Diablo® III

Google shows Diablo 3 is 5th top search on Google 2012

(Locked)

Nothing can be said about these titles since they refer to actual facts and data. But apparently some guys are this far away from reality it acts as a red carpet on a bull.

Meh, you only see what you wanna see. I could probably find hundreds of negative reviews about D3, and thousands upon thousands of negative posts on various forums over the internet. Want proof ? Go read the comments on every youtube video with jay wilson interview, go watch Lineage Eternal, Grim Dawn, other rpgs... every single comment is against diablo, same with the diablo page on facebook, everything they post just gets negative comments about how much diablo sucks... etc etc etc... There's a lot more negative than positive, which means there's clearly something wrong with the game.

And all you have to defend D3 is xfire, google searches bla bla... completely unimportant things nobody gives a damn about.

http://www.gamerankings.com/pc/930659-diablo-iii/index.html

87% average on ... 56 reknown professional reviews.

IGN 95%, Eurogamer 90% overall.

The only thing you got is meatrcitic "user" reviews which represent NOTHING against 11.000.000 copies sold and the fact D3 stays a top played game on tracking tools like Ratr and Xfire.

These "user" reviews are anonymous and conists of 1500 ... 1/10 votes which frankly are a real laugh when you read them with one liners like "D3 worst first person shooter ever" etc.

Each COD gets 2.2 on metacritic, even MoP got 4.8. Some idiots with 10 alt mail names can produce anything on that "user" site.

So indulge yourself in cognitive dissonance facts and figures.

I don't care.

Much more interesting was the overall mob attacks on people who like to play this game and mention obvious titles in the media.

That was the obvious reason why I created this thread: to show the mirror on some dudes.

There is more research stuff in here than you can absorb in a 3 day psycho convention.

It was worth it.
Edited by BenBoske#2907 on 21/12/2012 10:23 GMT
What research stuff? The comments on this thread are nothing new. The forums have been like this almost since the beginning. Everybody here most likely guessed it was going to be this kind of an hate-fest the moment they saw your first post.

So please go do your trolling or research or whatever somewhere else. There are enough trolls on these forums already.
21/12/2012 10:10Posted by BenBoske

Meh, you only see what you wanna see. I could probably find hundreds of negative reviews about D3, and thousands upon thousands of negative posts on various forums over the internet. Want proof ? Go read the comments on every youtube video with jay wilson interview, go watch Lineage Eternal, Grim Dawn, other rpgs... every single comment is against diablo, same with the diablo page on facebook, everything they post just gets negative comments about how much diablo sucks... etc etc etc... There's a lot more negative than positive, which means there's clearly something wrong with the game.

And all you have to defend D3 is xfire, google searches bla bla... completely unimportant things nobody gives a damn about.

The only thing you got is meatrcitic "user" reviews which represent NOTHING against 11.000.000 copies sold and the fact D3 stays a top played game on tracking tools like Ratr and Xfire.

These "user" reviews are anonymous and conists of 1500 ... 1/10 votes which frankly are a real laugh when you read them with one liners like "D3 worst first person shooter ever" etc.

Each COD gets 2.2 on metacritic, even MoP got 4.8. Some idiots with 10 alt mail names can produce anything on that "user" site.

I don't care.

Much more interesting was the overall mob attacks on people who like to play this game and mention obvious titles in the media.

That was the obvious reason why I created this thread: to show the mirror on some dudes.

There is more research stuff in here than you can absorb in a 3 day psycho convention.

It was worth it.

The fact is your sources are unreliable.

I don't care.

It was worth it.

And that's why D3 will become the game of the year of 2012... not. It has already been kicked out of the contest on many famous gaming sites. That's enough fact that the game sucks in many ways, screw your statistics.

About the "to show the mirror on some dudes", i am afraid you don't see your own mirror image.

Go and do something productive instead of this trolling, get new players to play the game, promote it via streams if you think it is a great game, help newbies understand the mechanics and so on... There is a lot to do, to become helpful. Do you know that you are flame baiting with repetitive posts about your statistics, doing nothing else then just provoking the majority of the community? As far as i know, for flame baiting you can get punished.
Edited by adinh85#2588 on 21/12/2012 10:48 GMT
"D3 is second most played sequel game of 2012 on Raptr"

or "Google shows Diablo 3 is 5th top search on Google 2012 "

Nothing can be said about these titles since they refer to actual facts and data. But apparently some guys are this far away from reality it acts as a red carpet on a bull.

You, as a 55 year old academic (you claim to be), should be aware of source criticism.

As Diablo 3 was the most anticipated game of the last year, if not of the last 12 years, because its pedigree, because of the success and legacy of Diablo 2, one could very well suggest that the majority of the searches on Diablo 3, where made in the period November 1st 2011 to June 2012 (as the Google list is based on November to November). Likewise one can suggest that the amount of searches on Diablo 3 is based on amount of players, and since there were 7 million players per late May 2012, many searches would have been there, then lesser in by June, as only 3 million were left and less in August then only 700,000 players were left world wide.

