Diablo® III

Whats your 2013 wish for D3?

I wish for a new money sinkhole related to crafting!

For example a "leveling" system for blacksmithing which increases the quality of crafted items. Similar to paragon levels :)) The leveling could be based on turn-ins of items like "Fiery Brimstone". That would also increase the price of useless epiqs in AH.
Reply Quote
A lot more things to do that are interesting but yield the same or better rewards than what we have now... Repeating act 3. Ubers aren't worth the time and honestly, even the thought of doing them annoys and bores me. There is basically no reason to doing it more than enough to get a decent one.
Reply Quote
LADDER and only that ( as first priority )
Reply Quote
offline patch
Reply Quote
offline patch, and add back all missing pices in to the game.
Reply Quote
hopefully beta will end this year
Reply Quote
hope they throw it in the garbage and start planning a true sequel
Reply Quote
I wish for a new money sinkhole related to crafting!

For example a "leveling" system for blacksmithing which increases the quality of crafted items. Similar to paragon levels :)) The leveling could be based on turn-ins of items like "Fiery Brimstone". That would also increase the price of useless epiqs in AH.

something similar. I was thinking a system where you could reroll a single affix on a given piece of gear at the cost of maybe 300k gold and 30 brimstones + 50 tears, the catch being that this makes the item account bound like the Hellfire. So rerolling once takes the item out of play and 30 legendaries with it, and the chance of getting a good stat are fairly low.

Expanding on the idea, item combining for a far higher cost in gold and brimstone, same as the reroll but instead it takes a random affix from a second item you include in the crafting and replaces it, destroying the original, say 45 to 50 legendaries worth of mats and binding the final product to prevent the AH being flooded with top rerolls/combinations. You could only merge with an item that fits in the same slot, so something like a compass rose, rather than being useless, is now a 1 in 6 chance to get 12% movement speed on your fav ring, providing you find another 45 junk legs to cover the crafting. It would change whats worth something, a 4 affix item with 2 really good rolls is now a valuable piece, even a single high stat like 10%cc on an amulet has value, people will be destroying them by the dozen trying to get that stat over to their best tal rasha. Items with unusual stats like lacunis, rose, mempo, andys etc will always have some value and will be being destroyed at ferocious rates.

Similar process can be used for this illusion dye people want, in order to make a vile ward look like a lvl63 shoulder or whatever, the smith for a price in brimstone and gold can make any bit of armour look like a piece he know show to craft, every time you salvage a legendary it adds that item to the list of potential model changes.

Its all designed to remove items from circulation, give even brimstone legendary drops some value and increase the type of items that we look for by making a single good stat on a rubbish item some potentially worth something, add variety to the items in use, did you add AS to your Triumph or did you add crit to your Mempo? How many legendaries did you salvage to do it? 100? 300? The ability for your blacksmith to do these things would be added at stages in the paragon system.
Reply Quote
Community
Good thread this :-)

Let's hear it folks, post your 2013 wishes for Diablo III.
Reply Quote
Good thread this :-)

Let's hear it folks, post your 2013 wishes for Diablo III.

Some content, bug fixes.

Sentry/companion fix is really easy, yet still can't use both due to reflect damage gwasing every DH out there

Edit:

And the fact we've got to wait 4 months for a fix.
Edited by Chris#22662 on 02/01/2013 10:16 GMT
Reply Quote
I want alot more content in forms of a far more complicated questline, open free-roaming maps, new creatures, new affixes, spellwords, charms, alot better random map generator and some surprises aswell. I think you guys got alot of things you easily can improve this game with in an expansion.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
1. Crafting definately needs attention. Noone uses it. But maybe crfated items should be account bound? Messing with crafting messes with AH and that is already being flooded from botters and increased droprates, so quite ok meidum level items dont sell anymore.

The problem with crafting is that its the opposite of AH: RANDOM. All players have very specific needs for each item slot and that way the AH makes it easy for us to upgrade. I can specify what my bracers need and see if any match and what the price is. Crafting is rolling 6 affixes completely random and hoping they magically align in the order that you need them to. That is like going out and killing 1 mob and expecting an upgrade to drop!
So crafting needs to be AT LEAST like Hellfire rings where you can determine one stat. that way it is quaranteed to be useful on the first roll and only 5 ways to screw up the item crafted :-P

2. An expansion with cool environ like act 1's environ. Someone suggested Westmarch transylvanian style :-) Kingsport is also an option, but cities are not easy to do Diablo style.

3. A 6th hero to bring ppl back to the game and to make old players do the levelling ("once more into the breach, my dear friends")! Something with str+shield utility, but really that would have been better back when inferno was hard and monster damage unbelievable!...

