Diablo® III

The "Complete" Diablo Fix-list

- Diablo III
View profile
22/01/2013 09:06Posted by Vaneras
I am unfortunately not able to make comments on each individual point though, but as we have seen many of these points (or similar ones at least) posted before, I can say that we are taking them to heart... It is important that you guys are aware that big changes and improvements takes time, so we will have to prioritise things on what we can be implemented faster via patches and what will have to be pushed for later implementation via expansions.

Thanks for this. We really want you to make the game better and better, bigger and bigger. And the one thing that is most important to us at any stage is that we know YOU are listening to our ideas and concerns. We players want the game to be the best it can be, as well as you do. Not all players and devs agree on what's best, but as you say, similar points are being made every day here. We need those points to be heard crystal clear by the people in charge of saying "Make this feature happen asap (read: soon)". There are so many good ideas and I think you even had a lot of them yourself but scrapped them at some point to make the game seem more streamlined and easy. But we want some of them back.

Even though it IS just another carrot to make us farm more in the same content, both the Infernal Machine and the upcoming new recipes make a lot of sense in a Diablo game. I love hunting and collecting and stashing these materials IF (BIG IF) they make sense to use later! Up until now crafting didnt make any sense, Whimstshire dont make no sense and even Hellfire is a huge gamble. But it is great for levelling alts with it even if the roll is baaaaad. And the uber fights still remain fun for me.

I am looking forward to hitting some bosses along the way now and receiving better rewards from elites as well. This broadens the scope of my farming. Plus, I feel that the material costs for the new recipes justifies all the blue c*r*a*p* on the ground because they salvage into essence for the crafting. That is exactly what you need to do with all the underused skills, underused legendaries etc.: MAKE THEM USEFUL IN SOME SENSE. Then we will farm for them and play with them and trade them.
Edited by OioxFûl#2919 on 22/01/2013 09:46 GMT
Reply Quote
The removal of NV is a bad idea. It adds a good dynamic right now.

Monster density and itemization are the priority, imo.
Reply Quote
For once i would love to see BUFFED MOBS a.k.a. minions and bossees do degen on reseource generation. Everyone asking for buffs but mobs keep getting nerfed at all points. Invulnerable minions were one thing but i remember also from D2 there were "stinger" like things from Travincal that did mana depletion. How about, on hit you experience -5% resource degen from those kind of mobs? I don't wanna D2 all over again. I want D3 with some aspects from it's predecessor but to remain D3. I can't handle D2 anymore. Not even look at it. Sorry guys all of you that keep pushing D2's aspects but isn't it time to move on? Share some points on how to make game more interesting on HC. Even for it, is shrinked to oblivion with money purchased items.

For once i want to experience this game being actually hard. As on SC so in HC. I'm not talking about itemisation nor GAH nor RMAH. Almost everyone knows how to play auction houses and it's really not fun. And once again give mobs a chance to show themselves,

Cheers

-Hybrid
Reply Quote
bump for rng map layout!
Reply Quote
22/01/2013 09:06Posted by Vaneras
We stated several times right from the start that Diablo III is its own game, that we never intended for it to be an HD version of Diablo II. We acknowledge that Diablo III needs to be a better game, and we intend to make it so, but you should never expect it to be turned into Diablo II.

no hd veriosn ok, but make MORE DIABLO IN DIABLO JESUS FRAKING CHRIST :D
Reply Quote
Very extensive list, I can see that a lot of thought has gone into this and I feel it right to acknowledge that :-)

I am unfortunately not able to make comments on each individual point though, but as we have seen many of these points (or similar ones at least) posted before, I can say that we are taking them to heart... It is important that you guys are aware that big changes and improvements takes time, so we will have to prioritise things on what we can be implemented faster via patches and what will have to be pushed for later implementation via expansions.

Can you tell us anything about these points being passed down or shown to the developing team, and acknowledge that they have seen it? I sometimes feel there is a lack of communication between the d3 community and the developing team, so it would be nice to hear that they do something with the suggestions =)
Reply Quote
Very extensive list, I can see that a lot of thought has gone into this and I feel it right to acknowledge that :-)

I find it quite saddening to see that the promised content which this game needs for a proper time while playing, will be sold to us again through the means of an expension. Why sell a game thats incomplete, to add content with a price tag later to make it the game it was used to be? It's ridiculous.
Reply Quote

I wanted to comment on this though:
We wanted a game based on D2 with an expanding gameplay and additional (not less!) mechanics and ideas.

We stated several times right from the start that Diablo III is its own game, that we never intended for it to be an HD version of Diablo II. We acknowledge that Diablo III needs to be a better game, and we intend to make it so, but you should never expect it to be turned into Diablo II.

No one expects Diablo 3 to be a clone of 2 but many hope it will evolve into something that surpasses it. The core game play mechanics are addicting, but the game lacks depth and long term interest. There literally is no point to reaching the max level other then going "Hey brolo look at that banner!" The game has the potential to easily exceed its predecessors. There have been a great deal of support to date for the game but we haven't really gotten anything of substance on whether or not the team is heading in a favorable direction in this regard.

