Diablo® III

Would you buy the expansion?

The problem is that Blizzard seems to be nerfing and simplifying the game over time, no more death timer in 1.07, what a joke seriously? In D2 one death could negate a whole afternoon of farming and today's players can't even wait a few seconds to rez?

Unless Blizzard changes their policy, an expansion isn't gonna help much.

Easy to learn, hard to master, that was Blizzard's stance. D3 is rather easy to learn and easy to master.
Edited by Flammy#2999 on 05/02/2013 10:08 GMT
Reply Quote
Since i am a HC player and only, the answer is easy.

NO, till they fix their problematic servers and/or find a way to restore deaths caused from THEIR side.
Reply Quote
05/02/2013 09:55Posted by Vaneras
it waaaay to soon for an expansion

Hmm... that really depends on who you ask ;-)

Sign of release? *giggle*

Yes. I will. I will buy it and play it. Whatever it is, whenever it ships. Can't get enough of this wonderful game :)
Reply Quote

For me, it depends on what the expansion offers.

This is a very sensible stance to take I think, especially for those who are sceptical about the expansion and the future of Diablo III. Reading reviews and viewing gameplay footage and streams beforehand should be a good help for evaluating whether or not the expansion will be to your liking.

It is not a bad idea to wait and see before making your decision, especially since the contents of the expansions have yet to be revealed :-)

Voice of reason.
Reply Quote
Depends of the content.
Reply Quote
I recently realised that I despise of corporations and everything they stand for

I'd rather pay 200$ to support a company like GGG because their main focus is creating a brilliant game unlike Blizzard who only cares about sales.

I'm done with WoW, I'm done with Starcraft, I'm done with Diablo, I'm not gonna wait for Titan

I'm done with Blizzard - they are on my hate list along with EA
Reply Quote
Yes!
Good game!

people expected way to much from d3, thats why everyone is whining, overall most people have more than 500 hours play time, which is actually pretty much :)
Reply Quote
Wait, what? Let them fix this game first to Blizzard standards before even thinking about expansion.
Reply Quote
ill pay! but pls drop somthing soon!!! grinding act 3 is just......
Reply Quote

This is a very sensible stance to take I think, especially for those who are sceptical about the expansion and the future of Diablo III. Reading reviews and viewing gameplay footage and streams beforehand should be a good help for evaluating whether or not the expansion will be to your liking.

It is not a bad idea to wait and see before making your decision, especially since the contents of the expansions have yet to be revealed :-)

You advise to wait and see before making a decision... it's not going to be the same case scenario where we are shown trailers of lots of excellent things and exciting content, only to have lots of it removed on release? I don't want to see false advertisement again!
Reply Quote

Thanks for the reply Vaneras. Appreciated. I would just like to make clear though, that whilst I have enjoyed D3 so far. There were (and still are) so many things that need improving. Most of which, could have been done pre-release if you guys had just spent an extra 6 months testing. Most of the community I know through gaming have unfortunately quit playing because of this. Some after a couple of weeks from release and others more recently. I can't help but think that if the game was released at the standard its at now, it would have retained a lot more players. (AH and RMAH issues aside).

You advise to wait and see before making a decision... it's not going to be the same case scenario where we are shown trailers of lots of excellent things and exciting content, only to have lots of it removed on release? I don't want to see false advertisement again![/quote]

Also agreed on this. It's left a somewhat sour taste with a hell of a lot of people and fueled the fire that is prevalent today. (excuse the puns) So I hope you have learned from this experience and don't make the same mistakes again as a company or your reputation will really take a battering.
Reply Quote
Community
05/02/2013 12:57Posted by pawlie
You advise to wait and see before making a decision... it's not going to be the same case scenario where we are shown trailers of lots of excellent things and exciting content, only to have lots of it removed on release?

I do not think that it will be the same case scenario at all if those people who are concerned or sceptical about the expansion wait until after it has been released before they make their decision.

In regards to your concern about removed content - I can agree that it is unfortunate when this happens; it is a sucky feeling indeed when content you were personally looking forward to doesn’t happen as originally announced. It is impossible for me to predict if the developers will feel it necessary to remove or postpone content for one reason or another after we have already shown it in previews or sneak-peaks, but I am confident that we will do our best to accurately show you guys what the expansion is about and how it plays before it is released.

In general though, the impressions and reviews of any game or expansion are typically most accurate after release, which is due to the fact that a greater number of people get their hands on them to do appraisals or gameplay videos and streams. So again, if you are concerned about the Diablo III expansion, if you are not sure that it will be to your liking, then the logical option would be to wait and see how it plays out before deciding if you will be getting it or not :-)
Reply Quote
ehm.... NO!!!!
Reply Quote
I will buy it blindly just to kill new demons and Adria.

Even if I will play it less than 50h, it's still more cost-effective than a Vodka. ^^
Reply Quote

We still seem pretty far off from an expansion though. Devs are still working hard to bring us features in the game which should have been there at launch, so how can we expect them to push out additional content when their still trying to push out the content they planned for us to have at release nearly a year ago?

Not considering the roadblocks within the diablo franchise, blizzard marketers also need to consider the timing of a release, hype build up, etc. SC2 HotS has aimed for a march release, so one could logically assume that if there were an expansion it wouldn't be for another year at least. Considering this, it's going to be an uphill battle to keep D3 popular and alive long enough for the expansion to be successful.

TL;DR : Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see an expansion, and would buy it if one comes out. If devs want to follow the footsteps of the extremely successful Diablo 2, releasing it this year wouldn't be considered an impossible time distance from release. The only things that make me skeptical is that blizzard already has their hands full with SC2, and D3 has been struggling for nearly a year already with the content they should have had on release.
Reply Quote
I would if it contained more of the content I expected when I first bought this game.

I don't need to say what this is here, just read the last years forums, just about all the so called "whiners" had it about right.
Reply Quote
No more pre-orders from Blizzard.
Will wait for gaming site to review it,then spend some time reading what players think on the forums and then...we`ll see! (TM)
Reply Quote
The only reason for me to buy a Diablo 3 expansion would be to take a $hit on it, but i'm not quite sure that my $hit would deserve that.
Edited by Deate#2709 on 05/02/2013 18:33 GMT
Reply Quote
No way, but then again I will probably get it for free again since I have so many friends ~~
Reply Quote
05/02/2013 16:58Posted by KillaKhan
No more pre-orders from Blizzard.

This, and what Vaneras said (about the same; just using different words).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]