Diablo® III

[Build] Patronito's Explosion - HIGH MP BUILD, with vid

The Problem?

90% of all DH's I see and give advice here on forum claim that DH's are very bad at high MP and they can't farm high MP's effectively.

The Optimal Effects Gear Requirements

(you'll be able to farm MP9 effectively with it, if some stats are lower you can try bit lower MP like 7-8)

• 4k+ armor
  • 400+ all resistance
  • Calamity (with socket) -> indispensable
  • Decent amount of unbuffed DPS (180k+ I'd say)
  • High Critical hit Chance (50%+, the more the better)

The Solution

Clear and Concise Explanation

The Combos:

• Night Stalker + Cluster Grenades = Full discispline bar all the time
  • As some you hate grenades, you never gave this a shot, but this combination allows you to make a very considerable amount of multi-monster dmg (specially on tight spaces, you used to hate wallers, now you'll love them).

These are particularly usefull when you have 100 monster on top of you and you keep spamming them to fill the disc bar and keep yourself alive with gloom in the process.

The high atack speed will allow constant crits (and very cool animation x) ).

• Gloom + Caltrops + Cull the Weak = Constant Life Regen
  • As you might have realised at this point, this is a face-tank mechanism build. When you get surrounded, after you start spamming grenades and activate gloom you will realise you are gaining insane amount of disc.

Spam caltrops whenever you have time (and the disc) during gloom, that will allow you to gain HP EVEN when you are not atacking (very usefull against frozen and reflect dmg).

• Bola Shot + Spike Traps = INSANE amount of dps !!
  • You might find it weird to have 2 hatred generators, I find it a bit od myself.

Bola shot allows you to have a very important thing that face-taking builds don't have, RANGE !!

So in the intervals of glooming and caltroping you will unleash HELL upon your foes, fill them with bola shots, drop all spikes, repeat, in a mather of seconds everything around you will be a very thin pulp of goo and most surely dead !

Why Should I try it??

Because It worked very very well for me in higher MP, I was very reticent on changing my manticore, but this playstyle gave me the joy of farming again, you can even make more defensive changes in the build if you have lower stats (like shield sentry).

Try it out, you won't regret it ;)

Video Link
    http://youtu.be/pkpfGrVWHcE

Patronito
Edited by Patronito#2768 on 29/07/2013 10:49 BST
Reply Quote
vid or it didnt happen :D

Problem with "high mp" is that we sacrifice alot of DPS for EHP sake, making it slower and inneficient as compared to lets say a decent mp5 farm.

would you rather make a 1hr mp10 run or 3 mp5 runs for an hour?

Fact is high mp is a headache and just no fun, its a drag.

I like 1-2 shotting them trash and >30 secs elites, but thats just me.
Reply Quote
I heard some mp10 routes are actually quite good. 150 million exp per hour good (with a monk though). Such as crypt of the ancients or killing trash mobs in arreat crater 2.
Reply Quote
^ won't work on you Impreza since you got no AS.. =P
Reply Quote
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6787879637

^
Reply Quote
vid or it didnt happen :D

Haha I was expecting some1 to say that, I'd love to make a video If I just knew how, last time I recorded gameplay was with Fraps + Sony Vegas, dunno if that's still a viable choice x) If you give me a hint I can make a video and post it here, me farming MP9.
Reply Quote
google : Bandicam

its a free software, i does however eat alot of resources (or my 4 year old PC is just old)
processor doesnt have "i" on it :D

open a youtube account (i you dont have one yet)

upload, profit.
Reply Quote
google : Bandicam

its a free software, i does however eat alot of resources (or my 4 year old PC is just old)
processor doesnt have "i" on it :D

open a youtube account (i you dont have one yet)

upload, profit.

Will do, thanks ;)
Reply Quote
Just uploaded a video of me farming MP8 :), Enjoy! (link in 1st post)

edit: the link is already there, but still uploading, will be ready in 4-5 min.

