Diablo® III

may i ask a few questions

08/01/2013 23:29Posted by Nairda
also why do peoples posts get deleted, are we in some sort of dictatorship environment here? not constructive you may say, but was jay wilsons facebook post constructive?

Hahaha. LOL, WHAT? It's a PRIVATE forum of a PRIVATE company. If they decide we can only talk about boobs on the forums, they can delete anything not regarding boobs.

Damn, you're so stupid.

this is offensive, i feel offended

09/01/2013 02:12Posted by Phantom
Play on words there CM. The only thing that comes to my mind when hearing "perfect execution" is Error37.

highfive
Reply Quote
i said in another post "go buy another piece on rmah so you could pass ur 520k damage hahahaha."
this sentence was deleted then.
Reply Quote
You claim to keep the forums clean, yet every time I go to the D3 website there are gold sellers littering the front page... and somewhere deep inside of me smiles - the world can see you are not doing your job.

Bravo to your linguistic acrobatic skills.

I suggest this mr blizzard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHopJHSlVo4
Reply Quote
Community
09/01/2013 16:01Posted by Raijin
You claim to keep the forums clean, yet every time I go to the D3 website there are gold sellers littering the front page... and somewhere deep inside of me smiles - the world can see you are not doing your job.

To be honest I am not sure if you are actually being serious or simply posting out of spite, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt and refer your attention to what I previously mentioned about constructive criticism. Anyways, if you are truly concerned about the gold spammers frequenting our forums, I can inform you that this is a topic we have addressed in another thread here:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6297649913#7

If you only knew how many accounts we ban from the forums for gold spamming every single day... I actually do not have that number myself, but I can assure you that it is overwhelmingly many. These gold spammers typically use compromised accounts and bots to post, and that makes them quite tough to fight for human moderators as you can hopefully understand :-(
Reply Quote
Thank you for taking the time time to respond to my post. Although I believe constructive criticism will only be useful if you listen to it, sometimes you have to talk a little hard to get some action and/or understand of a matter.

There are so many things I would like to tell you, but I think I will stop here.

Glad to see you are at least trying to get rid of the gold sellers.
Reply Quote
09/01/2013 16:43Posted by Vaneras

To be honest I am not sure if you are actually being serious or simply posting out of spite, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt and refer your attention to what I previously mentioned about http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6297801620#9" class="bml-link-url2">constructive criticism</a>. Anyways, if you are truly concerned about the gold spammers frequenting our forums, I can inform you that this is a topic we have addressed in another thread here:
<a href="http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6297649913#7

If you only knew how many accounts we ban from the forums for gold spamming every single day... I actually do not have that number myself, but I can assure you that it is overwhelmingly many. These gold spammers typically use compromised accounts and bots to post, and that makes them quite tough to fight for human moderators as you can hopefully understand :-(

And i dare to say , that you Vaneras , youre one of the very few , if not the only guy from Blizzard , that actually care to have such a manner and friendly touch with community which if you ask me , is kinda rare nowdays.

Even if im one of the many , very dissapointed D3 players , im mad with Jay wilsons broken promises and attitude since release ( for various reasons i stated before , too many actually ) and 9.9 out of 10 of my posts are negative things to say .. I must admit you are a great blizzard representative and you have my respect for what you doin , here in EU forums.
Reply Quote
Don't be too hard on Vaneras.

Yes he probably doesn't like JW too and hates this dumbed down game, but he is just doing his job, trying to defend the company he is working for.
Reply Quote
Why dont they just close softcore so that all the 10 year olds can uninstall diablo 3 and continue they´re lifes in wow or whatever they are pleased to play.
Reply Quote
10/01/2013 00:46Posted by Idumea
Why dont they just close softcore so that all the 10 year olds can uninstall diablo 3 and continue they´re lifes in wow or whatever they are pleased to play.

Nice just the kind of comment an 14 years old selfish kid would write around forums. Your lack of respect towards other players preferences are disgusting. Just because someone likes to play stress free gaming mode must mean that they are crying kids right ? Awesome logic Mr Idumea.
Edited by Relle#2590 on 10/01/2013 01:55 GMT
Reply Quote
Well all i see is crying on these forums so to answer your question, yes.
Reply Quote
10/01/2013 02:58Posted by Idumea

Then you might consider the option of stopping reading of such posts if you ain't got anything constructive to add.
Edited by Relle#2590 on 10/01/2013 04:07 GMT
Reply Quote
10/01/2013 04:04Posted by Relle

Then you might consider the option of stopping reading of such posts if you ain't got anything constructive to add.