Some key points of that being:

*Will there ever be a point where we can invest resources into our runes and allow them to have synergies as this would dramatically improve diversity in builds and attachment to characters.

*The state of magic find... Jay said it was going to be removed from gear at some point and never spoke of it again. Is this is still true, if so whats being done to replace/compensate it? If its going to linger around why not change how it works to affect the affix rolls instead of the item class? This would cure the whole "All I find is trash" mantra the community chants.

*Legendaries... Even though MANY improvements have been made everyone is pigeonholed into a very narrow gearing path after a certain point. Are there any plans to further alter these or have they reached their final form?

*"Random" maps: while exterior environments have slight layout changes the fact that border of the map and entrance/exit always stay the same literally killed the feeling of adventure.

*New game modes, wave survival, tower climbing (This one would be the infinite dungeon and ladder system all wrapped in one convenient bundle), PvP modes like FFA, a DotA+Battlefield style system where the forces of heaven and hell clashed while players captured control points. Have any of these style of alternatives to the campaign been considered yet. This would immensely set diablo 3 apart from its forefathers and seriously boost interest in the game.

*The RMAH was a poor focal point for a game with no seasonal resets as a cash generator, have you guys considered implementing a cash shop for things like character customization (Things like hair, makeup, beards, the whole aesthetic side people love with RPG games) convenience items like +%exp tokens for X time or extra stashes would could be upgraded with more cash. The thing is a lot of people hate the idea of buying gear, but give them a chance to alter their characters or help in their storage issues and such... People drop cash like rabbits mate. Those guys that play maple story man... its mind blowing how much they spend.

There are things Diablo 3 could absorb from previous games and still remain in its own hue.

Skillbooks (D1)
Followers (D2)
Potions/elixirs (D1&D2)

Ideas are a gift, what people do with them however, is another story.

My $0.02
Reply Quote
Community
Come on Van that's not exactly what he meant, he meant that a game that is a sequel of another game SHOULD be better and should progress beyond what the other game was

If that is what he meant, then I can agree, at least for the most part :-)

In my personal opinion, a great sequel pays homage to its predecessors and at the same moves forward with new content. It is fairly normal though, that sequels replace features from predecessors with new features, and I can of course agree that it is an issue if those new features fall short of what is intended.

Are you kidding me? I paid for what YOU acknowledge as an incomplete, unsatisfactory game. And you tell me that you're going to expect me to pay for not expansion but EXPANSIONS

I think you are overreacting a little bit here to be honest, at least it feels like you are jumping to conclusions.

First of all, I acknowledged that Diablo III needs to be a better game, which corresponds with previous statements we have said about the game not being where it needs to be in regards to a long-term sustainable end-game. Nowhere did I acknowledge that the game is incomplete and nowhere did I state that you must pay for fixes and improvements! We still feel Diablo III is a good game, and despite the shaky release, we still see that there are many people out there who enjoy and play the game.

Second of all, I wasn't making any announcements about any number of patches and expansions. I was speaking in general terms when I talked about how future changes and improvements must be prioritised - Some things take longer than others, typically because they are more complex. And since complex things can take a lot of development time, said things at times require to be scheduled so they correspond with the release of an expansion, whereas the things that take less development time can be implemented faster via patches.

There have been plenty of times where we have released changes and improvements to our games alongside expansions - changes and improvements that were made available to everyone for free - where people only have to pay if they want access to for an example new zones and more levels. The World of Warcraft expansions are a great example of this approach.
Reply Quote
Just my two cents worth..

Stat Distribution:
I believe that just giving the player stat distribution points will be a massive step in the right direction. And let's be fair, this is a very simple mechanic and relatively easy to implement with minor changes to the UI. Just refund all the points gained so far to the player and give them the option to decide where to put them (the old + and - button next to each stat). And for the casual - have auto distribution (which us essentially what it is now). Stat reset would cost money, something along the lines of 5m - a nice little earner for Blizzard me thinks.

Ladders:
This gives all players something to aim for rather than just mindless grinding. It's nice to know where you rank for all your hard spent hours.

New Game Modes
e.g. "self found items only" where you cannot trade or buy items from the AH - this combined with ladders and PvP would be awesome. I understand that blizzard wouldn't make any money from this mode, but this would be for the HC crown only which is minor in comparison to the "casual".
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
22/01/2013 10:32Posted by Vaneras
In my personal opinion, a great sequel pays homage to its predecessors and at the same moves forward with new content. It is fairly normal though, that sequels replace features from predecessors with new features, and I can of course agree that it is an issue if those new features fall short of what is intended.

Exactly what I think he was trying to say also Van, I agree with this.

