Diablo® III

Message from Jay Wilson

MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
I haven't always agreed with you or liked what you've done, but overall I love the game that you've so lovingly crafted. Best of luck with your future deeds - they shall be remembered. ;)

Ok i finaly realize why those guys have green txt - cause they lickin as in every post :)

And I've just realized why people like you will never get green text - because you are not capable of thinking past the temptation to rely on one post to make a generalization.

But of course, that can change on your own volition.
Edited by FeralWorgen#2478 on 21/01/2013 16:33 GMT
Reply Quote

Ok i finaly realize why those guys have green txt - cause they lickin as in every post :)

And I've just realized why people like you will never get green text - because you are not capable of thinking past the temptation to rely on one post to make a generalization.

you post green so what ? it is only html code in the end like Blizz changed ''players attack each other : enabled from disabled '' for PvP or dueling whatever you call it. Players like you can be satisfied with everyting like ability post in different colors ! :applaud for @danellos...now I can understand why you have become the most valuable player for Blizzard ! I totally aggee with @ majkiel
Edited by Checkmate#2239 on 21/01/2013 14:40 GMT
Reply Quote
21/01/2013 13:50Posted by Danellos

You're not how much money you waste on games, you're not your achievement points, you're not your playtime, you're not your amount of games you own. You're not your fin greentext.
Reply Quote
well good luck to him on his next project. am i happy with diablo 3? yes, but i still think it can be improved. i think credit should be given where credit is due. he did a good job in the game imho, still got some people to play after months. most games barely keep my interest after a few hours.

jay and blizz still kept updating and adding stuff to the game to make it better, most developers will slash and burn it after release i applaud blizzard for this. and guys come on whats with this personal attacks, after all they did give us a moderately enjoyable game that u invested hours into, u got ur moneys worth.

criticism yea i support this. it helps make the product better but make it constructive criticism not personal attacks, this just reflects on ur poor upbringing.

good luck jay thanks for bringing us a good game, wish u the best on ur next project.
Reply Quote
Another thing ,you said you played D1 and D2 more than most of 10 million people who bought Diablo 3 ,where you are lying. Since you say you come from the Law School ,I guess you know lying and giving false information can lead to a prosecution as well.

Yeah more than most of the people here taken INDIVIDUALLY...unless you actually thought I was talking about all of them combined...which would make no sense and it would be an obvious lie.

Lying and giving false information does not constitute a crime here unless it's directly linked to an already begun prosecution. If I just lie to you randomly that does not lead to prosecution. If I lie on the other hand as a witness or during an interrogation, then yes lying can be and is usually prosecuted...If I were to lie here on these forums it would mean nothing really...

Diablo 3 is okay, that's it ,it's not near brilliant, it's too repetitive and boring. It has got nothing to do with the franchise. Brilliant graphics only , lore became really childish and lame. Itemization does not exist. Diablo developers lied about the game and what's gonna be in it when they finally release it. If customers aren't allowed to give their opinions over that ,what is it then ? Are we in jail so we're not entitled to give our opinions ?

First of all if u take aside the art style of the pony level and actually look at how gruesome the death animations of those creatures are, you wouldn't call it retarded or childish. Second, I found the lore in D3 to be extremely entertaining and in bountiful quantities unlike it was in D1 and D2. Third, this is not about customers giving their opinions. I am not saying u specifically said all those bad things, but when someone wishes someone else all the bad things in the world (poverty, loss of a job perhaps even death and so on) that's not giving your opinion. I have nothing against people expressing their opinions about what they feel the game is like and should be changed, but to harrass a man for supposedly single-handedly destroying a franchise is beyond me...and that;s not voicing your opinion...

Last but not least, I know JW said "!@#$ that loser" but showing the same attitude kinda puts you on the same level as him. If u truly are a brilliant human being and a better person than him, then you will refrain from using those same words to exact a sort of fantastic revenge against him...
Edited by Razzledazzle#2206 on 21/01/2013 16:21 GMT
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
21/01/2013 15:14Posted by Steve
You're not how much money you waste on games, you're not your achievement points, you're not your playtime, you're not your amount of games you own. You're not your fin greentext

How on earth does that have anything to do with my post? I merely stated that making a generalization is an utterly foolish and childish thing to do.

But I guess making generalizations is the latest fad on the Battle.net forums. Somehow, people fall under the delusion that it makes their point matter more.
Reply Quote
You're not how much money you waste on games, you're not your achievement points, you're not your playtime, you're not your amount of games you own. You're not your fin greentext

How on earth does that have anything to do with my post? I merely stated that making a generalization is an utterly foolish and childish thing to do.

But I guess making generalizations is the latest fad on the Battle.net forums. Somehow, people fall under the delusion that it makes their point matter more.

