Diablo® III

Anyone still playing Diablo 2?

I'm thinking of buying the game,but I'm afraid I'll have none to play with now that people have probably switched to d3.
Reply Quote
Yes, lots of peoples are still playing Diablo 2
Reply Quote
Lots of people play Diablo 2.
Reply Quote
Indeed we still play :)

Two weeks ago I decided to take up Diablo 2 again. My magic-find skele-mancer did a good job at The Pit, Mausoleum, the temples in act 3 etc etc.
But I had grown a little bored with that so I made a sorc for boss farming.

When I reached Act 3 Meph on Nightmare I farm him for 2 days in a row (around 20-24 hours just killing him). When I had gotten almost everything I wanted from him I took my sorc to Act 3 Meph Hell and farmed him for 2 days as well.

I got a lot of nice items (I mean a lot!) but still need some drops (Arreat's Face, HoZ, Azurewrath and the like).

Farming really pays off in Diablo 2.

NM Meph with a Merc and Frozen Orb.
Hell Meph with no merc and the moat trick.

Just a little novel for you :)

Edit:
I play single player using the A.T.M.A. muling "extension".
Edited by Solution9#2785 on 04/04/2013 01:31 BST
Reply Quote
Glad to hear!!

The reason I wanna play d2 instead of d3 is:necromancer(Mr Parkinsons from d3 is not ok for me),dark atmosphere and nice drops.I'm not a graphics dude so I don't care much that the game is old, although my PC can run even crysis 3.
Reply Quote
No, am not, but my friends play Diablo 2 instead of Diablo 3. I would say Diablo 2 is out dated, so i play max 1 hour Diablo 3 and rest goes to World Of Tanks, which is minimum 3 hours a day.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
wait what? you farm Act3 for other area then Meph?

Act3 is SO boring... I hate just about everything from it... never been able to finish Hell because of it, everytime i try to finish it I end up in Kurast and it demotivates me...
Reply Quote
Can't be arsed anymore OP. Its way to out dated for me. Then again I also achived everything to the game, but say really goodly items. So yea...no point playing anymore for me, do keep my non-ladder account for like 5-7 years ago alive trough.
Reply Quote
You may watch me play diablo 2 necro on hc on twitch.tv/sc_Arks. But i am probably not going to stream much more now before ladder reset, that is in a few days i guess.

The game is beautiful and deep.

This ladder i played a levl 93 necro on hc.

There is not that many players on ladder hc hell, but all the players tend to be very nice and very helpful.

I hope to maybe see you there after ladder reset =)
Reply Quote
I really achieved the max in that game, I had a lvl 99 matriarch assassin and a lv 89 guardian paladin that was so imba...I could kill duriel on hell without using potions.
Reply Quote
I am but I'm not able to play online any help?
Reply Quote
07/10/2013 23:22Posted by Zilef
I am but I'm not able to play online any help?

If you want help, you need to be a bit more specific than "I'm not able to play online".
Reply Quote
I still play it (again) but it does feel very outdated and pointless. I mean I can only repeat what I have done before, and it will take a while before I can start doing something new again.

I also play Single Player using ATMA and the diablo.incgamers.com trading community.

Since I never finished the game (came to Act 3 Hell before I quit) I have never wanted to play HC. But I will believe straight away that the people who are in Hell HC on the closed battlenet / ladder are very nice people.

What I will say is that:
- loot is much more rewarding
- uniques all feel valuable
- bosses are a real challenge
- bosses drop rewards
- there is a penalty to dying on hell difficulty which is a really good thing
- this game is hard
- this game requires some research and thinking which goes beyond "what upgrade can I get next?"
- not everyone uses all the same gear
- magic find gear is very rewarding and useful
- different classes use vastly different stats
- etcetera.

Drawback to D2: the dungeon and landscape design is imo in fact a lot more boring than D3. Getting through the jungle in Act 3... well I agree with Adkhean. Act 5 is also quite stupid, getting through those endless battlefields. Act 5 is the only act I really dislike, but the underground areas are okay. I love Pindleskin!
Reply Quote
Can someone rush my new paladin through normal since no-one seems to be on normal difficulty, no public games at all in the European ladder, any help would be great :)
Reply Quote
Search the net (google) for servers and stuff like that. You'll be sure to find people playing Diablo II in the contemporary era.
Reply Quote
how can i find servers
i bought it and ..i dont know how to go online
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]