Well my opinion is that closing softcore could only make this game better so in fact i belive it to be very constructive. Do you seriously think that "omg this game is so bad, jay willson destroyed my life, make this make that, bake me a cake and whipe my tears" is constructive ?
Reply Quote
maybe you should design a bot to ban your bots.
Reply Quote

Well my opinion is that closing softcore could only make this game better so in fact i belive it to be very constructive. Do you seriously think that "omg this game is so bad, jay willson destroyed my life, make this make that, bake me a cake and whipe my tears" is constructive ?

No, did i never claim it was ? Closing softcore would not solve anything. There are always someone crying no matter what will be done with this game. There is no way to keep everyone happy. But i would be more than happy to listen to your ideas on how the game would be better if softcore would be removed.

I personally would love to see Diablo 2 style Ladder's added within the game. That would keep things interesting in my opinion.
Edited by Relle#2590 on 10/01/2013 04:53 GMT
Reply Quote
The most aggrevating thing about this, since release is this:

Nobody from blizzard is acknowledging the fact that the game is based on *failed* core game mechanics and design decisions that can't be fixed in a patch.

The elephant is stomping around since release and everyone is looking with wide open eyes, yet for blizzard CMs there's no elephant!

You agree on the trunk, the large ears, the tail, the mini earthquakes as it stomps around and you can hear the trumpeting sound it makes, but you insist that there's no elephant.

I mean people have wasted so much time in 100s of posts analysing and describing the problems of this game with surgical precision to be completely ignored... (yes itemization and stats I'm looking at you among many other things..) Instead there's been a lot of effort with patches to hide and silence that elephant for good, but it's still stomping around.

At the same time we've been told that somehow we're the evil and ungrateful part of the community, we don't know what we like or what is fun in a game, and that our memory of D2 is broken and that we're not making constructive posts in the forums and so on....

The roles have been reversed, instead of them accepting and acknowledging the feedbacl of game design failure, the criticism is turned to us and for what reason? Do you really think that this will make the elephant in the room disapear? It's still here stomping around and you're still loosing customers.

I'm sorry, but if you don't find this behaviour towards us the consumers insulting, you need a reality check ASAP.
Reply Quote
Step 1 - make a noose (a post saying that Blizzard doesn't respond enough and articulating why that is a problem).
Step 2 - Blizzard proceeds to hang self (by not responding).
Step 3 - ????????
Step 4 - profit.
Edited by Kirtswall#2566 on 10/01/2013 11:51 GMT
Reply Quote
The most aggrevating thing about this, since release is this:

Nobody from blizzard is acknowledging the fact that the game is based on *failed* core game mechanics and design decisions that can't be fixed in a patch.

The elephant is stomping around since release and everyone is looking with wide open eyes, yet for blizzard CMs there's no elephant!

You agree on the trunk, the large ears, the tail, the mini earthquakes as it stomps around and you can hear the trumpeting sound it makes, but you insist that there's no elephant.

I mean people have wasted so much time in 100s of posts analysing and describing the problems of this game with surgical precision to be completely ignored... (yes itemization and stats I'm looking at you among many other things..) Instead there's been a lot of effort with patches to hide and silence that elephant for good, but it's still stomping around.

At the same time we've been told that somehow we're the evil and ungrateful part of the community, we don't know what we like or what is fun in a game, and that our memory of D2 is broken and that we're not making constructive posts in the forums and so on....

The roles have been reversed, instead of them accepting and acknowledging the feedbacl of game design failure, the criticism is turned to us and for what reason? Do you really think that this will make the elephant in the room disapear? It's still here stomping around and you're still loosing customers.

I'm sorry, but if you don't find this behaviour towards us the consumers insulting, you need a reality check ASAP.

+10000000000000...

EXACTLY my thoughts. This issue though is not about CMs. CMs have a job to do which is not fixing this game but....

You are damn right in everything you just said. Im happy im not alone on this because whenever i speak about it i get hate responds.