Jay Wilson needs a tail...If you would like to follow feel free... Please do not spatter new clean D3 forums... He is long gone and real D3 players are so happy ! Learn to absorb some criticism...
Edited by Checkmate#2239 on 21/01/2013 16:50 GMT
Reply Quote
He's been kicked IMO
Reply Quote
PTR WITH ERROR 12

THX JAY, Go to do more money instead...
Reply Quote
It's depressing to read this thread.

Some comment are just disgraceful. It may be that we represent the same community from the outside, but I don't want to be associated with most of the people in this thread. You bring shame to the Blizzard community.

I hope Jay doesn't focus too much on the hateful comments. I personally love Diablo III and wish him the best of luck in the future at Blizzard. Hopefully he'll continue to contribute to creating more awesome Blizzard games.

I hope Jay does focus on it and realizes he has killed a very good franchise simply by ignoring the community. I hope for once he actually DOES listen to the community.
Reply Quote
To all those clamouring for Brevik to come back: why would you want him to? Would you really like to see him "work" at what passes for Blizzard these days?

If he really needed work (which I highly doubt) I'd suggest taking a leaf out of Chris Roberts' book and putting an original project up for crowd funding.
Reply Quote
I think it's good for Diablo to get a new vision and maybe a new path to follow under a new game director.

I also think it's good for Jay to work on a new project. I myself work as a web developer and I know that after working on a project for 2-3 months I'm sick of it and I want to start working on something fresh.

Can you imagine working on a project for 7 long years? I can't. Especially not if you have to deal with dozens of personal attacks on a daily basis. Please give the man a break.

While I didn't agree with many decisions and generally the path the game followed. I do think Jay is one of the best designers out there! He did bring a lot of good improvements to D3 compared to D2. It saddens me that people only see the mistakes he has made. What saddens me even more is that people have to blame him for decisions that were made by the whole team.

I'm sure he learned from his mistakes and will on deliver better and better games in the future. For me Jay is absolutely one of the game development legends.

It was an impossible job to meet the expectations from the players. And Jay did an amazing job leading the team to create the foundation of a game that might become the best game ever made in 2014. Diablo 2 sucked too. It was LoD that made the game so addicting for me.

I wish Jay the very best of luck in his new project, I'm sure it will be the next big thing :) Please know mr. Wilson that I won't forget who was responsible for the foundation of the game when it really starts to shine after it's first expansion!
Reply Quote
21/01/2013 05:54Posted by Danellos
I totally agree. As much as we all know that Diablo 3 has had some pitfalls, and game designers have made mistakes, there's no reason for people to get all deeply personal with him about it.

Then read between the lines. The fundamental reason is emotional attachment.

The fundamental reason is that some people feel as though Jay had no reason to feel pride of any kind given the flaws and mistakes present in today's D3.

Despite continued feedback.
Despite a two games out there that could've been used as a basis for the new engine.
Despite so many years of experience with Diablo as a brand.

..You may not like that primary emotion portrayed so visibly and explicitly, but you should REALLY start to worry when people stop caring and you don't get that feedback any longer, as that only indicates the destruction of a once-great IP.
Reply Quote
7 years.. SEVEN and this is the outcome? what the hell we're u eating pizzas the whole time and hoping the game will design itself?
Reply Quote
It's depressing to read this thread.

Some comment are just disgraceful. It may be that we represent the same community from the outside, but I don't want to be associated with most of the people in this thread. You bring shame to the Blizzard community.

I hope Jay doesn't focus too much on the hateful comments. I personally love Diablo III and wish him the best of luck in the future at Blizzard. Hopefully he'll continue to contribute to creating more awesome Blizzard games.

Just LOL... Please, get your meter long tongue out of the !@# its stuck in, its depressing to read that some people feel that important just because their txt is green, lmao, maybe ill go give it a try in paint.

I was close to puke after reading your txt, thats what you do to the community with that kind of reply's.
Reply Quote
Thanks for your hard work on Diablo 3 and good luck for the future Jay. I've enjoyed playing every Diablo since the first and this one is no exception. I look forward to the game's continuing development.
Reply Quote
See they added a new drop :)

http://i.imgur.com/tK2Xc.jpg
Reply Quote
Thanks and good luck Jay.
Edited by Kacenka#1172 on 22/01/2013 00:06 GMT
Reply Quote
Really i've enjoyed the game for quite some time, but it simply wasn't what it should have been. Too itembased and way to simplified. But the lack of permanent choices (not necessarily statpoints distribution or skilltrees) is the biggest mistake in this game.

So hopefully we get a game director that will understand what a rpg should be.
Reply Quote
Good riddance, BIIIP that loser !

D3 was the first time in my whole life I regretted so hard my 60 € (and I still do regret my money).

LAWL ERROR 37
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]