Diablo® III

Best Build for Mp5/mp6

Just a simple question, with my equip what is the best build for mp5.mp6 for farm project? naturally i will change Helm socket for Vit and the exp ring.
Thx
Reply Quote
When I go high mp I have similar stats as yours (that's with 6 different items than my current profile shows).
Farming and mp2+ are things that never go together for me. Don't know any DH that go farming mp5/6 for that matter.
Except for keys.
There are lots of topics on the subject in the forum.
For one it's not effective.
Second - you need VERY good gear.
To play mp6 I think is reasonable, but to farm ..... well it just does not make sence.
+900% HP and +220% DMG upgrade to the monsters doesnt look good trade for the 150% MF bonus.
40% total gain on MF against 6-7 times (at least) slower "farming" ......

Imo your build is good for your project. I preffer EA for the better spread of life steal. Spike traps are too .... spiky for me - its difficult to get steady life regen from them under gloom (and I do kill myself a lot from RD with them).

Assuming you had VIT stone in helm your HP will be OK, but I will advise on more AR. For me 550+ (with perfectionist) is working well at 50k+ HP (on MP5).
Your Manti looks like some upgrade will be good thing (now it gives you 248% CHD out of 300% possible - about 50% below - that's exactly the gain from your WH belt).
Edited by Hyperion#2891 on 13/02/2013 12:42 GMT
Reply Quote
Im farming MP4 just as fast as MP0, as loong you one shoting stuff why go lower? MP5 is where i slow down a just a bit, so is not so effective as MP4, you got to find MP level that suit your gear, the sad thing is that, DH just dont got any high dmg spamming ability, to farm effective higher than MP5-6 even if you got best gear in every slot.
Reply Quote
Can you post a youtube of you oneshotting everything at mp4? If you can do an alkaizer run in 6 minutes on mp4 I'll be very impressed.
Reply Quote
Surely i can't one shot bosses and elites, but white mobs die instantly like on MP0, on elites it maybe takes few seconds more than mp0 thats normal, dont know if can make it in 6min but can do it quite fast, faster i did it on my WW barb, i use Vault+Thumble to move around and +20 discipline realy makes a difference there, as for dmg skills i use hungerring arrow+devouring for single target and elemental arrow+ball lightning for AOE dmg. In general i think it doesn't take me 25% more time to do it on MP4 or MP0 so its surely more efficient, will try to make a video but my computter is realy bad(more than 5years old). Sorry for bad English.
Reply Quote
I cant see why you would want to farm mp5/6 with that dps - it will be slow whatever you do.

Thats said, once you get to high mp (for your character), then I find bola+spike traps to be the most effective - thats what I use on mp6-10.

Also once it starts to take ages to kill stuff, and you find yourself having to dance around arcane, molten etc, and gettign vortexed, frozen etc, then switching vault to smokescreen is good - if you have enough discipline. Tumble just stops being worth haviung if the time you spend travelling between fights become far less then time spent in a fight - you may as well maximise you dps uptime in a fight by having smokescreen.
Reply Quote
All res is a big fat lie for DH...I play A3 mp10 with in between 200-400 all res (lowest res somewhere above 200, highest around 400). Focus on dps / vit / armor.
Tried spike traps, pain in the !@# to lay them precise. I use my current skill set up, only passive that I change is Tactical Advantage into Nightstalker. All with all, not really satisfied with difference between high mps and low mps. Legends drop a little more often in higher mps and yellows seem to roll higher stat points. My 2 cents...

Edit: typos.
Edited by DonCorlepown#2389 on 13/02/2013 22:34 GMT
Reply Quote
13/02/2013 19:40Posted by Devid
Surely i can't one shot bosses and elites, but white mobs die instantly like on MP0, on elites it maybe takes few seconds more than mp0 thats normal, dont know if can make it in 6min but can do it quite fast, faster i did it on my WW barb, i use Vault+Thumble to move around and +20 discipline realy makes a difference there, as for dmg skills i use hungerring arrow+devouring for single target and elemental arrow+ball lightning for AOE dmg. In general i think it doesn't take me 25% more time to do it on MP4 or MP0 so its surely more efficient, will try to make a video but my computter is realy bad(more than 5years old). Sorry for bad English.

