Diablo® III

may i ask a few questions

"And just for the record, nowhere are we acting or pretending Diablo III is the perfect game"

In the interview with gamespot, you (jay wilson himself) described it as perfectly executed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrli-by8oOU

why is this?
is this how easily activision-blizzard changes their mind?

also why do peoples posts get deleted, are we in some sort of dictatorship environment here? not constructive you may say, but was jay wilsons facebook post constructive?
Reply Quote
Im just gonna answer the: why do people's posts get deleted part.
Such threads concerning Jay have been made many times and some of them are sometimes offensive to jay that is why they are deleted i believe.

As for Dictatorship enviroment... lol It is surely not, but that does not mean someone can write anything he wants (i mean naughty, offensive bad language etc) and then expose it to public.

And also for your main question.. sorry but im just bored discussing about Jay all the time about the same thing. We gotta let go sometime.
Edited by Drastic#2161 on 08/01/2013 12:47 GMT
Reply Quote
08/01/2013 12:42Posted by Drastic
Such threads concerning Jay have been made many times and some of them are sometimes offensive to jay that is why they are deleted i believe.

there was a facebook quote if i remember correctly... this is like an alcoholic parent telling his children not to drink
Reply Quote
08/01/2013 12:48Posted by LORDBATMAN

there was a facebook quote if i remember correctly... this is like an alcoholic parent telling his children not to drink

Which, if I'm not mistaken was deleted in the same way that offensive posts in this forum are. Your point?
Reply Quote
it got deleted, we get bans
Reply Quote
You can always make your own forum.
Then you get to decide the rules.
Reply Quote
You can always make your own forum.
Then you get to decide the rules.

^This
And Blizz makes the rules here concering post deleting.
Edited by Drastic#2161 on 08/01/2013 14:01 GMT
Reply Quote
To delete a post is really arbitrary and sometimes I find it abusive.

I got banned recently and to be honest my post was not offensive, it was plain and simple sarcastic and I was honestly relating the truth. I can only say that sometimes the truth is hard to swallow.. BUT banning someone from telling the truth is just plain wrong and yes it is abusive.
Reply Quote
Community
"And just for the record, nowhere are we acting or pretending Diablo III is the perfect game"

In the interview with gamespot, you (jay wilson himself) described it as perfectly executed

why is this?

First of all, I think you may have misunderstood what Jay is talking about, because you are kind of taking things out of context here :-)

The part of the interview you refer to, the part where Jay uses the words "perfectly executed", there he is talking about the Blizzard design philosophy and how we weigh the importance of innovation compared to the importance of perfect execution. If you watch the interview again, and pay special attention from 2:29 - 3:37, you will find him saying the following:

The criticism that we are not innovating, innovation is usually the word, I don't know of a Blizzard game that did not get that criticism. StarCraft II got it, Diablo II got it, when it came out people railed against it as being non-innovative and ugly. I remember that was a really... World of Warcraft... almost everyone of our games people say they're not innovative, and I feel the reason why is because they're looking for innovation to be in a big uppercut-punch-super feature. They're looking for some thing, one thing, that says to them, this is the next greatest thing ever. And, you know, we just think that that's the way to make games, like We think innovation comes in perfect execution. Like, we have a saying around the office; would you... if you had a choice between playing a perfectly innovative game, or a perfectly executed game, which would you do? And the answer for us is always perfectly executed, because an innovative game that is poorly executed is not a good game. But a game that is executed very, very well is always a great game.

Perfect execution is our goal when making games, and that is what he is trying to say with this.

Second of all; this interview was made and published before Diablo III released, so at that point we were not aware of the various issues and concerns that the players would come to have after the game was released. At that point in time, we were feeling confident that the quality of Diablo III was in a good spot and that players would get a solid experience, but nowhere did we claim that it would be the perfect game, and nowhere to this day have we acted or pretended that it is the perfect game.

Since the launch of Diablo III we have acknowledged that we underestimated the speed of which players consumed the game, and although there are still lots of players in the game, and lots of players who have yet to complete it, Diablo III still needs more things to keep people engaged and having fun.

08/01/2013 12:31Posted by LORDBATMAN
also why do peoples posts get deleted, are we in some sort of dictatorship environment here?

Either you are resorting to hyperbole, or I do not think that dictatorship means what you think it means. We have rules and policies that we expect people to follow when making use of our services and playing our games, but does that make us dictators? I do not think so, but alas, I digress.