However, you apply no source criticism. You blindly post data as definitive fact supporting your view, even though it does not.

I will not argue against that Diablo 3 isn't the 5th most searched word on Google in 2012, because it is.

But I will argue, that it never can suggest the game to be a success, as one has no data on when the searches were made, as one has no data on what specific key words the searches involved, that the mere fact that some searching for a word doesn't imply success?

There are more searches on phedophile than on God. Does that suggest that there are more phedophiles than christians? Or could it suggest that concerned parents would search for sexual offenders in their neighborhood? Could it suggest that there are more who do PhD in abnomal psychology than in religion? The mere fact of the search result can not tell us the reason behind the search.

I will argue, that one cannot suggest that asking about source criticism equals hate to the game, as opposite ignoring source criticism does not imply love for the game.

I have dared you three times now to make one actual comment, based on retorting. You have not yet done that. Instead you just repeat the same non critical data over and over as definitive facts and definitive reasoning for your point of view.

Your approach to data and "facts" is the same as if you rolled a six-sided dice 10 times and ended up with a sum of 42 and then said, that the average of a six-sided dice is 4.2 and not 3.5. You avoid retort, you avoid any critical point of view, you avoid anything and everything, and instead lable those who display intelligence and a critical view on data as haters and insane people.

I have now asked Ben to make 1, just one retort, but instead he just posts links he picks without any critical sense or basis and says...

THIS IS FACTS, IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN THEM, YOU ARE INSANE AND KNOW NOTHING.

EDIT: I have now gotten email back from Els Witte. Let us just say...

Ben... You never went to University and studied what you said :)

So now that your lies about having studied in Brussels are busted, let us assume that your claims of being rich, having met Bill Gates and etc are more made up lies.

So what is left is a BenBoske, who is the worst player in this game, who is a mythoman, who does nothing but posts links without any criticical sense or base, who avoids any debating / arguementing / discussion, who has uses ideosyncratic speech patterns of someone 20-25 without any academic background.

I would call this exposed and busted :)
Edited by Cottonface#1659 on 21/12/2012 11:00 GMT
I put most of the agressive D3 hate posters in their underwear frankly.

Their arguments are pretty much trivial since they reacted to simple data that contradicted with their personal opinions and views.

It shows these guys will do anything to blow up D3 (in their minds) whatever Blizzard does.

The more you put in personal data of a stooge, the more they reunited in a hating mob.

Some might say: this is simpy the anonymous internet.

I would say: this is our species.

Great hobby to watch: btw to the poster above: you're my real number one ... As a side note I reinvested 390.0000 Euros with my banker yesterday at home. Perhaps you could retrace that too. Sorry I needed to do it because these packages expired on Jan 31.

TLDR: It is just monthly coins you know

:)
Edited by BenBoske#2907 on 21/12/2012 11:17 GMT

I don't care.

It was worth it.

You DO know that those reviews are from when the game launched, don't you ? The people who wrote them played only on normal to maybe level 30, and yes the game is actually pretty fun playing on normal for the first time, discovering the acts and everything. Go ask the same people what do they think now, or if they are still playing... they'll laugh at you!

Trying to convince people that D3 is great based on few reviews from people who barely played the game is the dumbest thing one can do. The reviewers are not important, i mean.. are they somehow special and better than us normal gamers ? I don't think so. You look at them as if they are gods or something, but in reality they are just normal people with an opinion (based on a very short experience with D3).

Even if you gather all the positive reviews in the world from every website, it's not nearly as much as how many negative there actually are. Like i said, you only see what you wanna see!

And you failed miserably!
guys, why even keep bothering?

are you all hoping that this so called "55 year old academic with a personal banker" and the behavior of a 5 year old child in a toy store will give in?

short and simple he will not, he's just looking to pick a fight to get his freak on, which is not suprising as he is clearly mentally very unstable.

yes ben, you may now say you "won" and that you "owned" me, go ahead, do that, funny part is that you have won nothing, and oh, if i'm such a "psycho" for hating diablo as you say, you should watch out what you say, psycho's tend to be...

unpredictable...

anyway, i've wasted enough of my time on you, and with you stating that your rich, a genius and all those things just proves 1 thing to me...

that you are a worthless excuse for a human being who is afraid to admit that even though something has it's good points, it also has a lot of flaws...

congrats on your digital "victory" ben, and yet you won nothing, i'm just choosing to be the bigger man and stop wasting time on your useless quest for attention...
Edited by CLFX#2502 on 21/12/2012 11:14 GMT
So simple:You can't measure an activity of a NEW game being played in its launching weeks.You CAN however look at long term playing retention and after 8 months D3 is a top played game on some tracking tools like Raptr, like Xfire, like IN Game new group forming tools simply show.

Taken from the same Raptr link Ben posted

To create equal footing for comparison, all games are compared based on the same time frames, typically defined as the first month after release. Based on historical trends, first-month playtime data is a strong indicator of a game’s overall performance.

You have once again failed to read what is measured in these statistics.
No you cut and paste my answers out of context.

The long term playing reference was to the faulty reasoning of dropping 90% in activity on Xfire after launch (made by the usual suspects).

