Diablo® III

Archangel and Deathangel classes for diablo 3

i would love this, to play as angel or demon and you eventually become one of the two classes i mentioned above! ( they should be hero classes)
The Archangel will have for example Holy power as resource and Deathangel demonic power
etc. and have badass skills and spells

What do you think about it?
Reply Quote
i would love this, to play as angel or demon and you eventually become one of the two classes i mentioned above! ( they should be hero classes)
The Archangel will have for example Holy power as resource and Deathangel demonic power

Wouldn't fit with the game. Diablo has always been about the struggles of humanity who are desperately caught between the forces of hell and heaven, struggling to survive.
Reply Quote
but what if an angel wants to become human like tyrael wanted and he still has some angelic powers
Reply Quote
OMG and demon will have demonic wings and and be able to fly and have cool fire spells like firelazor and demon breath.
Reply Quote

I like it =) I have posted something like this as well myself some time ago and I agree with you =)
Reply Quote
No no no no, it has to be a nephalem to fit the story.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Won't work. Demon players and demon hunter players would have to constantly kill each other while in a party. :( Friendly fire is annoying.
Reply Quote
Community
Archangel and Deathangel classes wouldn't really fit with the lore, simply because they are not Nephalem. The Nephalem are the offspring of angels and demons, and within them is the combined essence(or spirit if you will) of both angels and demons, which is what is giving the Nephalem the potential to be even greater than both.

03/01/2013 09:38Posted by Arghonan
but what if an angel wants to become human like tyrael wanted and he still has some angelic powers

An angel may become human as was learned when Tyrael renounced his immortality and was cast from the high heavens, but even if angelic powers are retained after an angel become human, this will still not be enough as those powers are still "only" angelic.
Edited by Vaneras on 06/02/2013 12:32 GMT
Reply Quote
How about power rangers? They are human with "superpowers".
Reply Quote
How about my Mom and Dad? They're my heroes! They worked hard all their lives to raise three boys, and while we never really had anything new, we had love and acceptance and a safe, warm, clean home. That's not so easy to do!
Reply Quote
What about Paladin?
Reply Quote

An angel may become human as was learned when Tyrael renounced his immortality and was cast from the high heavens, but even if angelic powers are retained after an angel become human, this will still not be enough as those powers are still "only" angelic.

Actually, an Angel becoming human goes against the established lore of Diablo. You guys used that as a cheap excuse to make Tyrael human. How can he become human when he removes his wings (he IS his wings btw, angels are just sound and light in Diablo). Humans were created by the union of Angels AND Demons. Humans are half half.

So when Tyrael removes his wings (which is part of the rest of his formless self) he magically becomes half Demon too??

This is part of the reason why the story in Diablo 3 is so shallow and forgettable. You guys don't even respect your own lore.
Reply Quote
How about simply a Nephalem with an unusually strong connection to his/her angelic side?
Reply Quote
Archangel and Deathangel classes wouldn't really fit with the lore.

You mean like how an angel becoming human doesnt fit with the lore? Oh wait...
Reply Quote
06/02/2013 15:14Posted by Raskolnikov
How about my Mom and Dad? They're my heroes! They worked hard all their lives to raise three boys, and while we never really had anything new, we had love and acceptance and a safe, warm, clean home. That's not so easy to do!

Funniest thing I've read in a while.

Makes sense actually, since being a parent is comparable to killing hellspawn, but instead of slaying them, they take it to the next level by trying to raise the hellspawn.
Edited by Limbo#2163 on 28/02/2013 13:49 GMT
Reply Quote

As already said in all the Diablo games you were playing as a human and later as a human unlocking their Nephalem powers.

The point of the games was fighting from humanities perspective.

However the next best thing to seeing Angel gameplay and skills, is most probably some Angel battle allies for missions.

That would be cool enough for me.

07/02/2013 09:05Posted by Matamän
How about simply a Nephalem with an unusually strong connection to his/her angelic side?

That was basically the Paladin who used Divine / Holy spells / skills.
Reply Quote
View profile

But what is "Human" ?

Nephalem?

wouldn't that mean he would become stronger than before?
Edited by Iwantacookie#2928 on 21/03/2013 22:18 GMT
Reply Quote
The whole Nephalem deal is stupid enough as it is. It's just a clicheish way to reason why our characters are so strong as they are.

"Hmm we need to explain why the players are more awesome than the NPCs in the game. I know! We say they have angel/demon blood!"

I didn't see any hidden superpowers in the characters in Diablo and Diablo 2. They were mere brave humans who took on the forces of hell. And you know what? It worked perfectly well. They didn't need any excuses to justify their actions.

Actually it was cool and mystifying that we didn't knew our own characters. We were NOT the main actor but merely a auditor who interactively watched the story unfold. The way the story is told in Diablo 3 where we indeed play the role as the protagonist, is bound to be filled with cliches. It feels like a cheap superhero movie more than anything else. We have seen it before, it's shallow, it's forgotten.

Adding Archangel/Archdemon classes only furthers the tardiness that is the Diablo 3 story.

On a sidenote. I sincerely hope the rumours about new races is a mean lie. This is Diablo lore NOT Warcraft.
Edited by Solution9#2785 on 28/03/2013 04:18 GMT
Reply Quote
as far as I remember it's never stated that Tyrael became Human, only that he became Mortal..
Reply Quote

Actually, an Angel becoming human goes against the established lore of Diablo. You guys used that as a cheap excuse to make Tyrael human. How can he become human when he removes his wings (he IS his wings btw, angels are just sound and light in Diablo). Humans were created by the union of Angels AND Demons. Humans are half half.

So when Tyrael removes his wings (which is part of the rest of his formless self) he magically becomes half Demon too??

This is part of the reason why the story in Diablo 3 is so shallow and forgettable. You guys don't even respect your own lore.

You dont get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0yQg8kHVcI

The answer is so obvious.

That aside it appears he is a mortal humanoid but NOT Nephalem (Unlike the main characters and everyone else). It also shows there's more than one way for mortal humanoids to be created from supernatural creatures.
Edited by Mijuu#1695 on 31/05/2013 11:11 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]