- 90% of all DH's I see and give advice here on forum claim that DH's are very bad at high MP and they can't farm high MP's effectively.
The Optimal Effects Gear Requirements
(you'll be able to farm MP9 effectively with it, if some stats are lower you can try bit lower MP like 7-8)
- 4k+ armor
- 400+ all resistance
- Calamity (with socket) -> indispensable
- Decent amount of unbuffed DPS (180k+ I'd say)
- High Critical hit Chance (50%+, the more the better)
Clear and Concise Explanation
- The Combos:
- Night Stalker + Cluster Grenades = Full discispline bar all the time As some you hate grenades, you never gave this a shot, but this combination allows you to make a very considerable amount of multi-monster dmg (specially on tight spaces, you used to hate wallers, now you'll love them).
- Gloom + Caltrops + Cull the Weak = Constant Life Regen As you might have realised at this point, this is a face-tank mechanism build. When you get surrounded, after you start spamming grenades and activate gloom you will realise you are gaining insane amount of disc.
- Bola Shot + Spike Traps = INSANE amount of dps !! You might find it weird to have 2 hatred generators, I find it a bit od myself.
These are particularly usefull when you have 100 monster on top of you and you keep spamming them to fill the disc bar and keep yourself alive with gloom in the process.
The high atack speed will allow constant crits (and very cool animation x) ).
Spam caltrops whenever you have time (and the disc) during gloom, that will allow you to gain HP EVEN when you are not atacking (very usefull against frozen and reflect dmg).
Bola shot allows you to have a very important thing that face-taking builds don't have, RANGE !!
So in the intervals of glooming and caltroping you will unleash HELL upon your foes, fill them with bola shots, drop all spikes, repeat, in a mather of seconds everything around you will be a very thin pulp of goo and most surely dead !
Why Should I try it??
- Because It worked very very well for me in higher MP, I was very reticent on changing my manticore, but this playstyle gave me the joy of farming again, you can even make more defensive changes in the build if you have lower stats (like shield sentry).
Try it out, you won't regret it ;)