We delete posts that goes against the forum rules, and we lock threads that we feel do not make any valid contributions to our forums (typically we post an explanation why we locked a thread if it is not really obvious why we did it). We insist that people must be constructive when posting on our forums, but unfortunately not everyone knows what that means. For an example; posts full of personal attacks against Blizzard Employees are not constructive, posts full of rants, hyperbole, and sweeping statements are not constructive, posts designed as part of some campaign or idea to flood the forums with posts to cause unrest are not constructive - and that is why we lock or remove such posts... hopefully you get the gist of what I am trying to say here ;-)

As described in the very beginning of the forum guidelines, "this forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of Diablo III with your fellow players." Does this mean that you are not allowed to voice your concerns and post negative feedback? No! In fact you are more than welcome to do so, but be constructive when you do so!

If you want to provide feedback but you do not know what we mean when we ask you to be constructive, then you may first want to spend some time reading the forum guidelines as well as the battle.net code of conduct to at least find out how not to post. If you already know how not to post, but still do not know what it means to be constructive, then perhaps this wiki page on constructive criticism may be of help to you.

not constructive you may say, but was jay wilsons facebook post constructive?

No, that was not constructive, and Jay is very much aware of that as you can maybe gather from his apology. Jay is only human, and just like everyone else he is prone to make mistakes. Jay made a mistake with his unfortunate outburst, and he apologised for it. You may not accept his apology for various reasons, and maybe you are not the type of person that easily forgive people for their mistakes, and that is okay too, but that does not make it acceptable to not be constructive when posting feedback and concerns on our forums.

I hope this makes sense to you, but if it does not, or if all you are really interested in doing is to find other players to high-five on how much you do not like Diablo III, then perhaps it is best to find somewhere else on Internet to do this... perhaps facebook ;-)
Edited by Vaneras on 08/01/2013 14:51 GMT
Reply Quote
I was following diablo 3 for years prior to its release.

I watched every single interview/video/blizzcon panels when it comes to Diablo 3.

Jay Wilson promised 100 things , accused Diablo 2 as a bad design game in several occasions ( like stats allocation to stamina only for example ) and he delivered an epic fail.

If we add his damage control over a mannered criticism from one of Diablo fathers , the super decline that happened in less than 2 months and the super negativity all around the internet for 7 months now...

I dont think he is in a position that can praise his game any more or take his time fixing things in this kind of slow pace.... Let alone swear others over manner criticism or feel proud about record sales ( when we all know that happened because of D2 success more or less )

SKILL DIVERSITY ( he promised that also... and D3 has way worse diversity than D2 ) - EXPAND ITEMIZATION ( for example who said ok for these ridiculous bad legendaries stats on release? I mean those mistakes werent something minor... ) and a LADDER is what will save this game....

And instead Jays is talking about CC , Duels and why not PVP , swearing people on Facebook , praising his game on his twitter , not responding with people and community as he used to prior or release and many more.... Anyways those changes this guy have in mind WONT bring back people let alone keep current gamers happy for too long. ( people playing way less than what they used to )

He is failing , again and again and again... It amazes me the fact that he cant understand what is best for this game when he claimed he was a Diablo 2 fan. I dont know what this guy thinking but considering how bad was the Diablo 3 state and how bad the current situation is , only 7 months after release.... HE FAILED... we like it or not.
Edited by Azatis#2345 on 08/01/2013 15:13 GMT
Reply Quote
high five vaneras (and guy above this post)
Edited by LORDBATMAN#2926 on 08/01/2013 15:11 GMT
Reply Quote

Wanna know what's funny about this video ? The comments below :)
Reply Quote

I see you here so often..to often...complaining....

think about quitting ?

Nothing is perfect...that is true...please stop complaining about the game....
Reply Quote
Ah shut up!
Reply Quote
08/01/2013 15:17Posted by flingin
please stop complaining about the game....

why?
Reply Quote
3:20

""" A game that executed very very well is always a great game """

5: 15

""" Im very confident with the choices ive been made with the game . Very confident that
quality is Blizzard quality and its a game that people wanna play. For us that matters most """

Arent those statements LOL-LMAO and ROFL at the same time?
Reply Quote

I see you here so often..to often...complaining....

think about quitting ?

Nothing is perfect...that is true...please stop complaining about the game....

What are you doin in such posts then? If you have nothing to actually say about OPs claims/argument or whatever ... just leave , dont post at all , make your own thread about how great is diablo 3 or .... go play !! Why are you even here i dont get it.
Reply Quote
What I find abusive more than anything is what has been promised and not yet delivered. In a constructive way, it is time you guys take your responsibilities and acknowledge better what the issues are and how you are trying to address them.

In a perfect world why don't address this in a locked thread? At least players would stop once and for all to repeat 100 billion times the same things and it would save me from becoming insane :D

Itemization - we dont care we like it the way it is
Reflect damage - we are considering these options... bla bla bla
... and so on and so forth

The only down side would be that some people, and probably me including, would quit the game or get enraged. I guess you guys are doing damage control. However, this is real good transparency!

