Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
i have a 55 paragon level wizz on SC, i pretty much know all the good legendaries, but on hc I must resist more attacks.
Anyway my char died on hell act 2 :P I'll start again soon and i'll see what i can do.
but i would really appreciate if someone would tell me a good gear for hc monk
lol, as if D3 would be science.
Lol, obviously you don't play HC.
SC has come to a point where dps is all that matters. HC, on the other hand, is about balance. You have to have a strong defense, and still be able to kill fast enough. So stats like Life Regen is important, LoH (yes, LoH, and not LS, since your dps wont be high enough, to make LS benefit). All res of course. You can clear inferno with just over 10k dos, 750 AR, above 5k armor, close to 1k LoH, and as much life regen as possible.
And oh yea, you don't dual wield on HC! You need a strong shield for block and defense.
In other words, IMO, HC is actually the way d3 was meant to be played, where you have to balance your gear a lot more.
You can check my p lvl 10 monk for inspiration if you want. It's my first HC char (and first monk), and I haven't enjoyed d3 like this before!
Good luck with your HC journey!
It's a bit different from SC indeed.
I have a few general suggestions, hope they help:
- Shield all the way :) Until the rest of your gear can compensate, it's invaluable. Stormshield is a very good option, unless your build is complemented by some other stats. For example, I try to reach 2k passive life regen, and I look for over 300 regen on a shield. (although I might get a Stormshield soon, the defence is awesome! I'd probably pass dexterity over high Vit, All Res and stuff like that since the overall theme of the shield is defensive anway)
- powerflex gave good numbers, with that kind of defence you should be safe.
- in case you play with LoH, attack speed should be more important than crit; it's good if you can afford it, but an item with good defensive stats and crit or crit damage on top of that is quite expensive.
- You'll feel the difference when trying to keep a healthy HP pool; 40k hp is kinda suicidal, 50-60k hp takes you in the safe zone, and over 60k for a monk is generally the point you stop worrying about health. While getting there and also trying to keep AR and armor up, you'll see offensive stats become hard to get indeed. And under 20k dps makes the fights quite harder, since you have to endure much more orbs and desecrates until the mobs go down. (that's why I think in the beginning attacks speed should be better than crit & crit damage - you only look for one stat instead of two, and it also helps with LoH).
- As another way to keep the gear price from going through the roof, I'd try to pick a couple of things to excel at in offence and defence. For ex: [high AR and high LoH] or [high AR and high passive regen] for defence, in which case you don't worry about armor that much and can make a few compromises there. High attack speed and dex for offence, case in which you can forget about crit on a few items.
The stats pick is yours, but the overall result should be a resilient character without trying to get every stat up to a high number.
My ideas are oriented towards pricing mostly, but not only - there's another thing with HC: when you browse the AH for a legendary or a set piece, you usually get 2 pages, maximum 3. It's not the 50 pages you get in SC, and not every item from those 2 pages is good. With a limited number of choices - very limited - you have to make due with what's available, not with what looks like the best solution on paper.
All the best! :)
I have a 59.6 HC monk... nearly there... in Act 3 Hell- will be 60 BF Azmo.
This is my 3rd attempt - lost one at 57 and one at 30 something- both times from rushing- too much MP (lol) and boredom... important to be careful from Act 2 Hell I think... a breeze until then... especially second time as u should be able to afford a Cain's set at 22 for extra XP
For best buys take time to look at AH a lot for reasonably priced shields and socketed and/or life on hit weapons... U can snipe a weapon that usually sells for 500k for 150k if u take time to look... like with regular play ppl with heaps of gold sell crap at low prices to get fast sales.... bank on this... I usually get weapons ahead of time....
Having died 2x I took the Cain's set off at about 45 (then ilvl60 reduced level items r available) - In case I die and lose them (again lol) - for next took- unless u need gold....
The passive "at one with everything" a must - I accidentally stacked poison resist and it puts resists thru the roof... a lucky build that I now plan on.... ppl sell items with one resist stack as junk all the time... this is an affordable option for the monk.... dooo eeeet
Key- know the game, the char and the AH- and work it... don't be afraid to run...
OHHH AND - always keep your spirit 1/2 to full....once u get to Hell.... :)
Hardcore is actually pretty easy just get some vitality and all resist. The only bad thing about playing hardcore is getting disconnected and its an instant death. Also spike lags and rubberbanding is really bad. Other than that hardcore is more fun to play than softcore. I always play with my friends safer than running public games.
RIP Trolololol... It seems that you died the day you posted this thread. Can you link your skills and tell us how he died?
hey there! i read all the discussion and i have to say i disagree with a couple of things said above :-)
always LS! always. LS on 25k dps still works. but... you need to use a strong skill with a lot of % weapon damage. you'll never heal with just thunderclaping and tempest rushing. and yes, some crit.
no need for a shield, never used one. my last 2 characters left may use it, but monk is a dexterinty character that can reach good defense very easily. dual wield for more dps and for dual LS.
i always used it just for like 10-15 levels. middle and late nightmare is when u have to start to be careful and safety comes first.
don't follow this :-) he was risking too much :-) level 60 before battlefields and fields of misery! really. some people say that it's good to be 60 to hell belial, but he can be passed. hell fields of misery at level 57 is a suicide.
okay, so i should give a couple of tips myself as well and to to troll only :-) well, getting cheap yellows will be your worst enemy, as most people are salvaging them for crafting materials. but they can be found. stats u need are :
dual life steal
10k+ health globe bonus, 20k better.
cheap legendaries to aim for are :
- lacuni prowlers
- inna's head
- firewalkers are very good choice.
- strongarm bracers
- crystal fist
try exalted soul with bells. keep you mana pool full, and when u meet some elites, if u dump your whole spirit on them, they're usually insta dead. no elites = no worries.
and be happy that you're a monk. i finished inferno with a demon hunter too, and act IV inferno was like "oh god no! not this guys! and wtf is that? no, please, stop hitting me!" you know :-)
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.