Diablo® III

Obtaining the Hellfire ring (Hardcore)

Hi fellow players!

Some advice needed. I'm kinda proud of reaching lvl 60 (3) with my WD, which is actually my first and only hardcore hero. I must say that playing Brood War all these years really helped me survive in the Sanctuary. So currently I have to kill Belial and then focus on Azzy and Diablo.

If I manage to survive (and to be honest the game seems quite easy so far on MP0), I'm planning on getting the Hellfire ring. I know I have to increase the MP and I'll do it once I kill Diablo (wish me luck).

So could you give me some tips, for example:
1. Has someone done this already? I couldn't find anything on YouTube
2. Should I reach certain Paragon level to be more confident?
3. What about type of gear and follower?
4. What about skills?

Here is my profile for reference:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ochichka-2792/

As you see my strategy is vit, int and all resist, nothing else. Will I be in trouble with this?
Reply Quote
You probably have to re-gear all your pieces if you want to farm keys and ubers. You need more resists, armor and triple-quadruple your dps before your're ready. But you sure can lose half of your hp pool though. :)

Farm mp0 act3 until you're geared enough.
Reply Quote
omg health omg
Reply Quote
Thanks, note taken. Should I go for Act 4 with the current gear or you are suggesting that I have to re-gear not only for the ubers but also for it?
Reply Quote
Don't undervalue armor... As the damage reduction from armor and all res is multiplied by each other, you actually drag down your protection if you only concentrate on one. Try to stay close to a 10:1 ratio (if you reach about 4,5k armor, go all res, as it gets really hard to obtain more armor then for a wd).

Before you start to think about ubers, get over 100k DPS, without sacrificing too much EHP
Reply Quote
Doing MP for keys and ubers is probably the last thing left in Diablo that can be challenging for Hardcore.

You need crit chance and crit dmg to increase the DPS. (Depends on the build, but i dont think ias is very helpful for WD) So, focusing only on vit int and allres is not enough. Increase your DPS and farm mp0 act3 for items. Dont go uber just yet.
Reply Quote
Use your templars amulet, its quite good. Liferegen is a lifesaver.
Reply Quote
Thanks everyone for the tips. Just a quick update - I killed Belial without any issues under 2 mins. with my 20k damage. I have about 3K armor and 400 resist all.

I can tell you for sure that Act 1 and 2 are very easy with my strategy and MP0. Let's see what will happen on 3 and 4.
Reply Quote
Hi there!
About the Hellfire Ring...it's a little risky to stand alone and you should get some friends to help you fighting the ubers on mp lvl 3 to get a good chance for parts(was best for me).
I think you should drop your hp lower and focus on crit chance and damage and maybe attack speed.
Poison dart is nice but only single target and my guess is that acid cloud will drink your mana pool fast, so, in no time, you're out of aoe attacks. Maybe you should try rain of toads or firebomb.
Acid cloud is nice but with 22 k damage i would use something like hit hard spells( zombie bears or sacrifice runed next of kin because gargantuan is enough tank for me). If you like sacrifice you can drop the passive zombie handler too because wd's pets can take a lot of damage now and you can use instead pierce the veil to increase damage.
Should you reach certain paragon level? I wouldn't say that but farming is always good because you could find a hell of an item and sell it for 100 m and then hooray you're overconfident :)
In general you don't have to stack life over 50-60k because is enough.You should buy crit gear and replace vision quest too in my opinion with spirit vessel which is the best passive skill in the game when you're playing hardcore!!! it's like a second chance so you should give it a try.
Reply Quote
Hi there!About the Hellfire Ring...it's a little risky to stand alone and you should get some friends to help you fighting the ubers on mp lvl 3 to get a good chance for parts(was best for me).I think you should drop your hp lower and focus on crit chance and damage and maybe attack speed.Poison dart is nice but only single target and my guess is that acid cloud will drink your mana pool fast, so, in no time, you're out of aoe attacks. Maybe you should try rain of toads or firebomb.Acid cloud is nice but with 22 k damage i would use something like hit hard spells( zombie bears or sacrifice runed next of kin because gargantuan is enough tank for me). If you like sacrifice you can drop the passive zombie handler too because wd's pets can take a lot of damage now and you can use instead pierce the veil to increase damage.Should you reach certain paragon level? I wouldn't say that but farming is always good because you could find a hell of an item and sell it for 100 m and then hooray you're overconfident :)In general you don't have to stack life over 50-60k because is enough.You should buy crit gear and replace vision quest too in my opinion with spirit vessel which is the best passive skill in the game when you're playing hardcore!!! it's like a second chance so you should give it a try.

