Diablo® III

Do people still buy gold at $0.25/m?

Hey there fellow EU players!

Was just wondering if people still buy gold from the RMAH since patch 1.0.7 hit the scene. Please post it here if you've bought gold or sold gold since patch 1.0.7 and if so, how long it took to sell 'X' amount of gold approx. I've seen quite a negative reaction to the crafting bit of patch 1.0.7 on the forums with the main complaint being that no gold can be made anymore, so I'm curious to find out if this is indeed the case. Looking forward to your replies, cheers!
Edited by Demigod#2975 on 23/02/2013 02:52 GMT
Reply Quote
NO Buy.
No Sell. Tried couple of weeks(before after new patch), don't worry blizz cares only about consoles now.
Reply Quote
Oh geez, nothing? Was thinking that it still sells at a certain rate but dang :o
Reply Quote
only losers use real money to get top gear and gold without doing any hard work. Shame !!! many of them use real money to be godly player in a day then claim that d3 has no endgame. WTF
Reply Quote
Okay...? That's interesting though, because if you exclude the AH then there is no endgame on D3 lol. You aim to get better gear? For what? To farm higher MP? For what? Even better gear? No, because you can get the exact same gear drops on MP1. What happens after you acquire the best gear though? Are you going to PvP with it? Are you going to play minigames with it? Participate in raids with it? Oh that's right, you can't - because all that content is lacking @ D3. The only thing of value that a normal person would count as a reason to keep playing this game is that you can sell good drops for real money.

Yes, I agree it's terrible but it's basically the only thing that can be considered as 'endgame' atm lol. If even this becomes stagnant to the point that nothing is worth anything anymore then there is literally no reason to play Diablo 3 after playing through normal mode once. That's some pretty bad value for new players that bought this game recently since the story is far from memorable and takes less than a day to complete.
Edited by Demigod#2975 on 23/02/2013 07:08 GMT
Reply Quote
23/02/2013 07:03Posted by Demigod
Okay...? That's interesting though, because if you exclude the AH then there is no endgame on D3 lol. You aim to get better gear? For what? To farm higher MP? For what? Even better gear? No, because you can get the exact same gear drops on MP1. What happens after you acquire the best gear though? Are you going to PvP with it? Are you going to play minigames with it? Participate in raids with it? Oh that's right, you can't - because all that content is lacking @ D3. The only thing of value that a normal person would count as a reason to keep playing this game is that you can sell good drops for real money. Yes, I agree it's terrible but it's basically the only thing that can be considered as 'endgame' atm lol.

That's why gold doesn't sell anymore , many people noticed that its a waste of time and are now quitting , selling their gear and then selling the gear in the RMAH , you've got an unlimited a mount of gold and no buyers
Reply Quote
Fair enough yeah. I realized this a long while ago already and pretty much stopped playing, just checking back like once a month to see what's new. 2 months ago gold was still selling for $0.25/m though and the games' state was pretty much the same as it is now except for crafting 'improvements', which seemingly killed off the real money market completely then.
Edited by Demigod#2975 on 23/02/2013 07:18 GMT
Reply Quote
Its not selling because of the stupid price floor,the price is way higher than the current value. Most people buy outside of the AH. There are probably like thousands of sell orders for every buyer.
Reply Quote
Right. What's the current price per mil atm then? :o
Reply Quote
Put it this way, 50 million in game AH is £12.50 in GBP

Some third party website I checked you get 50 million for £5.00

Could be even cheaper on other websites, remember they have botters sending billions their way.
Reply Quote
Put it this way, 50 million in game AH is £12.50 in GBP

Some third party website I checked you get 50 million for £5.00

Could be even cheaper on other websites, remember they have botters sending billions their way.

Ahh, that's quite annoying then :|

I've got some leftover money that I'd like to sell on the RMAH but it seems that I'll have to find items on the gold AH now which have a good chance of selling on the RMAH at a $0.15/m price or so lol, which is obviously much more inconvinient compared to just selling the gold. Sigh :(
Reply Quote
That is not necessary.

The new currency on RMAH is radiant star emeralds which 100% sell. If you want to sell gold, just stock up on those gems (either buy from AH/chat/forums or craft) and sell on RMAH.

If you wanna buy gold, just buy radiant star emeralds for 4 euros and sell for 33-34mil on gold AH (28-29 mil after tax) and you get a much better conversion ratio of money to gold. For 4 euros, you can only buy 16 mil on RMAH, but you get at least 28 mil if you buy radiant star emeralds. So nobodoy with a brain would buy gold on RMAH instead of gems.
Reply Quote
That is not necessary.

The new currency on RMAH is radiant star emeralds which 100% sell. If you want to sell gold, just stock up on those gems (either buy from AH/chat/forums or craft) and sell on RMAH.

If you wanna buy gold, just buy radiant star emeralds for 4 euros and sell for 33-34mil on gold AH (28-29 mil after tax) and you get a much better conversion ratio of money to gold. For 4 euros, you can only buy 16 mil on RMAH, but you get at least 28 mil if you buy radiant star emeralds. So nobodoy with a brain would buy gold on RMAH instead of gems.

RMAH buyers don't have a brain at all, so don't worry.
Reply Quote
Nobody likes to buy items for real money, but everybody want to sell a godly item for big $ if they can.

There is paradox.

Oh and nice to see that gems are the new currency again like in D2.

O 30 PGM N PUL LOL
Edited by IRONMAN#2717 on 23/02/2013 17:46 GMT
Reply Quote
i dont agree with the hatred towards rmah users.
there are many casual players who don't have the time or don't like to play all day everyday and some want the best gear so they use rmah . however nothing is selling on rmah currently to reply to op , gold or items
Reply Quote
That is not necessary.

Oh I had no idea - thanks! I'm not very familiar with the RMAH yet so I appericiate the pointers ^_^
Reply Quote
ive spent 60€ total for buying gold or gear from RMAH. Quiet nice, no pain.

Dunno whats going on. I can farm mp5. I havent played much diablo. Pretty cool game, i dunno tho.

Dont play it too much.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]