Diablo® III

1.0.7 Request - Allow Invisible Dye of Legendaries

God yes please, at least invisible dye and I will be SO happy. My monk DOES NOT need armor - even you said it in the presentation of monks!
Reply Quote
I strongly agree and would be much happier if I could just remove the visibility of some legendary items that look totally weird in a certain combination, not necessary for me to change their colors.
Reply Quote
16/01/2013 01:03Posted by stranger
I strongly agree

+1

This could be implemented in this patch, vanish dye for legendaries
Reply Quote
Community
13/01/2013 17:38Posted by Consider
This is something that Blizzard is already working on.

Indeed it is :-)

We are trying to get Vanishing Dyes for Legendary items ready for patch 1.0.7. In fact, this may be added to an upcoming PTR build if all goes well, so keep an eye out for that.
Reply Quote
21/01/2013 12:16Posted by Vaneras

We are trying to get Vanishing Dyes for Legendary items ready for patch 1.0.7. In fact, this may be added to an upcoming PTR build if all goes well, so keep an eye out for that.

Hurray :)
Reply Quote
What are the possibility of Transmog to be possible in the future?
Reply Quote
wow. vanishing dyes on legandaries? after, ... hmm after 8month. That is quite a proof of bad game design if you are not able to implement the possibility of disabling a texture.
Reply Quote
EDIT
Edited by Nemesis13th#2632 on 21/01/2013 12:47 GMT
Reply Quote
Community
21/01/2013 12:33Posted by Peilo
wow. vanishing dyes on legandaries? after, ... hmm after 8month. That is quite a proof of bad game design if you are not able to implement the possibility of disabling a texture.

As with most things related to game development, it is always much faster to talk about changes than it is to implement them.

The Vanishing dye for legendaries has been the most frequently requested dye for legendaries by far, and this is maybe why people tend to overlook that we actually also need to make the other dyes work as well. It is not simply a matter of just disabling textures, in fact all the textures on all legendaries will have to be redone so that dyes will work on them... this is a massive and rather time consuming task as you can maybe imagine.
Reply Quote
21/01/2013 12:57Posted by Vaneras

As with most things related to game development, it is always much faster to talk about changes than it is to implement them.

The Vanishing dye for legendaries has been the most frequently requested dye for legendaries by far, and this is maybe why people tend to overlook that we actually also need to make the other dyes work as well. It is not simply a matter of just disabling textures, in fact all the textures on all legendaries will have to be redone so that dyes will work on them... this is a massive and rather time consuming task as you can maybe imagine.

Will there be available a gender change?
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
Posted by Consider

A nice cake on a Monday! TY I am sure ppl will love this. Looking forward to see Inna's pants-wearing female barbarians using vanshing dye :-) haha
Reply Quote
21/01/2013 12:30Posted by DAngel7
What are the possibility of Transmog to be possible in the future?

My guess would be.. 0% chance.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
21/01/2013 13:04Posted by DejaVenu
Will there be available a gender change?

Yeah, then I can be a female barb wearing Inna's pants using vanshing dye! FTW
Reply Quote
21/01/2013 12:16Posted by Vaneras

You the boss.
Reply Quote

Nice and all those dyes, but im more hoping for monster density increase. You can even make it work with monster lvl the higher you play the more monsters there will be. So my question is. Is there a chance you guys go and change the density?
Edited by Paladin#2285 on 21/01/2013 13:17 GMT
Reply Quote
21/01/2013 12:57Posted by Vaneras
in fact all the textures on all legendaries will have to be redone so that dyes will work on them... this is a massive and rather time consuming task as you can maybe imagine.

Thanks for this feedback. I think it's not hard to imagine that this new feature was overlooked in the inital game design and that an implemenation off this feature will have huge consequences for all the legendary items.

What surprises me is that so many players see this as an important new feature.
Edited by Org#1661 on 21/01/2013 13:25 GMT
Reply Quote
But the question is who decided to handle legandary's textures in a different way to rare textures? Thats the part I called "bad design".

EDIT: You could actually call it a strategic decision to save up some resources/time/money to launch a game earlier.
Edited by Peilo#1734 on 21/01/2013 13:53 GMT
Reply Quote
wait. Let them change colours too man Vaneras, ffs i don't want a half naked barb to compensate the baby blue pants and boots i wear to vanquish diablo
Reply Quote
So what players want to achieve by vanishing legendaries? Do they like how they look or what they worth?

I guess everyone want to have a hero with well looking appearance so to have a better result in this domain i propose to introduce a function which will give possibility to change items appearance by using the visual of another item (same slot).
Reply Quote
So what players want to achieve by vanishing legendaries? Do they like how they look or what they worth?

I guess everyone want to have a hero with well looking appearance so to have a better result in this domain i propose to introduce a function which will give possibility to change items appearance by using the visual of another item (same slot).

most barbs look the same atm, with tiny varience, it was like it back in d2 where you'd see everyone wearing either Breastplates or archon plates along the bottom which was cute.

having that function like transmorg found in WoW would be absolutely awesome!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]