With 250k buffed DPS you can't one-shoot white mobs on MP6.
I can boost my DPS up to 220k (gear change, archery+SA) and on MP6 1 EA or HA won't kill even the weakest white mob.
and elites will take you more than "few second more than mp0".
And with Perfectionist+Archery+SA - where from you got that disc that powers your Vault/Tumble which is highly downgraded by the lack of Tactical advantage.
on mp0-1 you can vault and run and one shot all mobs, but mp6 is completely different story.
I run mp4 with 160k DPS and if I need 3 shots to kill a thing you'll need 2 with 250k (and that's only if you are "10 yards away for SA to work").
Speaking of mp's:

Khazul up there might be able to speed trough mp4 with this 380k (respect !) DPS/53k HP/500AR/5000armor set up of his.
But for the rest of us (below 200k unbuffed for example) and greatly unbalanced because of insane prices/baddrops even mp4 is too slow.
And that's mp4 you are talking about.
You might think that mp6 is almost as mp4, but that's not the case.
OP wants to farm mp6, not mp4.
If you care to check mp4 monster has 450% more HP and mp6 has 900% more.
It means you'll need 2 x DPS to kill it in same time.
To make it simple: if you kill elite in 2 shots on mp0 then:
mp0 - 2 shots
mp1 - 3 shots
mp2 - 4 shots
mp3 - 6 shots
mp4 - 9 shots
mp5 - 13 shots
mp6 - 18 shots
mp10 - 70 shots
And that's if you completely ignore the other buffs of the mobs (increased dmg, speed etc.)
that's the real story about mp
18 shots at your 1,57 aps is 12 sec + 2xGloom if DR is on. And that's tanking, no kiting around frozen/poison/arcane centry/jailer etc.

you can surely play mp6, but farming is out of the question - does not matter exp/gold/leg farming.

If you don't belive me just take a chrono and check the time it takes you to do the same run mp0 and mp6. And dont forget to switch Tactical Advantage on mp0.
You'll be surprised.

my best drops are spread between the mp's with most of them on mp0 (incl. the BEST ONE) prbly because I played mp0 most.

On mp4 still you get the same sh.. ivorytower/frostburn/boulderbraker/stormshield etc.
According to the forums MF affects the rate of leg/6-affix items drop, but it is fractional increase and it does not affect the item type. So if it decides to drop shield no matter your MF you'll end up with another brimstone.
Even as such thing as completely Random RNG does not exist, the one Blizzard got here is almost perfect. In my experience that is.
Sometimes I got like 4 legs in 20 mins, sometimes like 0 in 10 hrs. On any mp.
Or one but good against 10 crap.
Reply Quote
With 250k buffed DPS you can't one-shoot white mobs on MP6. I can boost my DPS up to 220k (gear change, archery+SA) and on MP6 1 EA or HA won't kill even the weakest white mob. and elites will take you more than "few second more than mp0".And with Perfectionist+Archery+SA - where from you got that disc that powers your Vault/Tumble which is highly downgraded by the lack of Tactical advantage.on mp0-1 you can vault and run and one shot all mobs, but mp6 is completely different story.

Was talking about MP4 never claimed i can do it on MP6. MP5 feels for me like im hitting a wall, time for farming goes up by a margin, MP6 are wet dreams for me.
Reply Quote
@ Hyperion +1

My best drops were all on mp0-mp1
High mp6 is not really worth it, only good for ubers
Reply Quote
i farm mp 5 fast no problems at all. also mp 7 but thats not so fast:)
Reply Quote
@ Hyperion +1

My best drops were all on mp0-mp1
High mp6 is not really worth it, only good for ubers

If I had to rate my best 5 drops based on AH gold I get from them:

80 mill - mp0
60 mill - mp4
25 mill - mp1
20 mill - mp0
20 mill - mp0

Non of them sadly for DH, not a single one. The best DH item I ever got will be prbly #20 - 30 in the list (1000 / 2 socket manticore, INT one...).
Edited by Hyperion#2891 on 14/02/2013 14:49 GMT
Reply Quote

Was talking about MP4 never claimed i can do it on MP6. MP5 feels for me like im hitting a wall, time for farming goes up by a margin, MP6 are wet dreams for me.

