Diablo® III

Message from Jay Wilson

PLEASE HIRE THE DIABLO 2 PEOPLE AS PROJECT LEADERS, THEY KNOW WHAT A GOOD GAME IS
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
It's depressing to read this thread.

Some comment are just disgraceful. It may be that we represent the same community from the outside, but I don't want to be associated with most of the people in this thread. You bring shame to the Blizzard community.

I hope Jay doesn't focus too much on the hateful comments. I personally love Diablo III and wish him the best of luck in the future at Blizzard. Hopefully he'll continue to contribute to creating more awesome Blizzard games.

I totally agree. As much as we all know that Diablo 3 has had some pitfalls, and game designers have made mistakes, there's no reason for people to get all deeply personal with him about it.

Its a damn game people. Get a bloody grip will ya? I don't care if people get personal with me, I am just a face on the Internet and nobody knows who I really am. But Jay's a real person, with real feelings, who put his face in front of the community. That's different. Real people get hurt by some of the things you post, including friends and family of his.

Sure he's made mistakes (Facebook incident), but he's only human.
Edited by FeralWorgen#2478 on 21/01/2013 05:58 GMT
Reply Quote
Acutally Blizzard made/choose this community by stupid decisions.
Since they introduced free epics 4 all, so the lowest no-brainer can play, things started to get worse while smarter people started to leave.

In WoW Noobs are getting instant flamed for questions, in GW2 10 ppl reply with proper answers.

Playing Blizzard games feels like your the sheep in wolves territory, lol.
Edited by black#1721 on 21/01/2013 06:19 GMT
Reply Quote
It's depressing to read this thread.

Some comment are just disgraceful. It may be that we represent the same community from the outside, but I don't want to be associated with most of the people in this thread. You bring shame to the Blizzard community.

I hope Jay doesn't focus too much on the hateful comments. I personally love Diablo III and wish him the best of luck in the future at Blizzard. Hopefully he'll continue to contribute to creating more awesome Blizzard games.

Realtalk!!!!!
Reply Quote
Acutally Blizzard made/choose this community by stupid decisions.
Since they introduced free epics 4 all, so the lowest no-brainer can play, things started to get worse while smarter people started to leave.

In WoW Noobs are getting instant flamed for questions, in GW2 10 ppl reply with proper answers.

Playing Blizzard games feels like your the sheep in wolves territory, lol.

Warcraft was always for kids, starcraft and diablo were for real men, now only starcraft is for real men.
Reply Quote
17/01/2013 20:48Posted by Consider
I haven't always agreed with you or liked what you've done, but overall I love the game that you've so lovingly crafted. Best of luck with your future deeds - they shall be remembered. ;)

Ok i finaly realize why those guys have green txt - cause they lickin as in every post :)
Edited by majkiel#2536 on 21/01/2013 08:25 GMT
Reply Quote
Well, this is kind of sad. I think you made a great game overall despite its flaws :)
Reply Quote
21/01/2013 08:23Posted by majkiel
I haven't always agreed with you or liked what you've done, but overall I love the game that you've so lovingly crafted. Best of luck with your future deeds - they shall be remembered. ;)

Ok i finaly realize why those guys have green txt - cause they lickin as in every post :)

Indeed.

And to all those who thinks he is hurt. Do you really think he gives a .. about what people here thinks of him? He already got the phat loot $$ from the D3 and thus left it to rot (or not).

It's not that he quit, it's that he promised things and then quits at not so good moment for D3. Seems like he's just throwing white towel.
Reply Quote
fire jay....hire me! yey! d3 solved
Reply Quote
19/01/2013 21:25Posted by Steve
1.0.8 new item - Mask of Jay Wilson: http://i.imgur.com/tK2Xc.jpg

crap, no socket, worthless > salvage!
Reply Quote
Most people express their views on Jay's work on Diablo 3. Why is that hating?
I'm not satisfied with Diablo 3 either. D2 was a classic in almost every way: the mood, the story, the character development, music, etc. It was an awesome, addictive gothic horror game.

D3 is a trading game, where your character is getting better by AH trading. Buy underpriced goods and sell them. Not by playing the game. Paragon level means absolutely nothing. Engame: trade more.

Is Jay personally responsible for every little mistake? NO.
Is Jay responsible for the flawed game mechanics? YES, absolutely.
Will anything change by this? NO.

I cannot agree more with those saying: bring back the Blizzard North D2 people!
And also happy that Jay left. It was about time.
Reply Quote
I played Diablo 1/2 and would go as far as saying d2 was one of the best games I have ever played, and it got me thoroughly addicted. I waited over 10 years for d3 and to be honest I feel you have let down not only the community but yourselves in designing such a poor sequel.

I will be buying marvel heroes created by David brevik ( the real man behind diabloiii success). After watching the videos on YouTube it already looks more of a sequel to d2 than d3 ever could be. Roll on dec 2013 when it comes out
Reply Quote
The first thing I want to assure you all is that this will not negatively impact our ongoing support of Diablo III.
--Jay

haha.. well said, Jay.

Now.. please don't put him in something SC2 related.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
19/01/2013 21:25Posted by Steve
1.0.8 new item - Mask of Jay Wilson: http://i.imgur.com/tK2Xc.jpg

I'm really not behind this personal stuff. He did his job and we don't like it much but no need to attack him personally. But this picture is really really funny and well-written and has all the fun of pocking fingers yet none of the "I hate you and I will M*U*R*D*E*R you for releasing this game!" of other posts. Cudos Steve!

EDIT: The 50% chance to double it hit me hard in the belly LOL
Edited by OioxFûl#2919 on 21/01/2013 11:57 GMT
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
21/01/2013 11:52Posted by Napo53
Now.. please don't put him in something SC2 related.

LOL they wont. He will manage someting out of sight. Like Lucas - he won't do another SW movie because everybody screams YOU ARE AN IDIOT at him (for 3 good movies reasons!).
Reply Quote
good luck Jay...
Reply Quote
Jay who?

Don`t let the door slam on the way out.
Reply Quote
Guys hold your horses a bit , you don't know who will replace Jay and what kind of gross things he might possible do to our beloved Diablo world.

Jay ! Thanks for everything you gave us, for hours , days and weeks of passionate play, the whole world you and your team created for us. Diablo series is the best game ever created and no other game is even near to keep up with the title.

I hope you will be still around the team and they will have your support in developing new ideas.

Where exactly are you moving ? are you starting completely new project or upgrading existing one ?

All the best man ! Thanks a million
Reply Quote
Jay Wilson maybe moving on but its Blizzard that is to blame for its games, Diablo3 is half baked, Starcraft 3 has become a diary production line and Wow is no better. Gaming history is repetting itself, big money has moved in. When that happens what made the games good to start with, is lost forever. Time to move on Blizzard has become, a has been. Give their games a good 6 months on the shelfs before looking at, never mind buying them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]