Diablo® III

Patch 1.08 - New option - Disable White and Blue items

Hello guys!

I was just wondering about a new option in the game if we could disable picking up blue and white items.

It would just drop and we could see it, but you couldn't pick up! This would make the game a little bit smoother I guess.

What's your oppinion guys?
Reply Quote
Blizzard has already mentioned (a long time ago) about disabling white items
Reply Quote
not disabling totally, just not to be pick-upable
Reply Quote
I have no problems with white/blue items and pickup. But I don't see a problem with a /nopickup command like in Diablo 2 or a similar solution.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
i think blue/white/grey item shld stop dropping from nightmare difficulty and onwards.
Reply Quote
They will be used for crafting in the expac I bet...
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
The ideal solution would be to have a customizable filter in the options which item category/quality...
1) ... to display on the ground
2) ... and which to auto-pickup.

This way every player could adjust the looting process according to their preference regardless of difficulty level, MP or whatnot.

Other games (e.g. like Dungeon Siege) had this feature many, many years ago, so a much better game like Diablo 3 should absolutely have this, too.
Reply Quote
I agree some sort of option would be nice, either a filter of a press-to-loot bindable key, like PoE has. Other ARPGs just have the filter and it works fine too, when you feel the need to loot those blues you just can do it or disable the filter momentarily.
Reply Quote
Filter + NoPickup combination would be great. I always use options to display all item labels. Filtering out gray, white, and (dark) blue combined with no pickup, so i could not pick them up accidentaly would save me a lot of annoyance, not to mention now with 1.08 whites drops like rain, really breaks the fluidity of combat, because of the not so accurate targeting the game has.
Reply Quote
How about a grid of radio buttons? :)

Columns: hide, no-pickup, normal, auto-pickup

Rows: normal, magic, rare, legendary, gems, potions

Sadly, it will never happen.
Reply Quote
Some builds will pick up more stuff on the floor by mistake and I am fully behind the implement of a non-pick up button.

Last night I had a 60+ monster kill streak in a party game and I was CM wiz, ended up picking up 6 items on the floor as my screen was fully spammed items...
Reply Quote
I have no idea why this wasnt done on release. Other games with no budget had this years ago.
Reply Quote
Yeah. It's annoying to get 50+ blue items named "Mega crap item of super crappiness" lying on the floor, making it often impossible to move or to pick up what is needed.
Reply Quote

Sadly, it will never happen.

Let's hope it does :)
Edited by yordannnenov#2683 on 14/05/2013 12:32 BST
Reply Quote
I support this
Reply Quote

I absolutely second that, a grid of radio buttons would be the perfect way of implementing it. Following DarthJDG's great suggestion, I even propose additional column and rows:

Columns:
no drop, no label, no pickup, manual pickup, auto pickup

Rows:
normal, magic, rare, legendary, set, gems, potions, pages/tomes, recipes, ingredients (like Demonic Essence)

Should not be too hard to implement, so I guess the whole community hopes that this happens. Hope you guys at Blizzard are reading this... ;-)
Edited by Zesaric#2489 on 14/05/2013 13:05 BST
Reply Quote
i support
we wish to get red of those useless trash, Items picking up shall be optional
BR
Reply Quote
not needed in new patch
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]