Diablo® III

Google shows Diablo 3 is 5th top search on Google 2012

(Locked)

Source:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/diablo-iii-a-top-google-search-in-2012-6401497

--- > Google factored in over one trillion searches typed into Google Search this year

This is the hit list:

1. Whitney Houston
2. Gangnam Style
3. Hurricane Sandy
4. iPad 3
5. Diablo 3
6. Kate Middleton
7. Olympics 2012
8. Amanda Todd
9. Michael Clarke Duncan
10. BBB12

--- > Of course we all knew already it is second most played sequel game of 2012 on Raptr

http://caas.raptr.com/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2012/12/Raptr-Most-Played-Games-of-2012-Awards.pdf

--- > And course it is even today - 8 months after launch - 6th most played game according to Xfire on a day to day basis.

GRTZ Blizzard.

The haters gonna hate this :)
Edited by BenBoske#2907 on 19/12/2012 10:01 GMT
Jesus F. Christ you think anyone gives a damn ? Does this mean gangnam style is the best song ever made on the planet ? Does this mean Whitney Houston was the greatest singer in the history of mankind just because of google searches ?

You know.. it's almost humanly impossible to be that big of an imbecile. I don't know, maybe you're not stupid at all and you just enjoy trolling the forums for fun.. but if that's the case then you're wasting your life for nothing.
Jesus F. Christ you think anyone gives a damn ? Does this mean gangnam style is the best song ever made on the planet ? Does this mean Whitney Houston was the greatest singer in the history of mankind just because of google searches ?

You know.. it's almost humanly impossible to be that big of an imbecile. I don't know, maybe you're not stupid at all and you just enjoy trolling the forums for fun.. but if that's the case then you're wasting your life for nothing.

Like I said, the haters gonna hate this one ...

:)

Well you know it is not too shabby to be squeezed between 4. The Ipad and ... 6. Kate Middleton...
Or perhaps the "sample" was not ... big enough ... LOL to be trusted

:)
Edited by BenBoske#2907 on 19/12/2012 10:22 GMT

+11

btw why even defend this crappy game? D2 is more fun. 14 years old game. thats right. After u get some good gear ( on ah u can buy it now for 1M ) u can do easly mp7. There is no point of playing anymore. For what? some ppl spend here 1000 hours to get 1 item worth 2M. pff get a life, go to girlfriend..or play other games where fun actuallly is from start to end.

Jay Wilson fraked up most precious game series in this world. GJ Gay.. ups i mean Jay :D

+11

btw why even defend this crappy game? D2 is more fun. 14 years old game. thats right. After u get some good gear ( on ah u can buy it now for 1M ) u can do easly mp7. There is no point of playing anymore. For what? some ppl spend here 1000 hours to get 1 item worth 2M. pff get a life, go to girlfriend..or play other games where fun actuallly is from start to end.

Jay Wilson fraked up most precious game series in this world. GJ Gay.. ups i mean Jay :D

A little late reaction then, since you got 5 lvl 60's (all above Paragon level 20) and a good estimate of a 1000 hours played ... (that's 4 hours + per day average)...

Not bad for a video game that is "crappy" ? LOL Perhaps there was something fun going on after all these hours played then ...

Next time try to watch a 1000 hours footbal games at 4 hours a day non stop and then come back stating football sucks.
Edited by BenBoske#2907 on 19/12/2012 10:34 GMT
I don't really get your point with this thread - are you trying to convert critics to diablo 3 to actually like the game? I'll give it a shot.

As the biggest game name released in 2012, I'm not surprised by the number of google searches. I would guess it was even higher in the list the time before release. Over 10 million copies sold, that's alot of people who will search for information. Nothing surprising really.

However, what's making me sad is the Raptr-report. Diablo 3 was released this summer, and sold in roughly double the quantity of borderlands 2, which was released this autumn. And Borderlands 2 doubles diablo's total play time. Guild Wars, also released later than diablo, with 1/5 of the copies sold, has about 75% of the total play time of diablo. This indicates that Diablo has not lived up to its expectations. It has certainly not lived up to mine. Another indication is the user metascore:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/borderlands-2
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/guild-wars-2

That's not how the score should look if there's nothing wrong imo.

I like the game in general, but it gets boring too fast. Some features ruins my gameplay, like the game being built around an auction house, and the paragon level system which prevents multiple characters for example. There's alot more of course, tho blizzard has fixed some of it. It needs alot more fixing of course, and I'm looking forward to the next patches, hoping and believing as a Diablo 1 & 2 fan, that the game gets better and better.

As it is now, I and appearantly a large chunk of the player base, is quite dissappointed with the game, which the Raptr-report seems to support. Diablo 3 should be on top of that list :(.

