Diablo® III

Endless Paragon Level

Hi heroes.

I would like to see some posts, what do you think about endless Paragon levelling system?

Please, feel free to post:

a.) You are not even lvl 100 lol hek noob spawn^^,
b.) To Paragon level 100 heroes: "Get a life!"

Anyway,

- When hero hits Paragon level 100, every next level should have same exp points as from 99 - 100,
- You gain the same stats than you do now, except mf/gf%.

I really do not like the ladder system as it is in Travian, etc, ... So I do not want ladder system to be implemented in Diablo 3. But I have to provide some alternatives then.

So, the basic idea is that reaching high Paragon level would give us,

- Endless competition to reaching as higher level as possible,
- No need to buy/spend 100m, 200m+ on every item, to give you extra 10 dex and 20 vit because you can substitute this by reaching higher and higher level,
- This would bring bigger diversity to "Buy or Play players",
- Etc.,

It is just an idea, and I would really like to see your thoughts and improvements. Thank you.
Reply Quote
Would this need the same xp needed from 99 to 100?
Reply Quote
It would be nice as an idea but would break game mechanics after a while.

The word "immortality" comes to mind.
Reply Quote
whoa... i have 12309178345-18970 STR after 3 years playing!!! WTB MP 10983740193 mode
Reply Quote
22/01/2013 16:07Posted by Epicface
Would this need the same xp needed from 99 to 100?

I was thinking for example: From level 99 - 100 exp = 146 - 147 exp

22/01/2013 16:18Posted by marsovac

I agree on this point. But I do not know what's in Blizzard's mind. They put "may routes to Paragon" on home page, they are buffing exp% in MP level. It is like they want us to hit Paragon 100 a.s.a.p. Maybe they are preparing harder content/monsters or something like that?
Reply Quote
Community

Indeed. An Endless Paragon as the one suggested above would at some point render monsters and bosses completely irrelevant, and it would also become impossible for others to "catch up", which in turn would cause issues in co-op games and such.

But I think the thought is interesting, though. Imagine there was a new endless levelling "prestige" system that kicked in as soon as you reached Paragon lvl100 - a system that didn't give anything to make your character stronger or better, only some sort of score or some type of vanity rewards, would you enjoy or even care about such a system?
Reply Quote

Indeed. An Endless Paragon as the one suggested above would at some point render monsters and bosses completely irrelevant, and it would also become impossible for others to "catch up", which in turn would cause issues in co-op games and such.

But I think the thought is interesting, though. Imagine there was a new endless levelling "prestige" system that kicked in as soon as you reached Paragon lvl100 - a system that didn't give anything to make your character stronger or better, only some sort of score or some type of vanity rewards, would you enjoy or even care about such a system?

I doubt many people would give a rat's !@# about such a system, waste of dev time
Reply Quote

Considering I'm leveling a second monk to paragon 100 because I've got nothing to do, of course I would enjoy such a system. I don't exactly support OP's idea, but with a few modifications it might be very good.

Since you know...there's really nothing to be happy about? 1.0.5. = nerf to monks. 1.0.7. = nerf to monks. Next patch will nerf OWE. Each patch takes 3-4 months so there's absolutely NOTHING to look forward to. Such system would at least give me something.

The only thing I'm looking forward to is the ability to use vanishing dye on my hideous vile wards, but considering your posts we're probably not getting that any time soon either.

EDIT: Congrats on being able to push out at least one patch without nerfing monks - patch 1.0.6. Oh, also 1.0.6.a), so I suppose you managed TWO patches without nerfing us. Yay for us! With your pace monks will be unplayable in a few years, so we can thank god for small favors and your snail pace in bringing out new patches.
Edited by AdHoc#2426 on 22/01/2013 16:47 GMT
Reply Quote
customization in skill system (skilltrees and the status-point system)
fx each 2 Paragonlevel gives 1 skill point you can use on a new skill or improving you skills
fx wizard - full fire spec and improved fire abilities/ new fire abilities,
imo diablo 3 lack depth in toons
Reply Quote
Fansite
View profile
Vaneras

Yes! Anything that make our status stronger is welcome. May it be a decorative thing around your hero-icon top left on the screen, some added Prestige points or just some more hidden achievements. Just to show off - it's fine. Make some of us play beyond Paragon 100.

Even without it I am going to continue play my main :)

And speaking of hidden achievement.. Is there a "X squashed critters" achievement out there?
I remember Blizzard D3 staff spoke something about it pre-launch!
Reply Quote
22/01/2013 16:36Posted by Vaneras
Imagine there was a new endless levelling "prestige" system that kicked in as soon as you reached Paragon lvl100 - a system that didn't give anything to make your character stronger or better, only some sort of score or some type of vanity rewards, would you enjoy or even care about such a system?

Yes. I would care. This reward is something, that you will not be able to buy.
Reply Quote
Yup, "prestige" system would work nicely, even without stats boost. +1 to OP.
Reply Quote
Titles... Matriarch/Patriarch :3
Reply Quote

That wont hurt anyone at all, it would actually be kind of "cool" feature, You will feel like you're character is progressing only if it gives some numbers next to ur portrait... and no other rewards.

But you could also implent some Dyes or even some stupid "sigh"... PETS...yes i said it, yes i know its not WoW. Or new outfits for the followers? or even be able to hire new followers, when you reach a certain level.

Let's pretend there is a system called "Prestige" (Vaneras made this system i take no credit! :P)

When you reach Prestige LvL 10 - You are able to change Templars/enchantress/Scoundrel costume.

When you real Prestige LvL 20 - You are able to Hire a new follower named "Demon Derp"

Prestige LvL 30 - You can buy the "Omfgawd Dye" from merchant

...Just tossing out my thoughts :3
Edited by Sully#2414 on 22/01/2013 16:58 GMT
Reply Quote

Uber LvL 30 - You can buy the "Omfgawd Dye" from merchant

Does this dye allow us to make our weapons invisible? Because if yes, then I'm ready to grind 1k+ hours for this dye.
Reply Quote
22/01/2013 16:49Posted by AdHoc
Yup, "prestige" system would work nicely

22/01/2013 16:49Posted by Zero
Titles

"Prestige Titles" We won't even need additional number bar!
Reply Quote
22/01/2013 16:36Posted by Vaneras

We already have achievements a "prestige" system that no one cares about, and it gives you points you can show off and stuff, so I think we don't need another needless system.
Reply Quote

Uber LvL 30 - You can buy the "Omfgawd Dye" from merchant

Does this dye allow us to make our weapons invisible? Because if yes, then I'm ready to grind 1k+ hours for this dye.

Lol.....My Barbarian just came! the "Omfgawd Dye" should be able to make weapons invis :P
Reply Quote
22/01/2013 16:58Posted by GeorgDjoko

We already have achievements a "prestige" system that no one cares about, and it gives you points you can show off and stuff, so I think we don't need another needless system.

"WE" ? , I disagree with you, btw Achivements dosen't have almost any impact on the game, and no one looks at other peoples achivement either
Reply Quote

Lol.....My Barbarian just came! the "Omfgawd Dye" should be able to make weapons invis :P

My monks say that neither he or she need a weapon to blow big bad demons to smithereens. Hell, it even says so in the game's manual, but I suppose our beloved dev team forgot about this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]