They dont admit the obvious... Diablo 3 failed!! When you see Jay Wilson getting MAD and acting like a kid over a pretty much MANNERED CRITICISM from one of diablo fathers or he acts like nothing is wrong ( go to Jays twitter and check his twitts the last 3-4 months ) then yeah... i totally agree with what you said above...

The REALLY annoying and sad thing is that this ELEPHANT GETTING BIGGER and bigger instead the opposite... Thats the crazy part....

For example Jay Wilson talking about CROWD CONTROLS instead of SKILL DIVERSITY , DUELS instead Botting/hacking that killing game as we speak , NO COMMENT ABOUT VITAL MATTERS like LADDER / EXPAND ITEMIZATION .....

This guy was , is and will be a disaster for this game.... for example... WHO ON EARTH would release a game with legendaries being uber crap , supposedly the most rare and badass items in game ? Only JAY WILSON... And so many other flaws we all know them and pointing out daily , 7 months now , only to get tagged as haters/crybabies.

But fanboys , even our fellows CMs ... know that game is not even close to what we promised , what we were expecting , what supposed to be. The main problem is that JAY WILSON ISNT !!! He still think his game is good and his damage control over criticism along with his attitude in twitter clearly shows that.... And thats the BIG ISSUE here imho... Jays ego , lack of interaction with community , slow pace of things and once AGAIN---- BAD DECISIONS at the WRONG TIME.
Edited by Azatis#2345 on 10/01/2013 12:11 GMT
Reply Quote
"And just for the record, nowhere are we acting or pretending Diablo III is the perfect game"

In the interview with gamespot, you (jay wilson himself) described it as perfectly executed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrli-by8oOU

why is this?
is this how easily activision-blizzard changes their mind?

also why do peoples posts get deleted, are we in some sort of dictatorship environment here? not constructive you may say, but was jay wilsons facebook post constructive?

If you think in absolutes then no game would ever be able to live up to being perfect, we all know that. But perfect execution is different than a perfect game. IMO I will say what I feel is perfect execution of a game.

A game that works where there are very, very, few or no broken skills. I mean ones that do not work at all. Not underpowered skills or OP'd skills. Ones that just do not do anything at all. Like say the monk had a skill where he should be able to dodge all monster attacks for 5 seconds. When you hit the button he does not dodge hardly any attack. City of Heroes when they launched had a few powers in the Dark Miasma power set that did not work at all.

If there are no main quests in the game where they are impossible to complete. Very, very, very few side quests or achieves are broken and need some fixing.

All affixes on the gear do what they are suppose to do. If IAS of 7 is suppose to increase your damage by 500, then that is what it should do. These are the things that I think of when you talk about perfect execution. It is a game that is working as it was designed to work.

That is totally different than a perfect game. Perfect executed has nothing to do with making bad design choices, it has nothing to do with having too many features cut just to get it out on time. The question you should ask here is this. Did the game work as it was designed to work? If the answer is yes, with only a very few exceptions like exploits, maybe a few broken side quests or achieves. Along with the normal server stability issues that plagues most online games. Then I would say that D3 was perfectly executed.

It like computers, let's say you design a system to work within a 5% tolerance. The program is designed for that system and works within it's designed tolerances. So if both systems work according to their designs, well within their tolerances. Then that system and program are considered working to perfection. But both the computer and the program may not be what the customer expected them to be.

I think that is where you are coming from. You expect D3 to be more like D2, or even a perfect copy of D2. When it turned out to be D3, and had very little to no comparison to D2.

It would be like my above example. A person buys a Dell computer thinking it would function like a Gateway computer and are not happy that it is not like a Gateway computer.
Reply Quote
08/01/2013 14:49Posted by Vaneras
this interview was made and published before Diablo III released, so at that point we were not aware of the various issues and concerns that the players would come to have after the game was released

QA = Quality Assurance. Does wonders ;)
Reply Quote
08/01/2013 14:49Posted by Vaneras
We insist that people must be constructive when posting on our forums

I am sorry, but if you want constructive criticism aka - providing possible sollutions to the problems I find in your product, your company would have to pay me a salary.

All I am going to do, is tell you what I do not like, perhaps I might express why, but no, I will not do your work for you to find ways to improve your product, not after half a year of lies from the representatives of your company.

This is your game, its up to you to make it good. If you don't know how, that is your problem.
Edited by Madderdin#2619 on 11/01/2013 08:56 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]