Thanks, Midoral. That was really helpful. By the way - if I had 7 dead heroes I would have been in the hospital :)
Reply Quote
You should really consider Midoral advises.

In france we say "better prevent than cure" (well, at least my grand mother says that ^^).
You shouldn't wait to need to go in hospital ;)

Spirit vessel is the only required hc passiv skill, other two aren't that much important.
If you wana die from not having it, regret and reroll, it's up to you.

It already saved my life 4 times mostly because i'm playing on PM5.But 3rd time it saved me from a knockback champion: i was stuck into non destructible stuff with spirit walk in cooldown.

Other thing you should consider, is getting some life on hit stuff: it's really awesome with acid cloud (and rain of toads too).

In my opinion, if you are not sure to be ready for ubers and ask for advises, it means you aren't.
I'm considering doing it, but mostly because of challenge and adrenaline ...not for the ring (i don't even use an xp gemm on my helmet ;).
Reply Quote
I fully agree about the Spirit vessel. The reason why I'm not using it is because the game so far is quite easy. I only used it when fought Belial. Once I increase the MP and start farming for keys, I'll definitely use it again.
Reply Quote
In my opinion, if you are not sure to be ready for ubers and ask for advises, it means you aren't.I'm considering doing it, but mostly because of challenge and adrenaline ...not for the ring (i don't even use an xp gemm on my helmet ;).

Yes, digitalhyn, you are right - I don't feel quite ready yet. The thing is that if I die, I'll probably stop playing the game (until the expansion) and will continue doing Brood War LAN parties :) That is why I cannot afford to die :) and I need all the information I can get, So thank you very much for the support.
Reply Quote
From easy to hard (general benchmarks of progress):

1. Completing normal.
2. Exp and gold farming act 1&2 NM until lvl 45.
3. Killing Belail NM.
4. Exp and gold farming act 1&2 Hell until lvl 60.
5. Killing Belail Hell.
6. Farming act 1 (Warden and Butcher runs) until you can dance with Butcher blindfolded on mp1 (shouldn't take long with mp0 and AH).
7. Killing Belail Inferno (a lot easier now with MP0 ^^).
8. Killing Diablo (yup, no need to farm, if you can kill Belail you can kill the rest).
9a. Farming act 3 on mp0.
9b. If you have very high magic find and like to craft a lot you could farm act 2 vault of the assassin on mp1.
10. Craft decent items (with the new account bound recipes) for shoulders, bracers, chest, gloves, amulet (in that order generally).
11. Keep upgrading your gear, farm where ever you want.
12. When you feel safe at around mp5 start farming the keys.
13. Do the Infernal Machine event on mp0.
14. Do the Infernal Machine event on mp1 (unless you got a ring).
15. Do the Infernal Machine event on mp3 (unless you got a ring).
16. Do the Infernal Machine event on mp5 (if you want more rings ^^).
17. Farm farm farm.
18. Practice on Diablo mp1.
19. Practice on Diablo mp3.
20. Practice on Diablo mp5.
21. Practice on Diablo mp7.
22. Practice on Diablo mp9.
23. Kill Diablo mp10.
24. Die trying to kill Belail mp 10 ^^!
25. Go out and have a couple of beers and remeniss about your old Diablo 3 moments, remembering how 3 years ago used to farm these key drops thingys and such ^^
Reply Quote
:) nice summary. I liked the die trying to kill Belial mp10 part. You forgot one thing - the naked achievements :)
Reply Quote
I just killed Azzy... With my 22k damage I killed him after two of his blood pools. Again Act 3 was not different than 2 in terms of difficulty.
Next milestone - Diablo. If I manage to kill him with my build and gear, I'll increase the MP
Reply Quote
just watch out for the warden :)
Reply Quote
And Diablo is now down. I'm going for the keys on MP3.

At this point one thing is 100% sure - concentrating on vit, int, and all resistance is definitely the right strategy for MP0, because:

1. I killed everything in all acts easily.
2. Because of the high HP, I was never surprised and I've NEVER run away from any boss, monster, elite etc.
3. That type of gear is cheaper in AH because everyone is concentrating on damage and crit chance
4. I have only one hardcore hero, which is still alive :)

So I would definitely recommend my strategy for WDs playing on MP0.
Reply Quote
So started with MP3 and it is difficult but I managed to obtain two keys so far....

It takes me a lot of time to finish off a battle but the good thing is that even by my own they can't surprise me and I can kill anything.
Reply Quote
your dps is way low.... :O

Not even enough for mp0
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]