Diablo® III

The "Complete" Diablo Fix-list

I can shamelessly bump this, the changes in the first post would be completely satisfiying tho but i would not say no to the whole package!
Reply Quote
Hate to burst your bubble but this won't happen. It required thought and effort. Unless it requires 1+1 or copy and paste, they either feel insulted that you have a better idea than them or it's just to hard to do.
Reply Quote
Maybe add endless dungeon, random affix maps or even scenario based games like defend the fort, wave survival or what not, all ending with experience gain and (the chance of) epic loot? All for multiplayer of course.

Basically other game modes, to break the monotony of acts, improving even on Diablo 2:LoD in that sense...

EDIT: +1 to OP, of course.
Edited by Boki#2284 on 22/01/2013 10:50 GMT
Reply Quote
there you go blizzard, do it one by one step by step but do it! thats what we want. and dont waste time on somekind of cc mob resistanse patches what we never asked for.
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 is completely inferior to D2. Unfortunately what's been done to diablo 3 cannot be fixed. All we can do is look forward to diablo 4, If its ever released. I hope that if blizzard decides to make D4, activision should not be allowed anywhere near it as well as that damn pay to win auction house. Please blizzard listen to your hardcore diablo fans next time. That's if diablo 3 hasn't totally destroyed the franchise like it appears to have done.
Reply Quote
But saying that, diablo 3 is a decent game. Not up to the diablo standard but it's still pretty fun. I'm currently re installing it as I speak :)
Reply Quote
Why dont you just bring out a new game called Diablo 4....thats what it comes down to ....
after all these changes ....
Reply Quote
Gr8 ideas...except other player loot mine gear....
But unfortunately we wont see them....
Reply Quote
WP through acts any way you want and not be bound to the story (that you've played a million times) yes yes yes yes yes yes yes and yes.

Whoever came up with the idea to play the story over and over and over again deserves a proper !@#$% slap. Why, oh god, why would someone want to play the story more than necessary?! (i.e more than every first time you play a difficulty). It makes the game way to repetitive and you always know what is going to happen = boring!
Reply Quote
@Zoofiee

But we want to play a game that is up to date graphics

We got that with D3

battle.net/trading etc.

We got the AH and RMAH

Nobody expected a much different game, what people wanted was more a remake of D2 with extras. Why try and change something that clearly works/worked.

Because D2 didn't work on every aspects. D2 was very boring at release when you hit end-game, simply because there wasn't anything to do. (i doubt there is many D3 players who played D2 at release)

D2 was decent/good at start, but it was first fantastic when the LoD came out.

This gets posted all the time:

"D2 wasn't great until LoD came out"
"When D2 launched it was nothing like LoD"

It's like that should justify D3 not being good until expansion arrives.

I don't get it, devs had the D2 / LoD relationship to base D3 on.. Time moves forward continuously, unless D3 devs operate in a wormhole where D2 LoD wasn't released.
Edited by err#1983 on 22/01/2013 08:02 GMT
Reply Quote
Can you immagine "JUMPING thru acts with WP" ? My god, farming would be so much fun again..you wouldn't get bored after couple of hours.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
A nice list of ideas, I give you that ( a lot of them were just attempts to copy features from the oh-so perfect d2), but, please, don't call it a "fix list". Although you might think that the game would be "fixed" for you ( if such state can exist), a lot of people including the developers could disagree. Calling every idea taken out of d2 a fix is a bit too courageous
Reply Quote
Community
Very extensive list, I can see that a lot of thought has gone into this and I feel it right to acknowledge that :-)

I am unfortunately not able to make comments on each individual point though, but as we have seen many of these points (or similar ones at least) posted before, I can say that we are taking them to heart... It is important that you guys are aware that big changes and improvements takes time, so we will have to prioritise things on what we can be implemented faster via patches and what will have to be pushed for later implementation via expansions.

I wanted to comment on this though:
21/01/2013 13:02Posted by Falb
We wanted a game based on D2 with an expanding gameplay and additional (not less!) mechanics and ideas.

We stated several times right from the start that Diablo III is its own game, that we never intended for it to be an HD version of Diablo II. We acknowledge that Diablo III needs to be a better game, and we intend to make it so, but you should never expect it to be turned into Diablo II.
Reply Quote
I think D3 is way better than D2.

