Diablo® III

1.0.8 - Heavily Increased Monster Density in Acts 1,2,4

I agree,farming A3 is boring as hell
Reply Quote
+1 BIG time... have been wanting this for a long time... I want to be efficient, and Im tired of doing same stuff over and over again... :D

Why they say it is hard, cant they just do calculation (this are is this big then there needs to spawn this many mobs here) then do it for all areas in the game? I cant see how this could be that hard?
Reply Quote
It's probably not as easy as it sounds, but that doesn't really matter. I'm sure they know how great it would be for the game.
Reply Quote
+1

has to be optional because not everyone likes dense mobs. Wve been throwing around the idea of a 1 to 10 scale like monster power, on reflection I think thats a bit much, no need, just have 2 settings, standard and some sort of onslaught setting where mobs are just maxed everywhere.

As for moving around, I think really I want to be able to wayshrine through the entire game up to the quest I am on, back and forth at my own discretion. I dont mind having longer load times jumping between acts, just let me hit an alk run and then keep going through zoltans archives and on to the cathedral and the halls of agony with fat monster density the whole way.

No man? No. There is nothing optional in this GAME. MAJORITY wants that SO THE MAJORITY WILL get that. Understand?

Im with you my man, by optional I meant there needs to be a box like monster power where you select the normal mode or the dense mode. Some squishy demon hunters running around with 24kdps, even on mp0 theyre bricking their pants in act 3 because theyre getting overwhelmed, they would much rather farm in act 1 because the lower density suits their rubbish gear and awful build setup.

So those guys still need to be able to keep density low if they want it, cant just be a flat buff to all monsters in inferno or they would have to be reasonable about it, if theres a set of options they can make the max density option just full retard, completely unreasonable levels of critters and not have to nerf it because some 15k life scrub is getting 1 shot by 200 scorpions when he goes through a level transition in inferno. Cant be a buff to monster power either, I want huge density farming for my DH, but even with 167kdps I dare not venture beyond mp2, I think we need 2 separate options.
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
I agree,farming A3 is boring as INFERNO

There. Fixed it for you. These days it isnt about Hell anymore.
Reply Quote
OioxFûl wrote:

Can you find this blue?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592581161?page=18#348

Posted by Diablo 3 Technical Designer Wyatt Cheng.

Cheers Storm!
Reply Quote
bump, this must happen
Reply Quote
Great idea OP!

Would be great to have "Monster Density Level" like "Monster Power".
Reply Quote
it would also be nice if they could make new acts. it could be a smaller story taking place at somewhere else. i would like to see more jungle for instance.
this does require that they make it so u can travel around in between acts. also it would not make much sense lore-wise. but i believe the gameplay is the most important.

other nice things:

make pvp
fix crafing
make new str class
moar items
Reply Quote
Agree make a multiplier on crowds
Reply Quote
instead of monster density level, would be nice if they made something like horde mode and monsters would drop only gold and health globes. at the end of each wave there would be like a mix of elite +a mini boss like skeleton king etc. wich guarantee to drop like 10 uniqe items and a chance for leg. there would be infinite waves harder and harder to get with mixes of 2, 3 ,4 mini bosses and maybe main bosses with some variations of their skills...
that would make farming xp more fun. there could be leaderbords for most monsters killed best spree etc. and who lasted most amount of waves...
that would actualy be good add-on to the game.
Reply Quote
instead of monster density level, would be nice if they made something like horde mode and monsters would drop only gold and health globes. at the end of each wave there would be like a mix of elite +a mini boss like skeleton king etc. wich guarantee to drop like 10 uniqe items and a chance for leg. there would be infinite waves harder and harder to get with mixes of 2, 3 ,4 mini bosses and maybe main bosses with some variations of their skills...
that would make farming xp more fun. there could be leaderbords for most monsters killed best spree etc. and who lasted most amount of waves...
that would actualy be good add-on to the game.

That sounds like it could get tedious after a very short while...

My suggestion meant adding density throughout the entire game in inferno, which would be a good couple of hours of different scenery. You essentially play the entire game as opposed to 5 percent of it. It would also get tedious, but I submit that it would take far, far longer for that to become tedious than it did for the end of Act 3.

Hopefully it won't become tedious before they implement this suggestion I made - http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6444145210
Edited by Harrogath#2706 on 23/01/2013 13:32 GMT
Reply Quote
1+ on monster density increase for all acts.

Though, at least we get to do a1,2,3 while farming keys. a4 is still left out, except that one or two times you need to get the uber machine recipe or beat female diablo's bumasstocks.

Still, it's the same spots.
a1 woods, manor, fields.
a2 canyon, assassin's vault, oasis
a3 other side of stonefort, stonefort, + anywhere without hulking pheasants (eeeeek, lol)

A comment on a4: too short, no home base. Lack of creativity in creating a 4th base so you decided to keep a3's homebase, Blizz?
Reply Quote

A comment on a4: too short, no home base. Lack of creativity in creating a 4th base so you decided to keep a3's homebase, Blizz?

Well, it wouldn't make too much sense, would it? Taking merchants into heaven.

According to lore, Jebus was really, really mad about merchants hanging around his property. You wouldn't believe just how mad he was.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Reply Quote
I was thinking about this for a long time. This would be a great change.
Reply Quote
I hope they delete Act1,2 4 So we only play Act3 for 10 years now hahahahaha
Reply Quote
Community
I know some people in this thread has linked to Wyatt Cheng's response on this topic already, but I will quote it again to make it more visible for those who haven't seen it yet:-)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/16f4bq/patch_107_preview_just_posted_930_cst/c7vw7gf?context=3
except monster density....I'm so sick of act 3.

Wyatt: Unfortunately increased monster density in Act 1 and 2 in Inferno difficulty did not make patch 1.0.7. It is absolutely something we would like to improve, and it is still on the list for the future. I spend most of personal play time in Act 3 as well: Keeps 1, Core, Tower, Bridge, Fields. It's a matter of degrees, it'll never all be balanced 100% equal in all zones everywhere you go - but they need to be comparable within a certain tolerance, and we're definitely outside that margin right now.

As you can maybe gather from this, we totally would like for people to feel that they are able to farm any Act they wish without being worried about efficiency, and we are looking into various ways to make this happen. We are not yet able to share any specifics in regards to what exactly is on the table though, but we will of course let you know as soon as we are able.

Feel free to post your own thoughts the kind of "mob density options" you would like to have in the game, as such feedback would be helpful to us :-)
Reply Quote
Yep, farming a3 over and over again is beginning to suck :)

Act 1, like fields of misery/highlands are awesome places but just put x2 monsters in it or something, but this is is allmost the case for every level in act 1/2

and fix whimsyshire, just make this way overloaded with enemies :) In dia 2 the cow level was so frkn awesome cuz of the hordes of cows, and they didnt run away either if 1 cow got killed. So plz increase the enemies like x3 there (5 packs are fine imo) and make then angry as .... so they will allways run towards you instead of away from you :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]