Diablo® III

The itemization blog has backfired

There is no point for me to play until you change your items, and what motivates this decision is not that it sounded so good it is because these changes won't be released in 3 months at least, since they aren't going to hit with 1.0.8. So IMHO you shouldn't have talked about this at all. If you aren't going to release it soon better don't talk about it. Why would i want to try and farm anything now when i know that in 3 months there will be (optimistic) better items to choose from?
Reply Quote
hehe, great point. I don't think I'll spend 1 gold either, until we know more about 1.8.
Reply Quote
Community
Hmm... I would think that it would always be better to know what the developers are working on well in advance.

Don't you think you would be even more upset if we announced nothing and you then discover that you "have been farming 3 months for nothing" after the improvements are implemented out of the blue?
Reply Quote
08/03/2013 16:01Posted by Vaneras
out of the blue?

Pun detected!
Reply Quote
Hmm... I would think that it would always be better to know what the developers are working on well in advance.

Don't you think you would be even more upset if we announced nothing and you then discover that you "have been farming 3 months for nothing" after the improvements are implemented out of the blue?

Don't get me wrong speaking about things in advance is a good thing. But this is a core problem in the game, and it really changes your perspective on farming.
Edited by DeAdLiNe#1775 on 08/03/2013 16:11 GMT
Reply Quote
op is right htough, I stopped playing a few months then got back into the game about two weeks ago, looking to upgrade and far....now I've seen that the patch is far away, i might aswell save my effort for then
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile

Vaneras AND op are correct.

They had to announce it, but it also means we dont wanna be farming or spending gold. Lose lose situation, but at least we can be excited for the coming months when itemization is fixed :)

I suggest Demonic essence farming and crafting until then!
Edited by D3MON#2220 on 08/03/2013 16:07 GMT
Reply Quote
08/03/2013 15:54Posted by DeAdLiNe
There is no point for me to play until you change your items, and what motivates this decision is not that it sounded so good it is because these changes won't be released in 3 months at least, since they aren't going to hit with 1.0.8. So IMHO you shouldn't have talked about this at all. If you aren't going to release it soon better don't talk about it. Why would i want to try and farm anything now when i know that in 3 months there will be (optimistic) better items to choose from?

What a load of rubbish. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to work out that new and updated content will arrive with future patches and expansions. Its simply a continuation of the trajectory that we are already on.

That itemizaton blog was singularily positive news and confirmation that Blizzard are committed to making the game better and more diverse

And besides an item you find now may be rarer [particularly in HC] following time and patch changes and that could make it more desirable not less.
Reply Quote
This is , unfortunately, the only way this game could progress. In a gear only based environment, players hit their own gear wall and gear has to be introduced that makes all prior gear useless or renders it as 'starter only' gear. Always with the P2win being a major driving force , the auction houses must be kept relevant not player's gear, whether earned or purchased.

I currently cannot play because i refuse to agree to the new rmah terms but gear changes and stronger gear replacing what we spent a year obtaining is the only way these developers can progress the game. It doesnt actually progress the game as it stays exactly the same but it does offer a 'dragon' for the existing players to chase. It also fills the need for existing players to feel they can somehow be better in a game that hasnt actually seen additions to content.

It is nice that it has been announced however and was not like the last several ninja nerfs to gear that chased off a huge chunk of the players pre-1.0.6.
Edited by Eights#1782 on 08/03/2013 17:01 GMT
Reply Quote
That's like saying you don't want to play WoW since you know the next patch includes a new raid with better loot... If you're only playing to have the best items ever, are you really having fun at all?
Reply Quote
08/03/2013 17:04Posted by Knubbsal
That's like saying you don't want to play WoW since you know the next patch includes a new raid with better loot... If you're only playing to have the best items ever, are you really having fun at all?

Finally someone with a working brain :)
Edited by Cregan#1672 on 08/03/2013 17:15 GMT
Reply Quote

I disagree, you are definitely the vocal minority here, the community has been asking for more transparency with the Development and now they are do such you are complaining?

If you just even read a little bit about game development, especially from AAA developers these things take time, lots and lots of time because of all the channels they have to go through before it goes live on the servers.
Reply Quote
Since this topic cought CM's attention.

Could you spill some information about the set bonuses? Are you doing something with set bonuses during itemization changes?

For example making Tal Rasha's set bonuses not worthless and and fixing OP Nat set bonuses?.
Edited by withate#2399 on 08/03/2013 17:17 GMT
Reply Quote

They are not touching the end-game items which already is here....

They are boosting the low-level items, to become a part of the ilvl60+ item pool.

If you find a Mempo of Twilight today, it is still a solid Mempo of Twilight, when the changes come.
If anything, you should exactly be farming now, than later. Once the item pool gets bigger, it will be harder to find that Mempo if that was what one was looking for.
Reply Quote
3 Gnome Warlock
wow 3 months i gotta wait? thought it be alot quicker then that. by then i probly forgot all about diablo o well gl
Reply Quote
I hope some items will keep value like mempo, boots, wepons.
Reply Quote
08/03/2013 18:01Posted by micutzu
I hope some items will keep value like mempo, boots, wepons.

Depends on the new items. If any of them, can roll the same stats more or less as some existing ones, some items may loose value. Which in itself isn't a bad thing, unless one have one of the items getting competition ofc :)
Reply Quote
Thing is that this isn't new content, this is fixing a core flaw in the game. And if say these new items fix this problem, the game will be way more rewarding. Why would i want to waste my time now, when it will feel way more rewarding and exciting after they introduce these changes to items? Yes you can still keep on farming to get as strong as you can at this point, but I don't really care about the power, I care about more diversity and new builds. So if new items bring that, why should i waste time on the game now?
And as I replied to the CM, I'm not against sharing with the community, but they shouldn't get hopes up about core problem like that.
Edited by DeAdLiNe#1775 on 08/03/2013 18:12 GMT
Reply Quote
Its a good thing Diablo 3 isn't a subscription based game and you can come and go as you please as often as you want for no cost. Wait, is common sense allowed on the D3 forums?
Reply Quote
08/03/2013 18:12Posted by Lycavian
Its a good thing Diablo 3 isn't a subscription based game and you can come and go as you please as often as you want for no cost. Wait, is common sense allowed on the D3 forums?

Exactly that's the point of my post. A new patch comes up, brings you back to the game, and then they change your perspective by bringing back the topic about the core problem in this game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]