There have been plenty of times where we have released changes and improvements to our games alongside expansions - changes and improvements that were made available to everyone for free - where people only have to pay if they want access to for an example new zones and more levels. The World of Warcraft expansions are a great example of this approach.

I tried explain this in another post which I believe is locked (and rightly so) the guy was clearly just nip picking at your comment which is a bit low and was just scaremongering, I am however glad that you explained it so people who would be swayed by him are put at ease.

Keep posting Van we like to hear from you ;)
Reply Quote
This is not WoW and these principles cannot and will not work in D3!
Reply Quote
This is not WoW and these principles cannot and will not work in D3!
Reply Quote
I think D3 is way better than D2.

Don't "fix" anything.

I personally agree on the first part, but there is still a lot of space for improvements and I don't think copying features from d2 is the only way to do it.

agreed.
Reply Quote
I think you are overreacting a little bit here to be honest, at least it feels like you are jumping to conclusions.

First of all, I acknowledged that Diablo III needs to be a better game, which corresponds with previous statements we have said about the game not being where it needs to be in regards to a long-term sustainable end-game. Nowhere did I acknowledge that the game is incomplete and nowhere did I state that you must pay for fixes and improvements! We still feel Diablo III is a good game, and despite the shaky release, we still see that there are many people out there who enjoy and play the game.

Second of all, I wasn't making any announcements about any number of patches and expansions. I was speaking in general terms when I talked about how future changes and improvements must be prioritised - Some things take longer than others, typically because they are more complex. And since complex things can take a lot of development time, said things at times require to be scheduled so they correspond with the release of an expansion, whereas the things that take less development time can be implemented faster via patches.

I agree. But when can we see the next ptr patch? Dueling with other players only need one shot is boring. So any information about the damage reduction of the dueling area?
Edited by maximusy#1336 on 22/01/2013 10:57 GMT
Reply Quote
Community
It would be an ok game if it was called anything else than Diablo..
This is nowhere near the standards of the diablo franchise srry, you can tell us 150x more you find it a good game that won't make us change our minds you know..

As I said previously, we acknowledge that Diablo III needs to be a better game. That being said, we do not agree that Diablo III is a bad game.

I know that Diablo III is not what everyone wanted it to be, that there are some people who are so disappointed that they are only able to voice their frustrations through hyperbole, and for those people there is little I can do or say to help ease their minds.

All I can say is that we are trying to make Diablo III the best game that it can be, but some things take more times to improve than others. I totally understand if this is hard to accept for some people.
Reply Quote
Lots of good points a long the way, but to address the OP....

Sorry, but a lot of the good in your post is undone by a metric ton of non-sensical points.

I will list the good (all been said before) and ignore the garbage. That way I have to list less from your original post...

- Freely use WP’s between acts.
- Titles for completing difficulties.
- Identify all.
- Monsters having varying resistances.
- Ethereal items.
- Enhanced damage to some gear.
- Bring back a game lobby.
- Mob density increased in multiplayer
- Re-work the whole main stat issue.
- Skill points distributed by player (to simply increase % dmg done on a skill or duration etc)
- Attribute points distributed by player.
- Attribute requirement for certain gear types.
- Resistances vs Elemental/Magical forces / Armour vs Physical Damage
- Random environment generation
- Act 4 is merely an afterthought.
- Game should be darker.

Aside of all the above and instead of pipe dreams.... I'd simply like to know when 1.07 is gonna hit properly :)
Reply Quote
I don't understand how the community managers around here can keep their calm with how rude some of the people on this forum are.

Diablo III is a fantastic game and there are features that I do not like that could be improved upon, but that can be said for a large amount of games. The fact that we are receiving so many patches with so much extra content for free is fantastic and honestly I would love to hear some of the ideas they have for future patches even if they are just current discussions that may face tons of iterations and possibly cut completely.

I think Blizzard are a very competent company at game development and for those that watched the StarCraft cinematic today and all of the Diablo Cinematic, this company is capable of amazing things and I believe that they will do what they can to amend issues in this game as quickly as they can.
Reply Quote
Just my two cents worth..

Stat Distribution:
I believe that just giving the player stat distribution points will be a massive step in the right direction. And let's be fair, this is a very simple mechanic and relatively easy to implement with minor changes to the UI. Just refund all the points gained so far to the player and give them the option to decide where to put them (the old + and - button next to each stat). And for the casual - have auto distribution (which us essentially what it is now). Stat reset would cost money, something along the lines of 5m - a nice little earner for Blizzard me thinks.

Ladders:
This gives all players something to aim for rather than just mindless grinding. It's nice to know where you rank for all your hard spent hours.

New Game Modes
e.g. "self found items only" where you cannot trade or buy items from the AH - this combined with ladders and PvP would be awesome. I understand that blizzard wouldn't make any money from this mode, but this would be for the HC crown only which is minor in comparison to the "casual".

I dont agree stats with stat points. Blizzard stated at the beginning why they not letting this into action and this was right.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]