Diablo® III

Will we have Battlegrounds?

Please say yes! There are those of us who dislike Arenas, and prefer to spend our precious little play time doing PvP in battlegrounds.

Would be really lame not to have them, as almost every single pvp game there is has them in some form or another. Please think of us BG'ers!!

Thanks
Pimp
Reply Quote
Community
It is hard to say what kind of PvP modes they are looking into, as there isn't any information available on that right now :-(

This is an interesting idea though, and although am not sure how PvP battlegrounds would work in Diablo III, you guys are of course free to speculate on that and share your ideas :-)
Reply Quote
i d love to see it way more then arena tbh.
I am multitimes gladiator from wow and i gotto say that was most frustrating gaming experience ever.. On the other hand i always enjoyed alterac
Reply Quote
i d love to see it way more then arena tbh.
I am multitimes gladiator from wow and i gotto say that was most frustrating gaming experience ever.. On the other hand i always enjoyed alterac

Lol, WoW arena 2v2... hours long matches with Resto Druid vs a Lock left alive :D The one, whose gear breaks last, wins :D

I played resto shaman during TBC, and 30-60 min matches were quite normal, when it was me vs other healer left alive :D It was really who got bored first :D

Something very similar could happen in D3 arena, when two teams with high EHP, regen, LS, but average DPS would meet :)
Edited by Darlynn#1750 on 28/12/2012 09:09 GMT
Reply Quote
YAY! YES!. AAAAAND I WANT A DIABLO NITRO KART MODE !!!!

This game keeps drifting away of it's original origins. PVE.
Reply Quote
i honestly dont know how they are planning the PvP .

you cannot target another player in D3 so that brings some restrictions aswell as the fact that the classes have so few skills .. we have no healers .. only ranged and melee.

i see barbs and monks getting ripped to pieces by ranged classes becouse they have such awesome abilities to kite yet barb/monk have really nothing against a DH or a spirit walk /grasp of the dead WD.
Reply Quote
Whatever PvP theme's they make I can be sure of one thing.

It will be a load of rubbish!
Reply Quote

you cannot target another player in D3 so that brings some restrictions aswell as the fact that the classes have so few skills .. we have no healers .. only ranged and melee.

i see barbs and monks getting ripped to pieces by ranged classes becouse they have such awesome abilities to kite yet barb/monk have really nothing against a DH or a spirit walk /grasp of the dead WD.

I want to see you killing a max EHP geared barb, that has every single regen/% of max HP healing skill selected :)

Edit: I forgot the 10-20k thorns (which are gonna get buffed) in their gear, to make sure any glass cannons 1hit them-selves. Add Overpower with reflect damage rune as cherry on the top :)
Edited by Darlynn#1750 on 28/12/2012 09:26 GMT
Reply Quote
darlynn .. i dont see them doing a pvp like that .

what would be the point of it ?

it should be a 20mx20m flat box where you spawn 2 seconds after you die .. then 2 seconds after you spawn you die again becouse everyone has +200k dmg and oneshots you and himself with every hit.

i crit +600k with bash and +1mil with hota.. so that means i oneshot every single player i can hit ? .. same goes for everyone else .. every player oneshots every player .. wouldnt that be AWESOME!!!
Edited by V3mpa1N#2431 on 28/12/2012 09:39 GMT
Reply Quote
darlynn .. i dont see them doing a pvp like that .

what would be the point of it ?

it should be a 20mx20m flat box where you spawn 2 seconds after you die .. then 2 seconds after you spawn you die again becouse everyone has +200k dmg and oneshots you and himself with every hit.

i crit +600k with bash and +1mil with hota.. so that means i oneshot every single player i can hit ? .. same goes for everyone else .. every player oneshots every player .. wouldnt that be AWESOME!!!

http://www.diabloprogress.com/rating.stat_ehp_unbuffed

You actually need 18 * 1mil crits to get down people with 18m ehp :)

But yeah... since average players run with something like 500-1mil ehp, you have a point.

It's pretty obvious that such issues are the main reason, why they can't release the PvP arena for current state of player gear, since those issues are not mathematically solvable, unless, they add PvP specific affixes... like 'resilience' in WoW.... we already know how it 'fixes' everything :D
Reply Quote
so you think someone is going to play a wall that cannot do damage? how funny could be?
Barb cannot do the "defender" role like D&D 4°edition fighter, they cannot take attacks directed to others and enemies could just attack other peole.
If there is a special arena called "last standing man" how boring could be ?
Reply Quote

I want to see you killing a max EHP geared barb, that has every single regen/% of max HP healing skill selected :)

Edit: I forgot the 10-20k thorns (which are gonna get buffed) in their gear, to make sure any glass cannons 1hit them-selves. Add Overpower with reflect damage rune as cherry on the top :)

Well.. You see the think is, that the WD is not taking any damage those 3 sec. he is in the spirit realm. soo your thorns means nothing when your barb is taking a big Dire bad to his face:)
Reply Quote
Hmm how about, Boss mode:

Imagine Azmodan as a playable boss in PvP you take control over him and the other players trying to kill him or kill you! :D (just an idea)
Reply Quote
this would be really owesome.
+1
Reply Quote
I predict MOBA-PvP.
Reply Quote
YAY! YES!. AAAAAND I WANT A DIABLO NITRO KART MODE !!!!

This game keeps drifting away of it's original origins. PVE.

Have you played d2? PvP played an essential role there... Maybe you haven't had enough of PvE with only 20k elite kills.. you'll be looking forward to some fresh content when/if you hit 50k.
Reply Quote
Hmm how about, Boss mode:

Imagine Azmodan as a playable boss in PvP you take control over him and the other players trying to kill him or kill you! :D (just an idea)

this actually sounds quite awesome but logistically it is completely unrealistic. it would practically mean creating another whole class as blizz would have to make all the skills and abilities for you to be able to control said boss..
Reply Quote
I really hope they will let us to "zoom out" if they plan any sort of pvp though.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
You're funny man. You wanna battlegrounds in game in which After 7 months of diablo 3, and few years of developing Blizzard can implement just duels, so change line "If players = ally make him enable to attack = 'false'" for 'true'?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]