After all, if it is your politic to follow the rules you have given yourself it is up to you and i cant do anything about it.

As for a professional stand point, I have a high position within one of the biggest company in the world and pardon me if this sounds wrong but I would never mislead my customers the way you do. I take responsibility and try to provide excellent customer service under all aspects and that includes what is written on the box when the product is released.
Edited by sorielle#2566 on 08/01/2013 15:32 GMT
Reply Quote
08/01/2013 15:25Posted by Azatis
Arent those statements LOL-LMAO and ROFL at the same time?

He speaks like a politician from a praty that won the elections promising no tax, no unemployment, full med service for everyone etc and now states that the party did all it promised although everybody knows it didn't :P
Reply Quote

why is this?

First of all, I think you may have misunderstood what Jay is talking about, because you are kind of taking things out of context here :-)

The part of the interview you refer to, the part where Jay uses the words "perfectly executed", there he is talking about the Blizzard design philosophy and how we weigh the importance of innovation compared to the importance of perfect execution. If you watch the interview again, and pay special attention from 2:29 - 3:37, you will find him saying the following:

The criticism that we are not innovating, innovation is usually the word, I don't know of a Blizzard game that did not get that criticism. StarCraft II got it, Diablo II got it, when it came out people railed against it as being non-innovative and ugly. I remember that was a really... World of Warcraft... almost everyone of our games people say they're not innovative, and I feel the reason why is because they're looking for innovation to be in a big uppercut-punch-super feature. They're looking for some thing, one thing, that says to them, this is the next greatest thing ever. And, you know, we just think that that's the way to make games, like We think innovation comes in perfect execution. Like, we have a saying around the office; would you... if you had a choice between playing a perfectly innovative game, or a perfectly executed game, which would you do? And the answer for us is always perfectly executed, because an innovative game that is poorly executed is not a good game. But a game that is executed very, very well is always a great game.

Perfect execution is our goal when making games, and that is what he is trying to say with this.

Second of all; this interview was made and published before Diablo III released, so at that point we were not aware of the various issues and concerns that the players would come to have after the game was released. At that point in time, we were feeling confident that the quality of Diablo III was in a good spot and that players would get a solid experience, but nowhere did we claim that it would be the perfect game, and nowhere to this day have we acted or pretended that it is the perfect game.

Since the launch of Diablo III we have acknowledged that we underestimated the speed of which players consumed the game, and although there are still lots of players in the game, and lots of players who have yet to complete it, Diablo III still needs more things to keep people engaged and having fun.

also why do peoples posts get deleted, are we in some sort of dictatorship environment here?

Either you are resorting to hyperbole, or I do not think that dictatorship means what you think it means. We have rules and policies that we expect people to follow when making use of our services and playing our games, but does that make us dictators? I do not think so, but alas, I digress.

We delete posts that goes against the forum rules, and we lock threads that we feel do not make any valid contributions to our forums (typically we post an explanation why we locked a thread if it is not really obvious why we did it). We insist that people must be constructive when posting on our forums, but unfortunately not everyone knows what that means. For an example; posts full of personal attacks against Blizzard Employees are not constructive, posts full of rants, hyperbole, and sweeping statements are not constructive, posts designed as part of some campaign or idea to flood the forums with posts to cause unrest are not constructive - and that is why we lock or remove such posts... hopefully you get the gist of what I am trying to say here ;-)

As described in the very beginning of the [url="http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/2583878364"]forum guidelines[/url], "this forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of Diablo III with your fellow players." Does this mean that you are not allowed to voice your concerns and post negative feedback? No! In fact you are more than welcome to do so, but be constructive when you do so!

If you want to provide feedback but you do not know what we mean when we ask you to be constructive, then you may first want to spend some time reading the [url="http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/2583878364"]forum guidelines[/url] as well as the [url="http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct"]battle.net code of conduct[/url] to at least find out how not to post. If you already know how not to post, but still do not know what it means to be constructive, then perhaps this wiki page on [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constructive_criticism"]constructive criticism[/url] may be of help to you.

not constructive you may say, but was jay wilsons facebook post constructive?

No, that was not constructive, and Jay is very much aware of that as you can maybe gather from [url="http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5198940034"]his apology[/url]. Jay is only human, and just like everyone else he is prone to make mistakes. Jay made a mistake with his unfortunate outburst, and he apologised for it. You may not accept his apology for various reasons, and maybe you are not the type of person that easily forgive people for their mistakes, and that is okay too, but that does not make it acceptable to not be constructive when posting feedback and concerns on our forums.

I hope this makes sense to you, but if it does not, or if all you are really interested in doing is to find other players to high-five on how much you do not like Diablo III, then perhaps it is best to find somewhere else on Internet to do this... perhaps facebook ;-)

WoW, today a CM was bored.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]