In summary - lots of expectations, low score and low playtime. Anyone know when next patch is out? Would be nice with some improvements so I can start play again when off work at christmas and try it out :).
19/12/2012 10:32Posted by BenBoske
Not bad for a video game that is "crappy" ? LOL Perhaps there was something fun going on after all these hours played then ...

u think 1000hours is a lot? u know i played in D2 14 YEARS. U compare some months to 14 YEARS? GL. After so many hours playing in D3 i can say only this:

THEY WASTED MY TIME. and still D3 is so fraking CRAAPPY compared to D2. Still D2 have more to offer, still i'm so fraking angry, so potencial WASTED! Damn devs!

AND after so many hours played here, PRAYING for any good changes in game core i made a move:

RAGE QUIT!!!!

and btw:

Barb compared to other class is IMMORTAL still. I can go through Mp10 without sweat in this gear on me. Look in profile.. My bro with 1 Bilion gear on him cant do it. cool balance. And they want pvp HERE? in this mess? never. U never get pvp at this state.
Edited by Rivid#2570 on 19/12/2012 10:58 GMT
33 Pandaren Monk
Of course we all knew already it is second most played sequel game of 2012 on Raptr

God Bless you Benjamin.

You are so right...

...IF you mean 'botted' instead of 'played'..

sigh
99% of google searches were for error code explanation. Game freez fixes. How to bot. How to dupe items. Why on earth would you want to google diablo 3 ?

Anyone giving a good rating to this game either only finished normal difficulty or has absolutely no diablo 2 experiance and loves soap operas.
BenBoske = ::D:D:D:D
I don't really get your point with this thread - are you trying to convert critics to diablo 3 to actually like the game? I'll give it a shot.

As the biggest game name released in 2012, I'm not surprised by the number of google searches. I would guess it was even higher in the list the time before release. Over 10 million copies sold, that's alot of people who will search for information. Nothing surprising really.

However, what's making me sad is the Raptr-report. Diablo 3 was released this summer, and sold in roughly double the quantity of borderlands 2, which was released this autumn. And Borderlands 2 doubles diablo's total play time. Guild Wars, also released later than diablo, with 1/5 of the copies sold, has about 75% of the total play time of diablo. This indicates that Diablo has not lived up to its expectations. It has certainly not lived up to mine. Another indication is the user metascore:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/borderlands-2
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/guild-wars-2

That's not how the score should look if there's nothing wrong imo.

I like the game in general, but it gets boring too fast. Some features ruins my gameplay, like the game being built around an auction house, and the paragon level system which prevents multiple characters for example. There's alot more of course, tho blizzard has fixed some of it. It needs alot more fixing of course, and I'm looking forward to the next patches, hoping and believing as a Diablo 1 & 2 fan, that the game gets better and better.

As it is now, I and appearantly a large chunk of the player base, is quite dissappointed with the game, which the Raptr-report seems to support. Diablo 3 should be on top of that list :(.

In summary - lots of expectations, low score and low playtime. Anyone know when next patch is out? Would be nice with some improvements so I can start play again when off work at christmas and try it out :).

Few answers.

---

Seriously D3 came in second on Raptr AFTER a game published on ...a multi platform game.

Care to see the stats if D3 was published on the XBOX, the PS3, the WII ???

---
Anyone who even cites metacritic user scores is an imbecile (sorry). Those are 1500+ posts of giving a POPULAR Activision Blizzard game 1/10 just for fun (and please do include all created alts) with comments like "D3 is a terrible FPS..." or "I could not log in at launch ... f u Blizz, I hate you"... The same happens to every COD game and even MoP (which is considered the better expansion in years ...)

---
There was a 3 month difference between D3 and GW2 indeed, but D3 is not an MMORPG where you have to dwell for 1000 of hours to put up reputation grinds and attunements in. AND btw the Rptr stat is for US play only... So you ignore 2/3 of the outside market of D3 (us EU and Asia)...

D3 is just that: a fast to play on line game and ... indeed without PvP.

---
The lack of PvP did hurt the game play (as can be seen on Xfire activity : only games with PvP (except for D3) are played in the top 20 of that list).

So while not everyone can like D3. The fact of the matter is it made a huge impact still and the prolonged game play is seen on tools like Xfire.

Even without the PvP element it is getting played (which is suprising to many) , but not to me.
Edited by BenBoske#2907 on 19/12/2012 11:17 GMT
BenBoske - BIG troll

dont feed the troll - he is playing in DEFENDOR role.

If D3 is so great why u defend it? If game is great, it defend yourself.
99% of google searches were for error code explanation. Game freez fixes. How to bot. How to dupe items. Why on earth would you want to google diablo 3 ?

Anyone giving a good rating to this game either only finished normal difficulty or has absolutely no diablo 2 experiance and loves soap operas.

