Diablo® III

Warning when selling items that were recently equipped

Here is yet another tip for improvements.

There ought to be a warning when you try to sell an item to a vendor that you very recently had equipped.

If you missclick its very easy to equip an item in your inventory and hence your previously equipped item goes into the inventory. And then its very easy to sell that item by mistake the next time you sell all the crap items to a vendor

After my last little run i ended up with a worthless belt instead of the pretty decent one i payed 5 millions for in ah as an result of a missclick somewhere during that run.
Reply Quote
Ok
Reply Quote
How about you be more careful instead of asking for Blizzard to hold your hand?
Edited by Failboat#2202 on 23/12/2012 14:13 GMT
Reply Quote
23/12/2012 14:13Posted by Failboat
How about you be more careful instead of asking for Blizzard to hold your hand?

+1
Reply Quote
I'd like to see the above two posters, coming home drunk one night, NPCing a 100$ item, and say the same thing.

edit: but they probably don't have 100$ or the legal drinking age for that matter
Edited by EvilDoll#2680 on 23/12/2012 15:45 GMT
Reply Quote
ho rly? is that ur big tip? tks bro
Reply Quote
3 Gnome Warlock
i did this with some shoulders but i didnt even notice i did it for weeks, i was using worse stat shoulders ever lol
Reply Quote
View profile
23/12/2012 15:44Posted by EvilDoll
I'd like to see the above two posters, coming home drunk one night, NPCing a 100$ item, and say the same thing.

1. No civilized human comes home drunk and plays as that is a disaster waiting to happen. Especially if you own Hardcore characters you do never want to touch Diablo II under the influence. This is the same reason you do not drive when under the influence.
2. As you are reading every item you are vendoring you can spot good items and so fix any such mistakes.
3. If you are vendoring blind and selling all items of a type then you diserve to have this happen to you.

I merge my selling and analysis stages into the same step. As I check each item for stats I sell ones which fail to deliver. If I did accidently swap out one of my good items for a junk one I would see that the item is good and thus not sell it.

I only speed sell magical items but even then I look for lower level reduction as "rigged" magicals can still sell.
Edited by DrSuperGood#1327 on 23/12/2012 16:09 GMT
Reply Quote
I have learned hard way. Sold my 10m bracers to vendor ;p
Reply Quote

I haven't been drinking for 3 years, and I've never been drunk and played online games before.

edit: but they probably don't have 100$ or the legal drinking age for that matter

But apparently we can grasp the common concept of vendoring with care - Hmm..
Reply Quote
+1 good tip
I was thinking for this long time ago.. The problem comes from that when you identifying the countless rares in the inventory it is very common to right click on already identified item and this to lead to equpping it, because it uses the same right mouse button to do so. After that when you are selling the useless rares to vendors it is easy to not recognize it when you are trying to get rid of them fast.
Reply Quote
23/12/2012 16:31Posted by Failboat

I haven't been drinking for 3 years, and I've never been drunk and played online games before.

But apparently we can grasp the common concept of vendoring with care - Hmm..

I admit I maybe was a bit harsh with my edit on that post, but I thought it was funny. While the OP's suggestion is a bit far fetched, a longer buy-back(both in number of items and time) would be pretty easy to implement. Maybe not persist between log-in sessions, but only for games.
Reply Quote
Well, apparently Failboat and a lot of others a very careful players who vendor their stuff with the outermost caution. And that is indeed very good, and no need for further game mechanics to stop them from misclicking.

Especially concidering the amount of invested time gearing requires, i dont feel its too much to ask that the game in that aspect could be a little more forgiving.

And if my suggestion is far fetched, wich i don't think, EvilDolls suggestion most certainly isnt.
Reply Quote
View profile
Rather than having some sort of alert, couldn't this be sorted a lot easier with a "Lock" button on your gear, i.e. you can't swap weapons or armour in and out until you unlock your gear?
Reply Quote
Nice one, Meteorblade. :)

The lock thing is a much better solution than a warning. Shouldnt be that hard to implement as well.
Edited by Araceli#2992 on 23/12/2012 23:02 GMT
Reply Quote
As Meteorblade, I would say implementing a way to "lock" items so they are unsellable until unlocked again would be nice. Perhaps a small padlock-icon on the items you have chosen to lock? Right-click - Lock item. Right-click - unlock item. No problems for anyone. No more mistakes. Easy and safe :)
Edited by Beren666#2249 on 24/12/2012 01:41 GMT
Reply Quote
great suggestion meteorblade, on very first month of diablo 3 I managed to salvage my ~5 mil weapon ;<
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]