Diablo® III

Duel: Spectator Mode (A Must!)

Give us Spectator Mode in the Duel areas so we can stream it and have friendly self-made tournaments and overview which won!

It's a must!

<3 Thank you!

(Request Sticky or thumbs up if you like, thanks)

Update #1
If we can't have more then 4 players in the area / arena. It's fine with that limit. We can still have 1 vs. 1 and 1 vs. 1. vs. 1 or whatever and have 1 spectator - so we can stream / record it. :) Would be great actually.

Update #2
Here is another idea for Spectator Mode:
When you die, let us hover around the screen until we want to resurrect..

Update #3
Here is a fake picture I made: http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc438/enkeria/spectator_mode_zps6bc10e93.jpg

It shows scoreboard and a reset-button that you vote on as a group. When dying you go into spectator mode.
Edited by Enkeria#1978 on 21/01/2013 09:06 GMT
Reply Quote
3 Gnome Warlock
we can only dream :(
Reply Quote
I +1 this.
Reply Quote
This is only a temporary fix to PvP. Blizzard said they will be adding more PvP in the future but they need to "go back to the drawing board" for them.
Reply Quote
Interesting perspective. I don´t imagine this a priority for blizzard and i´m not sure when dueling is released that it´ll pick up that much interest from people, yourself included (it could be baaaaad, though :P). What would be interesting to see is people creating their own rules for the tourneys (preset gear / banned builds, etc.) and balance the game via those rules.
Reply Quote
You really have to learn to be patient with Blizz. ;)
Reply Quote
+1

have a 'safe zone' where you spawn, and from there you can click on a standing spectator area which detaches your camera when you enter and gives you free mouse look over the floor of the battle pit.
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
Thanks guys! Yeah, I am one of those who actually will arrange tournaments (in Sweden) for gold and glory. And I need to be in the fight just to stream it. Spectator mode of some kind would be awesome.
Reply Quote
indeed

You have to find the dueling game first however, which seem as hard task even for duelists
Reply Quote
I also asked Blizzard (and the community) about having "Gear-lock" once we are in the Duel area, so we, the community, can have fun rules like "use only white gear, blue gear or rare gear given to you before entering the arena / area".

Read more here: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6298353236
Reply Quote
Another thing. ( I cant edit my latest post) so..

If we can't have more then 4 players in the area / arena. It's fine with that limit. We can still have 1 vs. 1 and 1 vs. 1. vs. 1 or whatever and have 1 spectator - so we can stream / record it. :) Would be great actually.
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
Would be nice to have a scoreboard while you are in the spectator mode as well that keeps track until a new game is started (not new gear / character) but a complete new act 1 game...
Reply Quote
Good idear with spectator mode ^^ like it - but there need to be something to spectate ?:)
Coming from a none pvp'er I would really love to see that they implemented some really solid pvp with rewards, latters, spectation - all in all blizzard only needs to ask the community for help
with pvp idears as it seems they can' figure that out themselfs and I have seen alot of good idears over the past 6 months on this forum :)

Now is the time for Blizzard to design the game with the community and not the investors :)

/Nie
Edited by Niemeyer#2307 on 18/01/2013 12:02 GMT
Reply Quote
good idea i support this idea :P +1
Reply Quote
Nothing stops you from staying out of combat and watching other players brawl. Obviously you instruct them not to attack you (similar to a referee) and you may want to go tanking gear incase the odd shot hits you but next to that there is no problem watching.
Reply Quote
DrSuperGood: If you do not have gold, then it's impossible.

Here is another idea for Spectator Mode:
When you die, let us hover around the screen until we want to resurrect..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]