Diablo® III

Would you buy the expansion?

If the expansion is just more of the same = Nope.

If the expansion actually holds gamemechanics and content that ensures the longevity of the game = Yes.
Reply Quote
Not sure atm. Current game state duping and botters and all, dont feel worth paying for more might be disappointments.
Edited by Encore#2369 on 03/02/2013 16:27 GMT
Reply Quote
After the release of D3 im gonna stop preordering any more blizzard games, im going to buy it later on when i know if its good or not and its gotten much cheaper to buy.
Reply Quote
No chance at all.
Reply Quote
Of course.

I like Diablo III, and Blizzard tend to make good expansions :)

But who knows, maybe Blizzard will offer the expansion through some deal like the Annual Pass for WoW. Who knows :P
Reply Quote
I will because I want to like this game and I have still hope.

Still, I know an expansion won't change the core problem with the game. They keep repeating they have a certain " design" for D3, but for me this design doesn't work. They would mainly have to change the skill system and the drop system: two huge core aspects of the game which currently have 0 depth. And since I know they are trying to appeal to new gamers, those changes won't be in the expansion.
Reply Quote
i would, d3 isnt perfect but d2 wasnt eather... i dont think d3 is a !@#$y game it's a disapointment but it isnt a bad game and i think expansion will make it better
Reply Quote
without customization stasts/skills, i won't ...

i will look on youtube before, wait & see ...
Reply Quote
I will buy it can't wait for the story and new content hope they don't add lvls and paladin that would suck i like to see necromancer come back with an army of skeletons(edit: a small army that moves in formation and uses tactics). or demon summoner would be cool. the wd is really cool and all but it need an army of up to 10 at least but at all time! you could give every class like a 5min cooldown skill or things like alowing barbarian to wield 2 2handed swords would be insane give wizard an ultimate storm ability and the monk seventyseven sided strike^^. Maybe like a quest specific skill that all classes get! like using diablo's powers or smtn :o awesome
I'm counting on you guys blizzard!
Edited by Buu#2303 on 03/02/2013 18:58 GMT
Reply Quote
Maybe, but not for a few months after it was released if at all. However, if character customisation or the necromancer returned, that's different ;)
Reply Quote
If I act rational I must say NO.

Considering I have played 2-3 computer games for 8 years, I may buy it anyway just to complete story and history of myself with diablo eventhough story of D3 is very very bad.

(By the way I think the story of diablo 3 is very bad and it is written without the acknowledgement of diablo gamers. Considering that most of the D3 players are over 22. I am 28 ... ).
Reply Quote
Yes, I will buy it.
Reply Quote
Of course.

Any Blizzard game is worth 20 other games and then add some.

Even if you don't like the genre (like SC2) it needs to be experienced.
Reply Quote
No way. Blizzard is now on my black list.

I'm afraid myself and most of my former Wow addicts, annual pass members etc are also of this mind set.

As soon as Activision introduced the RMAH, the entire focus of this supposedly LOOT based game shifted to botting / scamming / flipping ah items etc as there is no reasonable way to LOOT end game items any more, or even enough gold to BUY them at the ah!

So no, sadly I mourn the loss of the once mighty Blizzard North dev team and Brand Blizzard and feel only loathing and contempt for Mr. Kotic's (Activision) greed, putting revenue generation and income streams over gaming excellence...
$

Stop the communist talk. You ALL will be in line at any midnight release, be that standing before a shop or sitting in front of your screens.

it is time people realise the AH is just an extra you don't even need to use if you don't want to.

AND finally you can SELL things for once.
Edited by BenBoske#2907 on 03/02/2013 20:25 GMT
Reply Quote
What is blizz good at. Copying Ideas or recycling old ones. There also good at new stuff but I bet they will give the game a massive overhaul on the Expansion.

F2P games are gonna be some tough competition and they should have learned there lesson with this game.

So if they change this then HELL YEAH i will buy it. If they are stupid and keep it the same as now then NO WAY!!!!

so 50/50 lol
Edited by Melon#2562 on 03/02/2013 21:05 GMT
Reply Quote
lawl, yeah ^^
Reply Quote
I don't know.
It will depend on what it offers.
Reply Quote
For me, it depends on what the expansion offers.

If its an expansion that essentially brings D3 to the quality that was expected, then no I wont buy it. I will just quit. There is no chance that I will paying for an expansion that will bring the game to the standard so many players expected from day 1 of the original release.

I have also noted how painfully slow these (minor) patches are, as well as how they are drip feeding the community with them, instead of fixing the core things first. Like improving monster density in acts 1, 2 and 4.
Reply Quote
If they fix the issues i have with the game, certainly. I'm a very forgiving person.
Reply Quote
For me, it depends on what the expansion offers.

If its an expansion that essentially brings D3 to the quality that was expected, then no I wont buy it. I will just quit. There is no chance that I will paying for an expansion that will bring the game to the standard so many players expected from day 1 of the original release.

I have also noted how painfully slow these (minor) patches are, as well as how they are drip feeding the community with them, instead of fixing the core things first. Like improving monster density in acts 1, 2 and 4.

Yeah why do they pile up all the fixes in stages and then roll it out all at once, why don't just patch it weekly and then give the patch notes what is all fixed.

No, even let us anticipate the patch like they did with the game info pre-launch. There is no use in hyping a patch, and screw the PTR just launch it already and fix things later.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]