Diablo® III

How Jay W. Destroyed Diablo series?

(Locked)

So Veneras wanted us to be more constructive. I can give you my points why I think Jay Willson destroyed Diablo series.

Back in the days Diablo was a hardcore (I mean it was very hard and complex) RPG game. It was like accept it or quit, nobody cares. Nobody even considered to make patches for noobs in the dev. team. You had to do everything manually when u leveled up. Spend skillpoints carefully, spend ability points carefully. Why? Because it was a game of thinking men. wrong skillset can destroy your character and you will have to make a new one.

Another thing is - stupid 15% randomized maps. Diablo 2 and 1 had fully randomized world. In Diablo 3 only barely 15% of the map is randomized. It's stupid to write it as a game feature. Let's accept - Diablo 3 doesnt even feel like diablo anymore because of this. Everytime i play act3 it feels like same act3.

Another problem is offcourse. Magic Find was super nerfed when compared to Diablo 2. In Diablo 2 magic find meant to increase chance of finding higher quality items. What it does in Diablo 3 is just makes elite packs to drop more rares and I find this system super stupid.

Back to the skillpoints, etc. I see you tried to be innovative Mr. Jay, but you aren't. Why? Yes you get everything set automatically for you, you just have to sellect skills to use. But what you have to do MANUALLY? NOTHING!!!!! NOTHING!!!!!! NOTHING!!!!! What a stupid way of creating RPG... Its not Diablo 3. its more like Retardo 3. To be fair I have to say. I still play Diablo 3 but only for a reason because i think it has potential, you just have to do few things:

GIVE US MANUAL CONTROL OVER OUR CHAR.
MAKE A SYSTEM THAT USERS CAN EXPLORE.
REVAMP MF.
DONT POST STUPID BLOGS SAYING (Well, we are lazy bit*h*s, so sorry we delete previous project and start a new one).
GIVE HARDCORE WAYS TO SET A CHAR THIS IS RPG AFTER ALL NOT BARBIE DOLLS!

That's it. +1 from myself to myself.
Edited by Hordeon#2632 on 28/12/2012 10:49 GMT
Remove RMAH/AH and fix damn drops so everyone can find their gear, and BiS gear every 50 hours
Remake EVERY ITEM (especially legs+class specific items) and create new items
Buff 90% of the skills-runes
Revive Cain
Bring new gems + and enable socketing
More pentagrams and gothic enviroments
Remake butterfly magic, and Mrs. Diablo
Bring back cow level
Create game lobbies for public games enabling plvl
Create a free world where everyone can join anytime they want and trade or PvP
New act with fetishes (and theme same as that act in D2) -gosh how I miss their sounds
Bossess drops at least 1 leg for sure
More mob density

That's all I can think of in mere 20 seconds.
but fanboys still tell ya - wow u played 1000h so this game must be AMAZING :D hahaha

i played in D2 14 fraking YEARS! thats why D3 is a big fail.
guys we should not ask for patches and upgrades and give us this give us that...

we should forget diablo3 and wait for a diablo4 and hope some other dev team will create it...diablo3 is dead and will never get any better...in the last 2 month i just starred at the character menu for some minutes and quit the game...there is so much wrong with this game and they needed 10 years to make it...they will never ever repair it in 6 month with the same dev team because this dev. team will not realize they builed a crappy game for 10 years..
...stupid..............stupid...stupid........stupid.........................stupid.....................stupid.................stupid..........................................................................stupid.............................................................stupid.....................................stupid

Where's the constructive criticism?
the time for constructive criticism is over...i guess you are happy with a 10 year-development pre-alpha-game?
Can't ask for contstructive criticism from a 10 year old..
28/12/2012 12:02Posted by shokomann
the time for constructive criticism is over...i guess you are happy with a 10 year-development pre-alpha-game?

Give him a beer fo this speach! +1
So Veneras wanted us to be more constructive. I can give you my points why I think Jay Willson destroyed Diablo series.

Back in the days Diablo was a hardcore (I mean it was very hard and complex) RPG game. It was like accept it or quit, nobody cares. Nobody even considered to make patches for noobs in the dev. team. You had to do everything manually when u leveled up. Spend skillpoints carefully, spend ability points carefully. Why? Because it was a game of thinking men. wrong skillset can destroy your character and you will have to make a new one.

Another thing is - stupid 15% randomized maps. Diablo 2 and 1 had fully randomized world. In Diablo 3 only barely 15% of the map is randomized. It's stupid to write it as a game feature. Let's accept - Diablo 3 doesnt even feel like diablo anymore because of this. Everytime i play act3 it feels like same act3.

Another problem is offcourse. Magic Find was super nerfed when compared to Diablo 2. In Diablo 2 magic find meant to increase chance of finding higher quality items. What it does in Diablo 3 is just makes elite packs to drop more rares and I find this system super stupid.

Back to the skillpoints, etc. I see you tried to be innovative Mr. Jay, but you aren't. Why? Yes you get everything set automatically for you, you just have to sellect skills to use. But what you have to do MANUALLY? NOTHING!!!!! NOTHING!!!!!! NOTHING!!!!! What a stupid way of creating RPG... Its not Diablo 3. its more like Retardo 3. To be fair I have to say. I still play Diablo 3 but only for a reason because i think it has potential, you just have to do few things:

GIVE US MANUAL CONTROL OVER OUR CHAR.
MAKE A SYSTEM THAT USERS CAN EXPLORE.
REVAMP MF.
DONT POST STUPID BLOGS SAYING (Well, we are lazy bit*h*s, so sorry we delete previous project and start a new one).
GIVE HARDCORE WAYS TO SET A CHAR THIS IS RPG AFTER ALL NOT BARBIE DOLLS!

That's it. +1 from myself to myself.

+1

All you need bro , is DIablo 4!!! You cant have these changes now... Sadly.

So wait 10 years more or less and play something else... Even torchlight 2 , a 15 eyros game did everything right... shame.
28/12/2012 13:26Posted by Corpan
Can't ask for contstructive criticism from a 10 year old..

A fanboy with no valid arguments left to bring ... talks about constructive criticism by calling others 10 years old because they speak... the truth!!

I start like this forum more and more everyday
Community
...I think Jay Willson destroyed Diablo series...

...Its not Diablo 3. its more like Retardo 3...

...POST STUPID BLOGS SAYING (Well, we are lazy bit*h*s...

Comments like these makes this look more like ranting than providing criticism. If you want us to take your feedback seriously, you may want to avoid that kind of stuff and actually keep a constructive tone.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]