Diablo® III

so 1.07 patch notes in a few days.not troling

few days = few weeks
soon = months
in the future = never

so another few weeks XD

+1. Most perfect post ever.
Reply Quote
Soon: Copyright 2004-2013 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon.

Very Soon
Another common term implemented by Blizzard often misleading players into excitement for future content. "Very Soon" is guaranteed to arrive between now and the end of time with a higher chance of arriving on the "now" half of the time table. Although this means closer to now than "soon" there is no guarantee that you will live long enough to see the content finally release.
Now ←-------------- Very Soon -------- Soon ---------------→ End of Time

Soon-ish
On Febuary 19, 2010, Nethaera used the term "Soon-ish" with regards to the next release of information pertaining to Cataclysm. Current speculation believes "Soon-ish" to exist between "Soon" and "End of Time."

Blizzard's Official Definition of Soon:
“Information in this press release that involves Blizzard Entertainment’s expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Blizzard Entertainment generally uses words such as “outlook,” “will,” “could,” “would,” “might,” “remains,” “to be,” “plans,” “believes,” “may,” “expects,” “intends,” “anticipates,” “estimate,” future,” “plan,” “positioned,” “potential,” “project,” “remain,” “scheduled,” “set to,” “subject to,” “upcoming” and similar expressions to help identify forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause Blizzard Entertainment’s actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include, but are not limited to, sales levels of Blizzard Entertainment’s titles, shifts in consumer spending trends, the impact of the current macroeconomic environment, the seasonal and cyclical nature of the interactive game market, Blizzard Entertainment’s ability to predict consumer preferences among competing hardware platforms (including next-generation hardware), declines in software pricing, product returns and price protection, product delays, retail acceptance of Blizzard Entertainment’s products, adoption rate and availability of new hardware and related software, industry competition, rapid changes in technology and industry standards, protection of proprietary rights, litigation against Blizzard Entertainment, maintenance of relationships with key personnel, customers, vendors and third-party developers, domestic and international economic, financial and political conditions and policies, foreign exchange rates, integration of recent acquisitions and the identification of suitable future acquisition opportunities, Activision Blizzard’s success in integrating the operations of Activision Publishing and Vivendi Games in a timely manner, or at all, and the combined company’s ability to realize the anticipated benefits and synergies of the transaction to the extent, or in the timeframe, anticipated, and the other factors identified in Activision Blizzard’s most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Blizzard Entertainment and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Blizzard Entertainment nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Blizzard Entertainment or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.“
Edited by Foensh#1296 on 09/01/2013 20:17 GMT
Reply Quote
to be honest, I know people cant believe they didnt PTR PVP, but if they knew they were shelving it then why waste their own time and ours going through that whole system, then not seeming to listening to us? Now youre thinking yes, but who are they to say PVP wasnt up to scratch without us?

You have to consider that its not just push button = PVP is born, they know how many man hours it will take to set up the PTR, then take all the recommendations, then roll out PVP and deal with the months of tweaking post release that it will require. If they are looking at that on a sheet of paper thats telling them they can do it IF they stop working on this idea and that idea and scrap this idea and put back this development and these mechanics changes for another 3 months and then push the expansion back another 6 months and blah blah blah then it could just be a case that it simply wasnt viable to move ahead with something they knew wasnt working right and in that case not putting it on PTR was the best call, the only call really.

We have 3 whole acts sitting on our computers that are so fundamentally flawed that no one plays them, class issues, skill issues, horrible item issues, mountains of gear that struggles to make sense to anybody in any situation, goodness knows theres enough issues in the mechanics we actually have that need attention before they add even more mechanics that are a complete mess. If thats what theyre sorting out instead then fair play, if.
Reply Quote
Hope there are some solid improvements on the way. :/
Reply Quote
If the main feature in patch 1.0.7 is an option to duel other players then you don't have to hurry with the patch.
Reply Quote
09/01/2013 23:27Posted by Ronald
If the main feature in patch 1.0.7 is an option to duel other players then you don't have to hurry with the patch.

Seriously? the only online game I know that has no PvP is MapleStory. and that's for little childs.

This game is called Diablo, we want blood, we want competition, we want fun, we want purpose, we want to fight humans when we're bored of fighting skeletons, we want to compare ourselves with our friends, we want to settle questions with players that brag, and we wanna be pwned once in awhile too to spice it up.