4. More events like the Infernal Machine. I know you guys deliberately programmed us away from boss battles from the start. But we do like contending with known foes. The elites are not "cool" to hunt/compete with because they are so numerous and so random. You cant say Ussimoth the Driveling Husk gave me this drop last night! Coz who is Ussimoth bla bla? Noone else meets him. The ubers are what we want (most ppl I guess). They represent a sort of challenge that you spec and gear for and try to do perfectly (no deaths) and hope for rewards (organs, not the normal loot, coz I never picked up something worthwhile from a boss battle).

5. More waypoints? - the list will get long like in act1, I know, but places with no WP dont get played. We dont do whole acts from a to z - we do Alkaizer-like routes where we port in and out, to and fro.

EDIT: 6. Random maps! :-) D1 felt 100% random. D2 felt 50%. And D3 feels 15%. this is not a good route.

And, Vaneras, you are the master of keeping your cool! Before me some 3-5 guys just trashed the game/effort and you say "Good thread this :-)". I think its very cool of you.
Edited by OioxFûl#2919 on 02/01/2013 10:32 GMT
Reply Quote
A good ladder system to keep economy fresh
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
I WISH for a skill tree system where we can make perminant builds.

Take the system we have now and expand upon it allowing us to add perminant skill points into certain skills to make them stronger and also include synergy bonuses to allow some skills to work better when used together.

These can come from paragon levels and be very minor, but allows us to make BUILDS and experiment with different setups, perhaps even make more then ONE only of each character.

Perhaps perma skills can be reset when sacrificing 10 hellfire rings...

This sort of thing will allow Diablo 3 to become more then just a game you play for a year. It will expand the game more then adding another act or 2 could even do.

in addition you really need to add more legendary items that work in compatibility with skills, so these new BUILDS we can create will be stronger with certain items, not just your standard BiS item that any and every build uses.

My wishes for early 2013 :)
Reply Quote
1. More reasons to destroy items, spent gold - improve crafting please.

2. Arena PVE mode, fighting with hordes of monsters (increasing in difficulty) solo or in teams, with replesend chests and random goblin spawns.

3. Rune-skill system like it was implemented before release, BUT based on todays system.
What i mean : lvl 1 runes are auto unlocked like today and 50% weaker than today.
lvl 2-5 runes (crimson, indygo etc) are boosting skill.
Fun? fun!
Edited by Avenlord#2162 on 02/01/2013 10:46 GMT
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
My wishes for early 2013 :)

Funny :-D

These can come from paragon levels and be very minor, but allows us to make BUILDS and experiment with different setups, perhaps even make more then ONE only of each character.

But how to implement something like this on all existing chars worldwide? Paras were easy - just a tophat on the existing 60 levels. At that moment they could have added 1 para point per level to put into each skill group each giving +1% dmg to those skills or something like that. It is a ½ solution making you specialize in skill areas, but not implement a complete skill tree system.
Reply Quote
The existing crafting system is a really, really bad joke and frustrating like !@#$, especially when looking at other games (GW2 for the discovering new items via mats collected or Path of Exile for an simply overall awesome crafting system)
I'm really fine with Dueling coming in 1.0.7 until the dev team has created a really good and awesome PvP-System (always thought only 2vs2 arenas could be pretty boring), but Crafting and Social Features are the two most needed additions to the game along with better balancing and new content (not necessarily new content but making exisiting dungeons bigger would already satisfy me for a while). Now with Paragon-Levels, Dueling and so on a ladder system would be pretty nice, too. Just implement Diabloprogress ingame and i'm fine with it ;).

So, my wishlist for 1.0.7 and other future updates:

- Reworked Crafting System
    - Social Features like custom games, game brwoser, chat lobby
    - Dueling. Maybe with rewards (new mats for the a reworked crafting system?)
    - Make Gems more useful, for example more Life on Hit with a Rubin in weapon
    - Maybe adding some new legendaries, sets of affixes to give some fresh air to farming. I know it is some work to do but it will give players more motivation to farming when they know there can be new items to be found with every new patch ;).
    - Oh, and make existing, useless legendaries better: think about the always useless Frostburn, Gladiator, Ivory... ? IMHO a legendary item shouldn't be totally useless. Make some of these items avaiable for lower Chars. Gladiator Gauntlets could be useful for a lvl30 Char....
    - Ability to buy Xx100 Potions or able to craft Xx10 or as much items as i have mats for. So frustrating i have to single craft everything.
    - Existing dungeons made bigger. Look at all the living room sized dungeons in Act4 without anything to discover or any rewards (and we are in heaven! i would rather go to hell than live forever in a %^-*ty boring heaven like this)
    - Rune Point System: each Paragon-Level grants you 1 Runepoint. You can invest this point in one rune you want to use and it will be buffed. So useless Runes can get useful when adding some Paragon-Points to it and Characters >lvl60 can individualize their char. The Points cannot be changed.
    - World Editor: when custom games are avaible it would be nice if the community could create their own maps to play. I had so much fun with community-created games and maps back in WC3...
Reply Quote
Can we expect 97b build this year?:)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]