Diablo® III

Legendary drop rate reduced?

With one day exception (2 weeks ago, Saturday, got 6 legs in 3 hours), I can also confirm that drop rates has been decreased. Yesterday, in 6 hours playing at MF between 300 and 450, I got 1 leg, a frostburn, of course. I am very disappointed in this...

I do think the drop rates decrease while the PTR is online, this is what happened in the past every time. They will increase after the update. So use this time to hellfire ring farming keys, and to fast level other chars on MP0. This is what I do. I will be grinding after the patch.
Reply Quote
from time to time I get the same impression.
a lot of runs I get nothing. a lot of runs I get a few rares and a lot of elites only drops one rare.
then, one day I make a run that gives me 4 or 5 legendaries (mostly crap).
then, again famine for several days.
and this cycle repeats over and over.

edit: MP0-3 with my plvl90 WD with almost 400%MF at NV5.
Edited by Zbvodz#2275 on 04/02/2013 14:26 GMT
Reply Quote
I have had lots of Legendary drops but never a set item. I normally get one Legendary drop per day, however over the last few days nothing....RNG
Reply Quote
Funny... I think around 30% of the legendary drops I get are set items. one day - as far as I remember, six weeks ago - all the 5 legendaries I got in that day were set items.

damn RNG :P
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 14:33Posted by kored
Yes, I can confirm, drop rate were changed about 1 month ago. No information about that from devs.

How the fcuk can you quantify this statement??!
Reply Quote
04/02/2013 15:45Posted by Arbeia
Yes, I can confirm, drop rate were changed about 1 month ago. No information about that from devs.

How the fcuk can you quantify this statement??!

this forum is awesome, Arbeia :D
Reply Quote
my own expirience, nothing more.
Reply Quote
Not only for your elite Paragon Characters, but for under-60s as well.. Rare items drop more than rare. :-)
Reply Quote
It is ok for legendaries to be very rare. It is not ok that once they drop, they have very high chance to be crap. In most cases legendaries will be crap. Due to how rng/affixes work it is very possible you will never have a legendary drop that you could use on your character.
Reply Quote
I have the same problem for a few days since I reached 100lvl
Reply Quote
Community
02/02/2013 22:55Posted by Meteorblade
It can't be me just beeing unlucky, can it?

Yes, it can. That's the nature of RNG.

Pretty much this... Bad luck is bad :-(

If we were to change the droprates, we would first make an announcement about it - just like we have done in the past whenever there we made changes of this nature.
Reply Quote
05/02/2013 10:20Posted by Vaneras

Yes, it can. That's the nature of RNG.

Pretty much this... [url="http://i.imgur.com/Di4XpcW.jpg"]Bad luck is bad[/url] :-(

If we were to change the droprates, we would first make an announcement about it - just like we have done in the past whenever there we made changes of this nature.

First of all, love the meme. Did you make that?

Second of all, have you noticed all those conspiracy theory threads there has been the last couple of months?
- A lot of people won't believe you when you say that you would make an announcement before nerfing something :-P
Reply Quote
I played for like 3 hrs yesterday(HC) and found 4 legendaries (2 set item, 3 legendaries in same run) with 169% mf with buff. Before that I got 1 legendary in 3-4 act 3runs. RNG all the way.
Reply Quote
Yesterday I found 6 legendaries. In less than 3hours of gameplay. (MF around 200).

Stop these kinds of threads already.
Reply Quote
Community
05/02/2013 10:23Posted by Failboat
First of all, love the meme. Did you make that?

I did indeed. I think Bad Luck Brian is the perfect person to illustrate the nature of RNG ;-)

Second of all, have you noticed all those conspiracy theory threads there has been the last couple of months?
- A lot of people won't believe you when you say that you would make an announcement before nerfing something :-P

I have noticed those threads indeed, and I have also noticed the replies in those very threads from people who have had good luck with their drops. :-)
Reply Quote
Who cares any more. :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]