Diablo® III

Payments

Hi,please i have one question. Is it legal buying gold or items in online gold shops like <snip>.com or <snip>.com etc.?
Im affraid, I should get a ban if i use it. They have about 30% and more better prizes for buying gold than official RMAH from Blizzard.Thnx.
Edited by Takralus on 23/01/2013 10:50 GMT
Reply Quote
Community
In short, no, you are not allowed to do so. Check the Terms of Use for more info:

14. Ownership of Loot. You agree that:
A. Blizzard owns or has the right to use all of the Loot, as well as all of the characters and content that appears in Diablo III.
B. You do not own any of the Loot, characters or other content that appears in Diablo III and that you have no right or title in or to any of the Loot, other than the license to use any Loot granted to you by Blizzard, with the game and the Auction House.
C. You are not allowed to sell, trade or somehow transfer Loot, characters or any other Diablo III content outside of Diablo III or the Auction House.
Reply Quote
Hi,please i have one question. Is it legal buying gold or items in online gold shops like <snip>.com or <snip>.com etc.?
Im affraid, I should get a ban if i use it. They have about 30% and more better prizes for buying gold than official RMAH from Blizzard.Thnx.

26cents/1kk are very cheap, use the rmah if you really need gold. The companies outside are only scammers/hackers and of course as the blue said, it is not allowed by the rules to buy gold and items from them.
Edited by Takralus on 23/01/2013 10:51 GMT
Reply Quote
Edit out URLS from the original post imo. I'd say it's masked spam/advertisement.
Reply Quote
In short, no, you are not allowed to do so. Check the [url="http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/legal/d3rmah_tou.html"]Terms of Use[/url] for more info:

B. You do not own any of the Loot, characters or other content that appears in Diablo III and that you have no right or title in or to any of the Loot, other than the license to use any Loot granted to you by Blizzard, with the game and the Auction House.
[/b].

Well this is awkward.
I recall seeing a box clearly stating "Your loot is your own." yesterday when joining a group game in Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
how can these sites exist ? you don't sue them or anything ? their botting ruins the economy

just want to know what you do against them no offense
Reply Quote
In short, no, you are not allowed to do so. Check the [url="http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/legal/d3rmah_tou.html"]Terms of Use[/url] for more info:

A. Blizzard owns or has the right to use all of the Loot, as well as all of the characters and content that appears in Diablo III.
C. You are not allowed to sell, trade or somehow transfer Loot, characters or any other Diablo III content outside of Diablo III or the Auction House.

you can't sell, but u can buy right? its not legal for the website to sell but u should not get into trouble for buying
Reply Quote
how can these sites exist ? you don't sue them or anything ? their botting ruins the economy

just want to know what you do against them no offense

wouldn't be surprise if blizzard own them, and the bots that's been spamming friend request in d3 that's why they are not banned
Reply Quote

you can't sell, but u can buy right? its not legal for the website to sell but u should not get into trouble for buying

Well, yes. Much like prostitution in many countries...
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
23/01/2013 11:48Posted by MikuruBeam

Trade = buy or sell. So no, you can't buy. Plus, you're only feeding the companies that use bots/stolen accounts if you do business with these sites.
Edited by Rich#2548 on 23/01/2013 12:31 GMT
Reply Quote
C sounds wierd:

How about trade window?
Reply Quote
Well, the trade window is not "outside of Diablo III", isn't it?
Reply Quote
23/01/2013 16:57Posted by MoralHazard
Well, the trade window is not "outside of Diablo III", isn't it?

Well, I assume that if you buy an item or gold from someone (out of the game), they would use the trade window to give it to you?

I guess you're right though. The spirit of the #C is, you can't pay for something out side of the game, and then complete the transaction in the game. Seems like that'd be a good way of getting scammed anyhow :D
Edited by Talys#1767 on 23/01/2013 17:00 GMT
Reply Quote
Some sites are selling over 1000 Bil gold / Daily

How do they farm this amount ... say each acount get's banned at say 500mil gold pickup
thats got to be 2000 acounts per day being banned Yet they can sell it at 150 euro / bill makeing it 75 euro / 500mil ( acount ) take the cost of the acount 40 euros that only leaves them 35 euros for farming this 500mil and getting the acount to lvl 60 ( i know this will be done by bot but it still takes a few extra days )

so the botter makes ? 7000 euro for a days work turning on all they computers and Blizz makes 8000 euro from game sales ... each day from the 1 site

You can see why they dont close down the sites that are doing this 8 grand from 1 site and lets face it there is 100's of sites doing this

And then you get the people that use a brain cell or 2 and think well gold is 45% cheaper online meaning i can buy it and sell it via the rmah makeing blizz a extra 15%, paypal a extra 15% and the person doing all the work 15%

:-) why would there be a rush to shut them down it's a GOLD MINE !!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]