This is no WoW, there will never be the same amount of content added, and there's only parties of 4 here, so there's not much sociality.

This is by far my favorite game overall, no game has action like Diablo 3, and yet, I want more!!!, bring PvP!

Edit: Oh... can add more icons of the active skills? I use plenty of buffs and I can't see half :/ . And Monk Deadly Reach - Foresight has no icon, so I never know when it's on unless I open inventory to see my damage :o
Edited by Gab#2250 on 10/01/2013 01:30 GMT
Reply Quote
10/01/2013 01:27Posted by Gab
Edit: Oh... can add more icons of the active skills? I use plenty of buffs and I can't see half :/ . And Monk Deadly Reach - Foresight has no icon, so I never know when it's on unless I open inventory to see my damage :o

Same as Bash - Punish.
Reply Quote
09/01/2013 17:58Posted by Grom
Wouldn't it be a blast if they introduced pandas in 1.07?

Pandaland sounds better than Ponyland...

Eh. Anyway, this patch will nerf that and buff that, nothing will change unless you guys are cannoning for something bigger this time. It should be bigger than copy paste arenas for ubers, a new house or random rolled account bound experience rings.

PvP duels are nice but if you kept people at bay for adding a simple "go hostile" button it's not cool or new. If you're only willing to add that please do some cosmetic changes too, so it would feel like a bigger patch.

Don't get me wrong just keeping my hopes a bit low after 1.0.6 patch. I'm tired of being disappointed, but never wronged to this day after all...
Edited by naksiloth#1354 on 10/01/2013 02:37 GMT
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
Vaneras is my favorite CM and cheers to her for interaction and always a civil and breezy tone!
Reply Quote
Community
Ty Vaneras.

Lets hope we get an update by the weeks end and pvp (dueling) and the new interface for battlenet that allows us to create special game for "ear" hunting in this month :D

09/01/2013 19:36Posted by Checkmate
Hi Vaneras, it is good to see you in the forums quite often. Just a quick question is there any big skill change on any classes or any new items etc ? you can give away a little excitement for us can't you ? :)

The PTR patch notes are still being compiled, which is why I cannot offer you any specifics yet, but it should not be long until you will get all the information about the contents of the patch :-)

10/01/2013 08:18Posted by OioxFûl
Vaneras is my favorite CM and cheers to her for interaction and always a civil and breezy tone!

I hate to burst your bubble here, but I am actually a him ;-)
Edited by Vaneras on 10/01/2013 08:32 GMT
Reply Quote
Wait wait wait, patch notes is complited?
Reply Quote

You just annihilated his fantasy :D

10/01/2013 08:36Posted by Homer

The sentence he used "The PTR patch notes are still being compiled"
=> Meaning that it is not finished yet as the process is still on-going
Edited by sorielle#2566 on 10/01/2013 08:53 GMT
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
Posted by OioxFûl

HAHA busted for thinking only girls can be nice :-) I thought I remembered other posts where someone referred to you as a woman. Sorry mate!
Reply Quote
Community

I'm just another dude on the internet so I am not able to live up to anyone's fantasies LOL.

Yup. The notes are not quite finished yet but they are being finalised now, which is why I am going to go all out crazy now and use the words "quite soon" :-O
Reply Quote

Yup. The notes are not quite finished yet but they are being finalised now, which is why I am going to go all out crazy now and use the words "quite soon" :-O

OH MY GOD! Careful, with your words Vaneras you could get into trouble! :D

PS: "quite soon" I cried laughing :D
Edited by sorielle#2566 on 10/01/2013 09:06 GMT
Reply Quote

I'm just another dude on the internet so I am not able to live up to anyone's fantasies LOL.

cool
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
Haha, some of the posts in this thread ^^

To the dude who thought Vaneras was a female.... LOLssss.... And I hear Lylirra on the us forums is pretty hot...

Vaneras - confirmation Lylirra is hot please :D

Back on topic - I'm looking forward to these patch notes today
Reply Quote
Yay ! but ohh :(

When it drops im only going to be able to read the patch notes and not be able to play until later this evening as i am at work :( bad times... haha
Reply Quote
10/01/2013 09:02Posted by Vaneras
"quite soon"

son, on this week or not?
Reply Quote
10/01/2013 09:28Posted by Homer
son, on this week or not?

by the sounds of it .... today
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]