Don't "fix" anything.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Don't "fix" anything.

I personally agree on the first part, but there is still a lot of space for improvements and I don't think copying features from d2 is the only way to do it.
Reply Quote
Very extensive list, I can see that a lot of thought has gone into this and I feel it right to acknowledge that :-)

I am unfortunately not able to make comments on each individual point though, but as we have seen many of these points (or similar ones at least) posted before, I can say that we are taking them to heart... It is important that you guys are aware that big changes and improvements takes time, so we will have to prioritise things on what we can be implemented faster via patches and what will have to be pushed for later implementation via expansions.

I wanted to comment on this though:
We wanted a game based on D2 with an expanding gameplay and additional (not less!) mechanics and ideas.

We stated several times right from the start that Diablo III is its own game, that we never intended for it to be an HD version of Diablo II. We acknowledge that Diablo III needs to be a better game, and we intend to make it so, but you should never expect it to be turned into Diablo II.

If we wanted a remake version of d2 we would have still played diablo 2...

P.S - Thought blizzard said no expansion will be available...Either way, some of his points are drastical , some of them are quite good... been posted before and will be posted a long time from now.

Don't "fix" anything.

You ain't getting a green name by saying stupid things like that...Or just agreeing with the devs....Why are you even here man ?
Edited by Vendetta#2202 on 22/01/2013 09:26 GMT
Reply Quote
22/01/2013 09:06Posted by Vaneras

Come on Van that's not exactly what he meant, he meant that a game that is a sequel of another game SHOULD be better and should progress beyond what the other game was, by this firstly people would want better graphics (job done), secondly better combat (not sure they're similar to me), thirdly more items (went backwards here), fourthly better itemisation (again went backwards), fifthly more build diversity (needs some work but for the masses the systems working), sixthly item drop rates and levels etc... (again backward I'm afraid), seventhly you killed Cain (sorry but this made a lot of people angry we love Cain), I'm going to stop now but it's clear some ideas and design were good and no one can argue that. However some were very bad and even the devs aren't defending them as it is evident that the community are not happy with them at all.

One of the big pet hates is that certain affixes are just plain too powerful and others are just plain pointless.

Anyway Van nice to hear from you again keep up the good work bud and please keep passing on our feed back, we do love the Diablo games and we do want it to be a great success :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
....so we will have to prioritise things on what we can be implemented faster via patches and what will have to be pushed for later implementation via expansions.

Are you kidding me? I paid for what YOU acknowledge as an incomplete, unsatisfactory game. And you tell me that you're going to expect me to pay for not expansion but EXPANSIONS

This is one of the biggest slaps in the face so far? Worse than Jay Wilson telling us he's proud of his failure.

Hopefully i can at least convert my entire account into gold and sell it on the RMAH in time, because that is barely believable.

What on EARTH are you thinking posting about expansions in a thread that comprehensively (and at great length) states exactly what is wrong with the game, since release practically?

People have been complaining since about week 3 that the game is NOT value for money and you say - well wait for an expansion?! Give us more money!?!? I'm gobsmacked, utterly gobsmacked.
Edited by vladdrac#2295 on 22/01/2013 10:05 GMT
Reply Quote

why would u call it diablo III if it is its a own game. Give it a different name then atleast so you dont mess up the !@#$ing legacy
Edited by Onscreen#2285 on 22/01/2013 09:41 GMT
Reply Quote
So...op Basically you want D2 back...

My wish list for D3.

1) Stick to your original design goals
a) Very difficult inferno (like it was before the nerfs)
b) Nerf legendaries back down, but not too severely. They deserve a good place in the game, but rares should be BiS
c) Use legendaries to promote build diversity via unique affixes.

2) Stick to your original design goals!
3) Stick to your original design goals!
4) Populate acts 1,2,4.
5) Improve events' reward and add more of them. Increase the size of random dungeons (but populate them! WALKING IS NOT FUN) especially act 4 ones. Make the layout random.
6) Look at the skills and skill runes and buff/remove weak/obsolete ones (prime example electrocute/lighning blast, compared to Shockpulse/piercing orb.)
7) Allow us to maintain as high a pace as we feel comfortable with. Remove the movement speed bonus cap.
Edited by CODY#2763 on 22/01/2013 09:54 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]