It's ready now 100%.
Edited by Patronito#2768 on 22/03/2013 00:25 GMT
Reply Quote
Looks boring and a bit slow.
i usualy farm mp7 with my build

I'll keep track off this thread tough do like to see more video's or perhaps you could setup a stream on www.twitch.tv
Edited by Arokhantos#2997 on 22/03/2013 00:41 GMT
Reply Quote
Nice vid, tnx :)
Reply Quote

Well, it looks just a little bit slower then my HA or Bola build with +22% bonus from gear, but it doesnt look boring to me, I find it fun :)

edit - @Arokhantos - dont get me wrong, but with gear from your profile, you can't be faster then him at mp8.
Edited by Shagot#2979 on 22/03/2013 00:55 GMT
Reply Quote

Well, it looks just a little bit slower then my HA or Bola build with +22% bonus from gear, but it doesnt look boring to me, I find it fun :)

edit - @Arokhantos - dont get me wrong, but with gear from your profile, you can't be faster then him at mp8.

Maybe you can't with my gear but i can.

Still looks slow aoe'ng small groups off mobs elites, i do verry big waves doing high density area's.

I don't see any high density area gameplay but i'm guessing this is much harder with this build.
Reply Quote
22/03/2013 01:38Posted by Arokhantos
i do verry big waves doing high density area's.

Video or never happened :)
Reply Quote
22/03/2013 09:20Posted by Aikimaniac
i do verry big waves doing high density area's.

Video or never happened :)

I don't really care but if you wanna watch me farm you can do that when i stream on http://www.twitch.tv/arokhantos
Reply Quote

I don't really care but if you wanna watch me farm you can do that when i stream on http://www.twitch.tv/arokhantos

I watched your areat core stream, then watched his vid again and your overall speed is very similar (you are playing 7, he 8 though). You are faster with trash mobs, he's little bit faster with elites - you kite a lot, and he face tanks, providing more sustained damage (yes, it's stupid DH mehanics ATM).

Please note, I dont want to turn this into "who is better" thread, and I like your stream. I am really bored with that face-tanking DH stuff. Be sure to check Impreza's EA:BL video, he has similar playstyle as you.
Reply Quote
I just woke up totaly forgot about equiping my windforce on my scoundrel lol so died a lot i'll try some mp8 later should be much faster.
doing mp7 now 1 shotting big waves.
Edited by Arokhantos#2997 on 22/03/2013 14:12 GMT
Reply Quote
I'm impressed with killing speed, but lose feeling playing ranged class. Felt like I'm almost back to monk. And there are some elite packs witch are annoying for this build, but guess there is always some thing annoying no matter what.
Reply Quote

Maybe you can't with my gear but i can.

Still looks slow aoe'ng small groups off mobs elites, i do verry big waves doing high density area's.

I don't see any high density area gameplay but i'm guessing this is much harder with this build.

For the contrary, the bigger the monster density, the better for this build, I can regen disc faster and spam even more caltrops wich allows a very fast clearing. Watch minute 1.05 for example, if they all come to you they get aoe-raped.

The most con I find in this build is ranged dps'ers, sometimes they run from you and you can't reach them very well with cluster, only bola will do you any good wich slows you up a bit. On the other hand, melee elites of any kind just get evaporated.
Edited by Patronito#2768 on 22/03/2013 15:12 GMT
Reply Quote
This is a good build, I can recommend it!

The only problem I have with it is that you chose to name it after yourself :D
I have been using a very similar build since October (i dont use sentry or caltrops though)

So far this has been the only way for me to play in high mp. On MP10 you can survive and face tank elites. Though it takes a while to kill stuff...

Thanks for posting Patronito! Lets hope they dont now nerf it :D

EDIT: I have now to replace my bat with the caltrops, and I must say bro, that really works! its a must. I still use vault instead of sentry though.
Edited by mightilybix#2916 on 22/03/2013 15:35 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]