Diablo® III

Vaneras; "Wait for expansions for 'big' improvements"

(Locked)

90 Draenei Shaman
I just want to share something that was stated on a different thread by a blue. However i feel it warrants its own post.

Edit:
"if we made a mistake then I feel we've made an exceptional effort to correct it."
-- Jay Wilson in his leaving speech.

"It is important that you guys are aware that big changes and improvements takes time, so we will have to prioritise things on what we can be implemented faster via patches and what will have to be pushed for later implementation via expansions."
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6444144744?page=5#93

I'd like to know what people think about this statement.

Given that the PVP blizzard were working on since release ended up being scrapped and then thrown in anyway, i have no confidence whatsoever in the designers of this game to create a decent expansion, or even deliver on the promises that they made. Promises were broken on release, why should we believe the expansion will be otherwise until this game is satisfactory and includes the things we were promised?

My opinion;
This is a very arrogant attitude of "people will buy whatever we give them."

Whether you are a simple customer, fan boy, a hater or an apologist..... This game is an incomplete game - we were promised things that we never got. That we can all agree on.

Why are we expected to pay for improvements, then? Exceptional effort whaaat?

This isn't a question of whether the game will become fun with an expansion or not. I simply want to know what people think of being asked to pay for improvements, when even the design team has acknowledged that improvements are required.

You were promised an automatic car, but you get a manual and it's a different colour to what is promised. The dealer says "upgrade your car and you might get a manual next time, but i might be able to get you one nearly the same colour as you want in a few months." -- Would you believe him? Would you be daft enough to pay him and hope?
Edited by vladdrac#2295 on 22/01/2013 10:31 GMT
90 Draenei Shaman
Totally open to logic and good opinions here. It isn't just a hate thread.

It is my understanding from her/his post that we are to pay for things we didn't receive in the first place, and that is why i am unhappy. Make me happier :)
I bought the game to play a dungeon crawler that didn't force me to think because sometimes I just want to mindlessly kill things while taking a break for the almost never ending studying that college brings. In this regard, the game delivered.
90 Draenei Shaman
I bought the game based on what was promised, @deltaechoe.. unfortunately in that regard it did not deliver :(
Blizzard is now part of a multinational corporation (Activision), and they are known for:

- not being organized efficiently because they must follow strict protocols
- are driven by shareholders, which means a milking mechanic against the customers is a must
- will make any kind of compromise as long as they can stay in business

Did you expect anything less?
I bought the game based on what was promised

Please tell me what was promised to you?
You make a great point. Should we be expected to pay for an expansion that "may" contain the content we were promised for the original game?

Definitely no.
22/01/2013 10:10Posted by Skeletor
wtf with you? u dont saw any promises from blizzcon 2011? near premiere? cut content on premiere? fail changes? ARE you BLIND?
Please link where a member of the development team expressly promises that a feature will definitely appear in Diablo 3.
Edited by Skeletor#2494 on 22/01/2013 10:23 GMT
90 Draenei Shaman
22/01/2013 10:10Posted by Skeletor
I bought the game based on what was promised

3 letter answer if you like - pvp.

I'm not going to do your research for you. There are more answers.

"I know some of you feel we fell short of our promise to release the game "when it's ready." While we're not perfect, we try to make the best decisions we can with the information and knowledge we have at the time. That doesn't mean we always make the right decisions, but if we made a mistake then I feel we've made an exceptional effort to correct it. "
-- Jay Wilson, 4 days ago.

So an exceptional effort is 'big changes come with expansions'? There's another lie for you right there. But he's left now, so that doesn't count, i'm sure.

There's more; do your own research.

Also see @sheila's post.
Edited by vladdrac#2295 on 22/01/2013 10:24 GMT
3 letter answer if you like - pvp.

I'm not going to do your research for you. There are more answers.

"I know some of you feel we fell short of our promise to release the game "when it's ready." While we're not perfect, we try to make the best decisions we can with the information and knowledge we have at the time. That doesn't mean we always make the right decisions, but if we made a mistake then I feel we've made an exceptional effort to correct it. "
-- Jay Wilson, 4 days ago.

There's more; do your own research.

So you're using someone's subjective opinion of whether this game was released ready or not as an example of being promised something.

Edited for spelling.
Edited by Skeletor#2494 on 22/01/2013 10:28 GMT
90 Draenei Shaman
So your using someone's subjective opinion of whether this game was released ready or not as an example of being promised something.

Firstly, it's "you're", because it's a shortening of "you are".

Secondly, i just answered your question and you ignored it, instead choosing to refer to a quote i added to lend credence to the idea that promises were not delivered on - a quote by Jay Wilson stating exceptional effort when what gets delivered are minimum effort, maximum cash.

I'm not having the topic derailed. Onward opinions!
Edited by vladdrac#2295 on 22/01/2013 10:28 GMT
That is not what he said at all you are twisting his words, he said they had to priorities work and that some of the bigger changes would be in the expansion.

Changes could be:

- More items
- More classes
- New Areas
- New item types

Those are big changes and again you are nip picking at his post, maybe this is why we get so few posts from them because all people do is nit pick for no good reason.
Secondly, i just answered your question and you ignored it, instead choosing to refer to a quote i added to lend credence to the idea that promises were not delivered on.

I didn't ignore your post, i'm just wanting you to give an actual promise that was made about the game.
Whether you are a simple customer, fan boy, a hater or an apologist..... This game is an incomplete game - we were promised things that we never got. That we can all agree on.

As you state here that things were promised for the game but yet you won't give examples.
Community
Locking this thread as my post is taken out of context... I wasn't talking about making people pay for fixes and improvements, I was talking about having to prioritise when to release which improvements as some require more development time than others.

Please read my post here:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6444144744?page=6#109
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]