Diablo® III

so 1.07 patch notes in a few days.not troling

Community
09/01/2013 12:43Posted by Arbeia
Great so as that hasn't even happened yet, the actual patch release for everyone will be further away. :(

There have been quite a few requests (demands even) recently for more player-testing of content before we release it, and we would like to accommodate that whenever it makes sense to do so. A downside when player-testing is involved is that more time is required before content can be released, but we are of course trying to find a good balance on that so that the wait for new content is not unreasonably long.
Reply Quote
09/01/2013 13:02Posted by Vaneras
Great so as that hasn't even happened yet, the actual patch release for everyone will be further away. :(

There have been quite a few requests (demands even) recently for more player-testing of content before we release it, and we would like to accommodate that whenever it makes sense to do so. A downside when player-testing is involved is that more time is required before content can be released, but we are of course trying to find a good balance on that so that the wait for new content is not unreasonably long.

If that is going to prevent a game from having annoying bugs and change things that will not work as originally intended I'm up for PTR...I just wish You guys gave players more info on what you are working on at least in an advanced stage of progress so You know it will happen for sure.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile

Has it been decided if the PTR is going to take a place?

PTRs are planned indeed :-)

[edit] stupid typos /rage :-(

So Vaneras, it must be a reasonably big patch with some serious tweaks if player testing is going ahead?
Reply Quote

[edit] stupid typos /rage :-(

So Vaneras, it must be a reasonably big patch with some serious tweaks if player testing is going ahead?

Ditto...

Based on the different threads and discussions about PvP, it would be safe to assume that one of the tweaks would be how much damage should be reduced, possible cap on mitigation, on regen and other reductions / caps / tweaks to create some sort of balance.
Reply Quote
They took the amount of time the patch notes are going to be released, and they DOUBLED IT
Reply Quote

Good news, PTR means a decent sized patch with new content, which I'm frankly surprised about, I thought anything new would be slated for the expansion at this rate, considering the total lack of anything from the devs since 1.05.

Bad news however is that during the last PTR there was 0 reaction to player feedback from blizzard except from the QA team and all they did was prove they don't even know understand the underlying game mechanics. (how affixes on items work)
Edited by Kegsta#2588 on 09/01/2013 14:34 GMT
Reply Quote
PTR will start on this week?
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
09/01/2013 14:37Posted by Homer
PTR will start on this week?

Yes, tomorrow. Vaneras said so...

P.S. im lying... <that was a lie too.... not. Am i lying or truth saying, not i but maybe me... said I
Edited by D3MON#2220 on 09/01/2013 14:40 GMT
Reply Quote
i'm starting to hate this game more and more >.>
Edited by Kidult#1231 on 09/01/2013 14:46 GMT
Reply Quote
Putting game on the PTR is like employing hundreds [thousands?] free testers. Blizzard should take advantage of this opportunity much more often.
It only improves the game and clearly shows community they taken seriouslly
Reply Quote
09/01/2013 13:02Posted by Vaneras

While I agree this is the best approach because we need to be more involved since there's been a few mistakes made and even if there wasn't Blizzard only stands to gain from us being involved and creating new ideas / feedback. I am going to say though despite it being the best approach I think you could do with giving some news back to the devs that we hate the radio silence, getting a bit more info earlier on so we know what we're testing and we know what to expect only generates excitement and interest in the ideas. Basically it's great you're letting us get involved but please don't keep us in the dark until the last minute from now on please, it just gives us literally nothing to talk or speculate on during the time we're waiting for patches which would create a lot more positive threads / suggestions.
Reply Quote
Community
09/01/2013 13:46Posted by D3MON

I am unfortunately not yet able to provide any specifics on the content that will be tested, but it does look to be a sizeable patch :-)

Also, the Diablo III PvP Update blog mentions that dueling is currently scheduled to release with patch 1.0.7, so hopefully (if all goes well) you guys should be able to get some testing done on that.

09/01/2013 14:44Posted by Kidult
i'm starting to hate this game more and more >.>

Not a good feeling to have :-(

Please don't forget that it is never wrong to take a break from a game if you are not having a good time playing it... sometimes a break is all it takes for something to become enjoyable again :-)
Reply Quote
09/01/2013 15:18Posted by Vaneras
Please don't forget that it is never wrong to take a break from a game if you are not having a good time playing it... sometimes a break is all it takes for something to become enjoyable again :-)

This is so true, i had that feeling a while back from this game, took a week break and it felt good playing again :)

Can you tell us when the PTR will go live again ?
Reply Quote

Has it been decided if the PTR is going to take a place?

I am still wondering why you do not better utilize PTRs. PTRs purpose is for in-game testing, right? So let us do the testing, jesus..!

Same goes with TDM, you guys made the decision on your own that PVP is not up to expectations, how about you let us make up our own opinion of it rather than just make your own assumptions.

Finally, how about a drawing board where you state what you are currently working on. A bit of transparency would not hurt anyone, would it? damage control?
Edited by sorielle#2566 on 09/01/2013 15:31 GMT
Reply Quote

This is so true, i had that feeling a while back from this game, took a week break and it felt good playing again :)

Can you tell us when the PTR will go live again ?

You know this answer, why ask? SOON!!
Reply Quote
09/01/2013 15:33Posted by sorielle
You know this answer, why ask? SOON!!

Yeah, thought i would ask again just encase they changed their minds (a)
Reply Quote
08/01/2013 12:19Posted by Vaneras
So in another month right?

Hopefully not, but we are not able to give an ETA yet though.

Just to clear things up - https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/288412968469798913
(Diablo
‏We're still busy working on the details, but we're hoping to have it out in the next few days. :)
)
This stands true, right?
Reply Quote
Community
I am still wondering why you do not better utilize PTRs. PTRs purpose is for in-game testing, right? So let us do the testing, jesus..!

Same goes with TDM, you guys made the decision on your own that PVP is not up to expectations, how about you let us make up our own opinion of it rather than just make your own assumptions.

Finally, how about a drawing board where you state what you are currently working on. A bit of transparency would not hurt anyone, would it? damage control?

You raise some good points, and these points have been raised by others as well, and I just want you to know that we are taking note of them. In regards to one about TDM, I believe I made a few comments on this not too long ago in another thread on that topic.

But to answer your question: Yes, the purpose of PTRs is for player-testing, and we will indeed use them for that purpose. (Keep in mind though, developers will not put content up for testing if they do not feel said content lives up to their design goals.)

In regards to transparency, this is a topic that we can agree that we should try to improve on. I honestly doubt that we will ever see something like developer journals or drawing boards as you suggest, mostly because of the heavy iteration process that constantly goes on in the development team, but it would be wrong of me to say that there is no room for improvement :-)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]