Diablo® III

Duel: Once enter you can't change gear

Hello

I hope that the rule "Once you enter the Duel area by portal, you cannot change gear" is something that we can see in patch 1.0.7 or in a hotfix after.

If we are going to run small tournaments, we kinda need a safty-thingy so people do not cheat by changing gear in middle of a duel.

To change gear, even take it off you need to go through the portal to New Tristram.

Thanks.
Edited by Enkeria#1978 on 17/01/2013 16:24 GMT
Reply Quote
Question: How is changing gear the same as cheating?

I assume most duels will be "use your own gear, whichever one you want to your advantage".
There's no need to limit people to one gear set, not being able to switch between 2h/DW and so on.

I assume you're talking about some minority of games with special rules. Like only white/blue gear. Blizzard can't implement the mode based on anticipating every mini-mode players will want to try. You'll just have to trust people if you set up something like that.
Reply Quote
What advantages does one get with changing gear strategically?
Reply Quote
15/01/2013 14:17Posted by Emigna
I assume you're talking about some minority of games with special rules. Like only white/blue gear.

Correct.
Doing tournaments (big ones), will make people cheat in duel-game.. This would be an easy fix for those who want to take Duel with rules.
Reply Quote
possible, i doubt it would be in ptr because that would make testing awkward
Reply Quote
15/01/2013 14:36Posted by Darlynn
What advantages does one get with changing gear strategically?

Depending on the dmgreduction (and lenght of fights) you might be able to bring people down and make them use their pots and lifesaver skills with dualwieldning. Then switch over to a skorn and do some high dmg dealing finishers for a KO.
Reply Quote
If we get a "gear-lock" while we are in this Duel area, it would help the community that have Streaming PvP *live a chance to have some fun challengers.

I also asked Blizzard for a specator mode, please have a look and comment if you think it's a good idea: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6297802493#1
Reply Quote
Make this function a toggle function by giving the NPC (Nek, the Brawler) two versions of the same arena!

In that way, everyone can be happy...
Reply Quote
You should use human honer to apply the rule. Disqualify anyone seen to do it.
Reply Quote
We just have to hope people do not cheat if rules are set then. And away the real PvP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]