siegebreaker realm or how they respect it because it is hard.

I do not feel this is the case: I rather dislike the realm for a few reasons

1) Being picked up is a whole crap storm of trouble -- whether you'd like to believe it or not, you die just because siege picked you up. Being insta-gibbed is not "hard" it is just "frustrating" -- ZK is no slacker by far and drops every single nuke cooldown he has on you while you are picked up from the ceiling to fire, then Siege does the finishing touch and slams you on the ground if you did not die already -I've tried various builds as a barbarian maintaining high dps, using defensive passives and high resistances with over 53k life and I still get insta-killed (not on occasion) about 60-70% of time. It is frustrating. -- and if that was not the cause of death, the bubble right under you was.

As an aside, I'm aware WW barb for this is ridiculously easy (sprint makes it menial and easy) but other builds cannot afford to use sprint because of incoming damage -or- the dps bar is that much higher.

2) Pick up bug -- if the 60-70% did not kill you, being stuck in siege's grasp for extended time does get you killed -- Being stunned during this occasion does extend the grip duration, however this can occur at times for reasons unknown while playing solo. I've done this realm over enough times to see it happen and again -- it is frustrating.

3) A more menial but still pretty frustrating bug -- the slow time bubble STOPS your move or auto attack skill you are doing (it never completes the animation and your char actually just freezes) vs allowing the skill or animation to complete with the reduced speed. The game just does not compute the sudden speed change and freezes your char unless you move, and if anyone has experienced that lovely turn of events when you've clicked your mouse button down one too many times on a mob (or simply held it down like most people do) you find your char EAGERLY wailing on the mob that you told it to go after -- regardless of the fact that you are insanely clicking on an empty spot on the playing field and want to get away.

This fight is simply not solo friendly for some classes (monks get it so easy with sweeping wind being active while picked up and getting all their hp back via life steal).

Ghom and Rakanoth need up-tuning, but I fear by saying this with what ends up usually happening is they become ridiculously up-tuned and become another problem.

Mahgda and Leoric fight is actually really well balanced -- the fight is certainly difficult, but nothing will "instantly" kill you (unless you stand around and do nothing).

The issues i mentioned with siege uber is probably one of the biggest gripes hardcore characters have with doing ubers and has probably ended many a hard core char (even as a team)

Please fix and people stop voting for that one because you feel it's the hardest -- hard =/= being insta gibbed.

I could not find better words to describe that frustrating couple of ubers.

My ideas are:

1)When Zoltun cast a new slow-time sphere the old one to disappear immediately.

2)When Kulles fire balls hits the ground to NOT cause DMG while the character is UP in the siege hands O.o

3)When Siegebraker releases the character not to just drop him in the Zoltuns slow-time, but trow him away like knock-back.

I hope this make sense Blizzard!
Edited by XiMo#1910 on 08/01/2013 05:49 GMT
Reply Quote
Realm of Turmoil hands down.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]