Diablo® III

Dueling Re-Named to Brawling

Community
After reviewing feedback from the PTR, we've decided to rename dueling to brawling — a title we feel is much more fitting for the system. Rather than wait to announce this in the official patch notes, we wanted to let players know ahead of time, in part to reduce confusion and in part to explain the reasons behind the change.

While the system we designed for 1.0.7 was developed in order to give players a fun way to beat each other up in Diablo III, we've come to realize that "dueling" wasn’t the best name for it. Sure, it allows players to pummel, stomp, immolate, and hex fellow Nephalem (over and over again, if they so choose), but it's not a traditional one-on-one duel. It’s something much more wild and open-ended, where you can engage in 3-person and even 4-person free-for-all skirmishes with few restrictions. The system is all about letting players fight for the sake of fighting—you don’t need to worry about objectives, rewards, or scoring, and that’s exactly what we love about it. But again, that’s not really dueling; it’s brawling!

There's a lot of power in a name, and we think that the idea of a brawl more accurately describes the system we created. Heck, the NPC we added is even called Nek the Brawler, so we feel this re-branding must have been foretold in one of Deckard Cain’s prophecies. :)

This change will be reflected in the patch notes, as well as in all related game text fields once 1.0.7 ships. We’ve no further changes planned for brawling at this time, but we’re excited to see what kind of havoc players will wreak in the Scorched Chapel once the patch is released.
Reply Quote
Gigantic Ripped Zangief - "Hey kid, do you want to duel?"
Small Nerd (me?) - "Uh, no thanks mister! You are far too strong and dangerous for me to contend with!"
Gigantic Ripped Zangief - "How about a brawl instead?"
Small Nerd (me?) - "Definitely! I don't mind getting my bum handed back to me by a vastly advantaged enemy as long as it's not called a duel! It's the semantics that i find important!"

I find this comical. Changing the NAME after the complaints?

I wonder if the feedback was "change the name!!!" or "change the system, it's unfair!!!"

(Expected forum ban/post deleted any time soon)
Edited by vladdrac#2295 on 11/02/2013 13:46 GMT
Reply Quote
Fascinating. I think rename change everything.
Reply Quote
i dont think players care about how its named, i think we care more about how its done...
Edited by Avenlord#2162 on 11/02/2013 13:43 GMT
Reply Quote
The best trolls this side of the galaxy are working for Blizzard.
Reply Quote
Brawling, aha so that is the new name (excuse) for a completly boring and broken PvP-System.

Why don`t you rename Diablo 3, that will resolve all your problems in seconds!
Reply Quote
Barfing would sound even better imo.
Reply Quote
I find it both funny and sad that it took you 2 days to copy/paste this over from the US forums.

Granted, it was weekend in between, but then again it's nearing end of work day here in Europe today.

Eh...
Reply Quote
You needed 2 days to copy/paste https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7864606652

Blizzard:

- 2 days to copy/paste,
- 11 days to answer 10 questions,

Now I see why other things are taking so long to go live.
Reply Quote
gief patch plx
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Hunter
Okay Nakariot, true about the power in a name, so lets rename the Cow level to Brawling level and give the Cowlvl back to us, i have seen it before but here it is again, and give us two portals to the Cowlvl, one for the people who want to fight the Cows and one portal in wich you can transform to a Cow yourself to brawl the players who will be surprised if they brawl a Cow which is controlled by an other player. Lets Brawl.lol
Edited by MrDinges#2994 on 11/02/2013 15:31 GMT
Reply Quote
Plz plz, plz!! Just add an option to disable/enable who we want to be able to hit! In doing this we would be able to do 2v2s, or 1v1s where there are 2 people watching the fight.
This would be very nice to have if someone who streams would want to organize a tournament and comment the duel, for example.

Plz plz plz, do this!
Reply Quote
You needed 2 days to copy/paste https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7864606652

Blizzard:

- 2 days to copy/paste,
- 11 days to answer 10 questions,

Now I see why other things are taking so long to go live.

also took 12 years to create common game d3
Reply Quote
11/02/2013 13:50Posted by JBWWilling
The best trolls this side of the galaxy are working for Blizzard.

cute
Reply Quote
Who cares?? seriuosly. Relaease the god damn patch already!!
Reply Quote
by the way, whats up with all the disconnects???? cant even log in..................
Reply Quote
Americas server got all the attention... we are last to be informed, why bothered? would appreciate if there is a way I can transfer the account to the Americas. Europe server is always neglected and always left behind since launching diablo there was no fairness between servers ( true story ).
Reply Quote
Americas server got all the attention... we are last to be informed, why bothered? would appreciate if there is a way I can transfer the account to the Americas. Europe server is always neglected and always left behind since launching diablo there was no fairness between servers ( true story ).

We in the EU are considered mushrooms by Activision-Blizzard it would seem...

...(Kept in the dark and fed excrement)...

So sad, but true.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]