Diablo® III

Legendary drop rate reduced?

Hello fellow gamers

I've recently over the past maybe 1½ week realised that the drop rate of legendaries are reduced? Can't find anything official on www.diablo3.com but i can surely feel it.
Anyone else noticed this? ( Please note that i am level 100 paragon)

On my way to 100 paragon i did statistics and i have on one day found up to 15 legendaries a day at this point (this was around december.)
Today ive played pretty much all day, both on my 32paragon hardcore WD, my 19Paragon DH softcore and at last also on my 100 paragon, several runs on each character and yet, no legendary. This isnt the first they i experience this.
It can't be me just beeing unlucky, can it? Please let me know if you feel the same, i just find it VERY weird since i can't see the logic of blizzard reducing it again, it will make even more players quit in rage.

Reason why it will make people quit:
At start, legendaries were REALLY rare. It could take up to 30-40k trash kills in between a legendary drop, BUT when you got the drop, it was almost always worth quite a bit!
THEN they increased the drop rate of legendaries / set items around the patch with the hellfire/uber realease and they started dropping really fast ( obviously since they rained into every players inventory) & at this point after a while, u could find many legendaries a day, but not a single one of em beeing worth anything at all, so basicly u just brimstoned it.
NOW i rarely find legendaries, did they reduce the drop chance? if yes WHY? Now the legendaries/set items are WAY down in price and we are back to start, maybe not as many kills before a drop, but quite a bit. And when you get the drop, its worth nothing but a brimstone because people been getting tons of legendary drops over the past months. So why would blizzard reduce the drop rate of legendaries? I dont see the logic part in it? Now people can kill maybe 10k trash before they get a legendary drop that will most likely be a brimstone anyway, so why?

Im sure im not alone on this hinch since a few mates of mine (100paragons) feel the same, that the drop rate has been reduced. :(

Let me know what you think? / Sky Adict ^_^
Reply Quote
Tho I'm not paragon lvl 100 yet, but I havent noticed that legendary drops have been reduced. Actually maybe 80% of legendary drops have been legendary sets lately and not bad ones either. There are times I get no drops in like 6-7 runs but thats normal it happens, People say different things and have different experience cause it's random, it have to be.

Ps: But I shall remember your words as I'm lvling higher, if the drop rate decrases there might be something to it,
Edited by Corpan#2713 on 02/02/2013 22:21 GMT
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 21:50Posted by SkyAdict
It can't be me just beeing unlucky, can it?

Yes, it can. That's the nature of RNG.
Reply Quote
Hi SkyAdict,
we are a party od lvl70-85 paragons. We became about 13-15 legs per day in december, each of us. After apx. 15. january we become hardly 2 crappy sets/legs per evening (mostly at the begining of the game, even without NV buffs). And no one wants to play longer than that. We tried to play short games (new game = new ID = other chance to drop theory), long games (whole acts), weak/strong items and low/high dps farming (power level curve theory presented by blizz), max MF / some MF / no MF, singleplayer / full multi, MP1-MP8,..nothing changed the situation.
We can 100% confirm your drop rate experience and we are 100% sure, that the parameters were changed. :(
Edited by mill#2801 on 03/02/2013 12:15 GMT
Reply Quote
they drop rates havent been changed,i myself get around 12-20 legens a day,but from time to time i can go like a couple of days and only get a few combined,every one has dry streaks.
Reply Quote
I got 5 since yesterday, which is a bit more than I usually get. Didn't get any last weekend, though, and haven't played in the week in between, but the drop rate seems as random as usual, I'd say.

Playing as a monk, I didn't much appreciate the 5 drops since yesterday, though. All of them were either for wizard only, or intelligence based. Not exactly in line with the 1.0.5 patch intention that more drops should be usable by the class you play...
Reply Quote
Thanks mill, just what i wanted to hear. I am not alone ;)
Reply Quote
Well all i noticed so far is that more closer i get t olvl 100PL less legi i drop but on other hand they r gtting better and better .
Most drops i got at lvl 20-40PL there was times when got 40 in like 6h now its 6h for maybe 2 ...
The more i play less i get the higer paragon i get less i get seems kinda bad....
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 22:55Posted by Meteorblade
It can't be me just beeing unlucky, can it?

Yes, it can. That's the nature of RNG.

Just like the game, boring. <yawn>
Reply Quote
Hmm maybe, dunno ^^
Reply Quote
Just like the game, boring. <yawn>

Suit yourself, but in a binomial distribution, whilst most people will be in the middle percentiles, someone unlucky has to be in the 1st percentile and someone lucky has to be in the 100th percentile. What this means is that for every player who complains that their loot drops have completely dried up, there'll be an equal and opposite player for whom loot will appear to be raining down without end.
Edited by Meteorblade#2266 on 03/02/2013 05:10 GMT
Reply Quote
600MF no legend droop in 120min yes 1+ for you mate leg droop is low those 3days 100%.
Reply Quote
Yes, I can confirm, drop rate were changed about 1 month ago. No information about that from devs.

Earn more parogon and MF, get less rewards. Simple philosophy from Bli$$ard.
Edited by kored#2837 on 03/02/2013 14:36 GMT
Reply Quote
Had a lull in the past week, myself
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 04:35Posted by Meteorblade
Suit yourself, but in a binomial distribution, whilst most people will be in the middle percentiles, someone unlucky has to be in the 1st percentile and someone lucky has to be in the 100th percentile. What this means is that for every player who complains that their loot drops have completely dried up, there'll be an equal and opposite player for whom loot will appear to be raining down without end.

Thats why this game has failed.
Reply Quote
I just hope you guys have voted for my "ask the devs" question about the legendary drop chance.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6444685753?page=1#12
Reply Quote
I agree... The chance to get a legendary, or even yellow amulet or ring was decreased. Its even worse, for me, the progress from 30th to 83rd paragon level made my drop even worse, so my motivation to play also went down. Im not playing so much, because it does not make sense now.
In few days, I will make my 100 paragon 4-times faster than now...
Reply Quote
With less players playing Blizzard has nerfed loot drops in favor of the Auction house. To keep revenue up with less players you cant drop them items they could simply purchase.

I feel Ive played for nothing that it was fixed all the time to get me to buy stuff. I have never received a legendary or even a valuable item since I have played this game. There is not point looking for loot.
Reply Quote
They aren't going to announce that they are attempting to increase revenue by eliminating good loot. Now we are left with spending hours getting the same Barbarian belt over and over.

I can no longer recommend this game to friends based on the fact there is nothing to play for any longer, incessant looting will get you nothing.
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 17:31Posted by Postnephron
With less players playing Blizzard has nerfed loot drops in favor of the Auction house. To keep revenue up with less players you cant drop them items they could simply purchase.

This^^

03/02/2013 17:31Posted by Postnephron
I feel Ive played for nothing that it was fixed all the time to get me to buy stuff.

You feel abused. So do many others. Its an effin disgrace.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]