Diablo® III

DPS VS EHP + FARMING MUST READ

(Locked)

Hi. i decided to create this post and express my personal opinion which am sure it will change your toughs about how to play this game.

First of all we all know that the trend is about DPS in this game. Meaning that we see a lot items with cc (critical hit chance) as (attack speed) and cd (critical hit damage) to be so expensive and thought goodly. The main reason for majority of players to go for that items and pay a lot is because increasing your DPS helps you to farm faster.
* Farm faster = yes
but where? mp0?mp1?mp2?mp3?---mp7 maybe?
The problem here is that DPS builds can survive and farm fast maybe until mp7.
I do not know anyone who can do mp8 in some minutes but i know a lot who do lower levels like a flash.

To go to higher levels you need to sacrifice DPS to gain some ehp (effective hit points = the amount of damage you can take before you die).

Most people prefer the easy way... They spend lets say 8 hours to farm lower levels to get what? 3-10 legendary items from which the 5 are going to be salvaged, The remaining items are going to be sold for 1milion-20milion.

From my personal experience which is a hundreds of hours balanced builds are more effective. And i explain why:

The rolls on each mp 8-9-10 (believe it or not) have a lower and upper limit. Meaning that if you find a legendary on higher mps it probably be better in worst case scenario than 4 legendaries in lower mps.
So 8 hours in mp10 will give you about 3 legendaries. Not fun to farm there, but:
You can sell probably one of them for 40+ m and if you are lucky 2 of them.

So which built is more effective????
DPS -> fun
EHP -> too slow/not fun
Balance -> effective

So, i just made this post to make some people think:
Life regen items should be more expensive. Life steal items too. High armor items too.
DPS items are overpriced in AH.
In vendor item pricing (the price you sell to merchants) this is obvious.

I do not know if you got my point but before start saying that am telling those things because i do not have 200k+ dps is because i have separate gear for farming each mp
and i do not know in which state you will find my char if you view the profile.

The thing is i tried different builds all those months and i want everyone to understand that in fact DPS is not what you should aim to! EHP matters and matters a lot. The balance is the perfect.
since the most efficient way to farm is to farm mp 0/1 why did you make this topic?
you have no clue...here is 1 m igg go buy an ideea...Not even bothering to tell you how wrong you are and where.
Edited by Vendetta#2202 on 25/12/2012 22:54 GMT
is this real life
OP is not really right at all.
25/12/2012 21:44Posted by touloupposCy
The rolls on each mp 8-9-10 (believe it or not) have a lower and upper limit. Meaning that if you find a legendary on higher mps it probably be better in worst case scenario than 4 legendaries in lower mps.

u sure about this? it's totally wrong...mp1 legendaries = mp10 legendaries (that means all suck)
View profile

This is a lie. MP has no affect on affix ranges. MP in Inferno only raises the chance of an item that drops being a good quality and also raises the number of items dropped per enemy killed. Obviously this only applies to Act 3 and 4, Act 1 and 2 have an overall drop improvement in MP1+ due to monster levels being raised to 63.

What this does mean is that the ratio of legendaries and 6 affix rares to 5 or 4 affix rares is improved. The legendaries and 6 affix rares that do drop will have the same chances of being good as if they dropped in Act 3 MP0 however you will see more of them per kill on average.
View profile

I think you need to go read this...

How Magic Find Works
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/equipment#magic-find

Higher MP levels give you a higher MF bonus (25MF per MP level) which means that your chances of finding legendaries and 6-affix items are increased.

However, once an item of that type has dropped, MF plays no part what-so-ever in determining which affixes are given or how high those affixes roll. Once you've dropped a 6-affix rare in the first place, you've got just as much chance of it being amazingly good (or bad) if it dropped in MP0 or MP10.
DPS is best for farming

inferno mp 1 and above makes all items roll ilvl 63 affixs

it not that much of a problem when trifecta gear isn't the best defensive slot anyway like gloves for example, still leaves shoulders and chest for defense.

even the higher mp levels can still require a heavy slant to dps as hitpoints scale much higher than incoming damage.

things are different when dealing with ubers or hardcore characters
Edited by Slaal#1308 on 26/12/2012 03:42 GMT
EHP = PvP

Gonna have a good laugh at the 40k HP players when pvp is released
View profile
26/12/2012 05:01Posted by Rxr
Gonna have a good laugh at the 40k HP players when pvp is released

Depends if you can survive that Seven Sided Strike or not. That is entirly up to Blizzard how they let damage work in PvP.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]