IGN gave it a whopping 95% and Eurogamer with different sites all over EU a good 90%

Overall it got 88% on Metacritic.

I put the 1500 Metacritic "users" post who gave it a 1/10 'it sucks" treatment on ignore btw...

As should be with 11.000.000 copies sold to date.
Edited by BenBoske#2907 on 19/12/2012 11:15 GMT
No use, the "I am hating something on the Internet, because it's so cool to do it" generation is 100% immune to facts and rational arguments.
BenBoske - BIG troll

dont feed the troll - he is playing in DEFENDOR role.

If D3 is so great why u defend it? If game is great, it defend yourself.

I don't defend anything.

I just pointed out some links which apparently act like a big red blanket on hating bulls ...
Edited by BenBoske#2907 on 19/12/2012 11:19 GMT
Trolling - One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

You cannot honestly say that you have made this thread for any other reason than to provoke a reaction.

19/12/2012 10:00Posted by BenBoske
The haters gonna hate this :)

You may be constantly spouting how great the game is or how long players have been roaming the Auction House (or play time), but your simply doing the same thing as those who spout the game being dead, crap or an insult to D2 fans.
Trolling - One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

On the contrary.

I stated "grtz Blizzard" for putting out a game which was the ONLY one in 2012 to get so many google threads.

I think this fact is very important as a news item. No one even knew this NEWS fact on this forum.

Of course it would attract haters as they can't stand ANY good news coming from Diablo 3.

But that's not my fault predicting their reactions.

So posting a new thread that Diablo 3 was the 5th most searched word in Google in 2012 is no longer accepted ?

it is getting better and better on this Blizzard site. It shows how far off these hate dwellers are gone really.
Edited by BenBoske#2907 on 19/12/2012 11:45 GMT
I was referring more in the way that wrote your post, which simply caused a thread of insults and arguments. Innocently made it may be, but you perhaps could have worded it better.
Seriously D3 came in second on Raptr AFTER a game published on ...a multi platform game.

Care to see the stats if D3 was published on the XBOX, the PS3, the WII ???

I actually would like to see that, would be interesting. I don't play Borderlands2 so didn't know about it being a multi platform game, as the report didn't state so. So it defenitely partly explains the huge gap between the games. Still, Diablo, with double the playerbase based on copies sold, should be in top of that list, don't you agree?

19/12/2012 11:08Posted by BenBoske
Anyone who even cites metacritic user scores is an imbecile (sorry). Those are 1500+ posts of giving a POPULAR Activision Blizzard game 1/10 just for fun (and please do include all created alts) with comments like "D3 is a terrible FPS..." or "I could not log in at launch ... f u Blizz, I hate you"... The same happens to every COD game and even MoP (which is considered the better expansion in years ...)

Can't really agree with you here. There's indeed alot of non informative negative reviews for Diablo 3, as it appears to be some of that kind for Borderlands2 as well. But even if one ignores these, lets assume, ~1500 reviews, the rating is not good. And if you take additional bias in consideration, this is still an indication that alot of people are disappointed with Diablo 3.

The similarities with CoD reviews is interesting too. Both being games with huge expectations and playerbases, and clearly this generates bias. But one can't ignore it completely.

For funsies, I checked some large game selling sites in my native language (not really a point to post that here ;)). Critic results was actually quite varied, but generally it got around 3-3,5/5. So better than metacritic, but still not the anticipated 5/5 one could hope for, for such a game as Diablo 3 unfortunately. But it tells me that metacritic scores are flawed indeed, but not totally ignorable. Do you, or anyone else, know more user game rating sites? Could be interesting to look at.

There was a 3 month difference between D3 and GW2 indeed, but D3 is not an MMORPG where you have to dwell for 1000 of hours to put up reputation grinds and attuements in.

D3 is just that: a fast to play on line game and ... indeed without PvP.

Partly agree, as MMORPG tends to take up more time (that's why I don't play them), Diablo 3 certainly is built for time consuming grinding, even if the rewards differ.

The lack of PvP did hurt the game play (as can be seen on Xfire activity : only games with PvP (except for D3) are played in the top 20 of that list).

So while not everyone can like D3. The fact of the matter is it made a huge impact still and the prolonged game play is seen on tools like Xfire.

Even without the PvP element it is getting played (which is suprising to many) , but not to me.

I can imagine that the lack of PvP has hurt Diablo, even though I can't myself relate to it as I've never played Diablo games in that way. Will be interesting to look at the game stats when it is implemented. But it is still not the only reason to numbers looking bad appearantly, even if it is a big reason.

It's absolutely played, but, as said, not as much as one could hope for such a game unfortunately. Hopefully, and probably, more for each patch.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]