While I said: any NEW game will drop activity numbers after the first weeks of playing it because 10 hour daily playing sessions will be replaced by 3 hour playing non daily sessions for a lot of people.

That doesn't mean 75% less activity means 75% drop of registred players. Making allusion to the fact only 20% of active players are even on line at some point.

And I continued with the mentioned quote, because Raptr DOES track activity to this very day. This has nothing to do with the Raptr conclusions in the report of 2012.

Great example of the cognitive dissonance once again.

Of course no sane person can argue about these normal activity drops after launch, so we scratch it from the hating brains and use it to match our own self fulfilling prophecies.

Attacking anything that could stand between "the hate poster" and the hated subject is wiped out with an agressive attitude attacking the contradicting poster in person. The more "realistic" the poster becomes (adding RL data to the stooge), the more agressive the mobs gather around him.

"Cognitive dissonance theory explains human behavior by positing that people have a bias to seek consonance between their expectations and reality. According to Festinger, people engage in a process he termed "dissonance reduction", which can be achieved in one of three ways: lowering the importance of one of the discordant factors, adding consonant elements, or changing one of the dissonant factors.[6] This bias sheds light on otherwise puzzling, irrational, and even destructive behavior.

I even was threathened several times in this thread.
Edited by BenBoske#2907 on 21/12/2012 12:18 GMT
No you cut and paste my answers out of context.

The long term playing reference was to the faulty reasoning of dropping 90% in activity on Xfire after launch (made by the usual suspects).

While I said: any NEW game will drop activity numbers after the first weeks of playing it because 10 hour daily playing sessions will be replaced by 3 hour playing non daily sessions for a lot of people.

That doesn't mean 75% less activity means 75% drop of registred players. Making allusion to the fact only 20% of active players are even on line at some point.

And I continued with the mentioned quote, because Raptr DOES track activity to this very day. This has nothing to do with the Raptr conclusions in the report of 2012.

Great example of the cognitive dissonance once again.

Of course no sane person can argue about these normal activity drops after launch, so we scratch it from the hating brains and use it to match our own self fulfilling prophecies.

Fair enough point taken, I didn't realise you were referring to Raptr in a Xfire manner I thought you were referring back to the Raptr awards PDF in which case it was based on the first month only. Since its a continued tracking system my point is irrelevant.

Hard to keep track of the content in this thread.
"Cognitive dissonance theory explains human behavior by positing that people have a bias to seek consonance between their expectations and reality. According to Festinger, people engage in a process he termed "dissonance reduction", which can be achieved in one of three ways: lowering the importance of one of the discordant factors, adding consonant elements, or changing one of the dissonant factors.[6] This bias sheds light on otherwise puzzling, irrational, and even destructive behavior.

lol what a moron, copy-pasting crap from wikipedia about human nature or whatever doesn't make you look smart. You are truly a retard if you think we all have some sort of mental issues just because we (rightfully) disagree with you and your stupid point of view! How the hell can you say you've won all arguments when all you do is post the same xfire link and always babble about the same thing over and over again and ignore everything you cannot answer, you call that an argument ? You're nothing more than a lonely attention seeking sad nobody! And you will either get banned for stupidity, or quit eventually and no one will even remember you! I know many people are extremely dumb on the internet, but you definitely take the cake!
Edited by PrinceVegeta#1538 on 21/12/2012 12:35 GMT
- Diablo III
View profile
LOL, BenBoske...

Try this one!

Type in "Diablo 3 is" into google and see what suggestions come up!!!

The top 3 are... "dead" "crap" and "boring"....

GZ BLIZZ GZ ^^
The mere fact one quote like "... Google shows Diablo 3 is 5th top search on Google 2012 ..." ended up with 9 pages of insulting Blizzard, Wilson, a fan or anything even remotely in the way of their thinking ...simply shows these forums are owned these days by lunatic haters of a video game.

Once more you see what you want to see and don't think. The facts you stated above don't for a minute suggest to you that maybe the game is bad, generally disliked, bleeding players, and a bitterly disappointing insult for many long-term fans? Not one bit? You just assume eveyone but you is a lunatic.

Feel free to repost your link to whatever stat it was you were misreading last time, I have forgotten what it was.
Any fan who comes up for this game is bullied away with unseen hate and simply that: harassment in group mobbing mode.

Purely for their own protection, and rightly so. If they just read your threads they'd get a totally dishonest view of the game and possibly waste 40 quid expecting something that simply isn't there (thriving economy etc).

As I stated on my post above: what more proof do you need that D3 is making this guy insane...

Not surprising at all. It made me insane all right. Still finding it hard to believe how bad this game is or how TL2 with no budget could be so much better. I often think I am dreaming it all or have gone insane.
Edited by Ghostlight#2542 on 21/12/2012 13:00 GMT
Community
The thread has unfortunately turned into something of a flamefest, hence the lock.

Please feel free to create a new thread on the topic, but stay civil please. I know there are a lot of strong opinions involved, and if you simply cannot accept someone else's opinion, please use the forum's ignore function.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]