With 250 buffed there is no way you can go mp4 fast as mp0 nor one shoot all trash. And I wouldnt count Stady Aim at all. Either you are surrounded with mobs and it does not count, or you kite to distance (and loosing time, become difference between mp0 even more).
Reply Quote
14/02/2013 15:04Posted by Shagot
With 250 buffed there is no way you can go mp4 fast as mp0 nor one shoot all trash. And I wouldnt count Stady Aim at all. Either you are surrounded with mobs and it does not count, or you kite to distance (and loosing time, become difference between mp0 even more).

Now if you want to be scientifically specific its no way you can get trough MP1 so fast as MP0 even with 500k unbuffed ether can you one shout every trash on MP0, was just saying i can get trough MP4 so fast that is still efficient, and DPS got nothing with one shouting stuff its more important how high your critical hits are.
Reply Quote
[quote="66345065216"] and DPS got nothing with one shouting stuff its more important how high your critical hits are.

Crits are calculated in DPS. Now, rest depends about gear. I just did some test runs with ruby instead emerald (details are in Ruby thread), and got better speed at mp5 with more damage and lower crits. If you play with manticore and low APS, '1 arrow=1 godly crit' will be better.
Reply Quote
im using the current build i have on my profile to do fast mp6 runs, works pretty well i think especially for soloing. no other build goes faster for me solo unless playin in party. too bad DHs dont get invited to high mp parties cuz they suck at it. gl
Reply Quote
If I had to rate my best 5 drops based on AH gold I get from them:

80 mill - mp0
60 mill - mp4
25 mill - mp1
20 mill - mp0
20 mill - mp0

Non of them sadly for DH, not a single one. The best DH item I ever got will be prbly #20 - 30 in the list (1000 / 2 socket manticore, INT one...).

lolololol
275m - mp0
(highest so far that I've sold)
Still selling WD 1h that's worth between 500m-1b @ mp1, hope that will sell this weekend.

When 1.05 released, I had a !@#$load of 20m-50m drops there, but happy days are over...
---
Back on topic, Hyperion... In that mp list you made (shots / mp), you haven't calculated
O-V-E-R-K-I-L-L
I think I one shot quitte a lot of mobs at mp3...
Elites are all a joke up to around mp6, then I have to start paying attention.
...and those bedtimestories about "I farm mpX as fast as mp0" are all lies...You simply can not farm exact as fast as you do on mp0. When I was plvling mp1 took a little more time then mp0.

Edit: for those who want to know why mp1? Doesn't give lots of crap legendaries as on mp0. All monsters are i63 mp1 and up (at least this is what I experienced during that horrible, horrible time O_<)
Edited by DonCorlepown#2389 on 14/02/2013 22:21 GMT
Reply Quote
Imo mp5 is better than mp6 if you can handle both.

I can feel big difference bet the two (compared to mp4 vs mp5)

On topic build:

Mp0/1 - if over 250k dps strafe it (its v fast)
- less than 200k ball of lightning

Mp6/8 - get about 200k dps, 60000+hp/4500armor/450Ar
Bola / spike / turret. Or remove turret for beastly bombs.
Btw, do go with manticore and 30 disc. Imo 40 disc minimum unless you weild a calamity(i havent tried this)
Reply Quote
I can do MP5 pretty easily, but I'm playing on that only for keys and ubers. When I play on that MP level I have Spike Trap (Echoing blast) instead of Bat companion and Custom engineer passive instead of Archery. I have also reserved some EHP gear and Vitality gem to helm for MP5 but then I lose about 15k DPS. But it doesn't matter when I mostly try to gather enemies together, tank them and spam Spike Traps around me and gloom mean while.

Most time I farm MP1-MP3 because there is not so much difference between time it takes. (Even tho my best drop also is from MP0. 400m Skorn). Now it's good to grind a bit higher MP level because of nice XP buff and it's really fun to collect Demoni Essences. And in the end of the day I craft hopefully some nice stuff.
Edited by Miranna#2422 on 15/02/2013 06:46 GMT
Reply Quote
I am having tons of fun atm on MP3 VoA runs, doing 3 things at the same time: hunting legendaries, raising exp and collecting keys (always hated doing act2 just for key). In my case, for MP5 I packed 200 k unbuffed DPS, 400 AR, 50K HP and 4000 armor and it was easy (not quick, but easy). Skills were as everybody already said: Bola and Echo. You could throw in Boar, Perfectionist and Sentry if your survival is bad. If not, ditch boar, Perfectionist or Sentry (in that order).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]