Diablo® III

Why I don't like the best patch ever

24/04/2013 19:09Posted by pkBond
i totally agree with you dassem,i didnt like this "best patch ever",especially the trading post idea, gold works for everybody but items dont!!

*cough* Gold farm bots *cough* Ability to use the blacksmith without thinking about it *cough* item flipping *cough*
Reply Quote
24/04/2013 19:13Posted by Blacknemesy
i totally agree with you dassem,i didnt like this "best patch ever",especially the trading post idea, gold works for everybody but items dont!!

*cough* Gold farm bots *cough* Ability to use the blacksmith without thinking about it *cough* item flipping *cough*

You may cough as much as you like, but the HC AH proves the system works.

The only difference is that in HC the gear gets reset constantly, making for a very balanced resource game. In crafting, grinding and trading through ... gold.

Cough, cough, cough ...
Reply Quote
finally someone took the time to write it, had always had the same thoughts, just lazy
Reply Quote
Jfc, thank you.
I haaaated that patch.
Reply Quote
View profile
I am sorry, I didn't read the whole thread, but I can't help asking this:

Why everyone hates flippers? Flippers do not create cheap items out of thin air, they do not steal items from our inventories. For a flipper to even exist, someone must have put an item on sale on a very low price, for whatever his reason are (quick sale, full stash, unable to evaluate an item, etc).

Is it bad because the flippers make prices go high? It's a free market, it's the best that could happen, everything is open to the players, no restrictions there. The AH is so simple, simplistic even: only items & their values, no relations between items on market, nothing affects other sales, no "chain reactions" like in other games with realistic economies (EVE comes to mind).
If you think that AH is pay2win, then high prices are good because it makes it harder to "win".

Finally, I always say this: the AH works both ways, instead of getting frustrated on the available items, use it to sell those "crappy" drops you get all the time. Learn to evaluate them properly and start getting income.
Reply Quote
@Monstruos, thanks for taking your time to give me a feedback and further insights of your ideas.

The only thing I agree at the moment after reading your response is the elemental damage effect. Not decided about the new brimstones, if I would welcome or not such a change...

I know my thread was not very friendly, and that it was not easy to reply with calm and explaining some more.

I still hate the idea of trading post, which I would probably not use it if it gets live such a thing.

Just one last argument here:
When I would find a nice carver knife set with +firebats, and I would have no idea what the WD are using now, and which skills are used, what should I do? I certanly will not go on the WD forum or diabloprogress to check if that is a very used skill, and which values an item should have to be valuable. So I will just post it, and receive some offers with let's say items that I are not better than mine, or item from wizz. How am I suppose to get an upgrade from the trading post if I don't find any close to bis items so I would get nice offers? Most probably I would just get one offer from a guy which would give me a zunimassa pox for it. useless. I need a nice calamity, and will never afford it if I don't find a similar item.

It is exactly the argument used by people who want to combat criminality by getting rid of currencies, and using just cards. You can't buy drogs with cards, can't hire a hitman and pay him with the card, can't rob somebody of his money since he will only have his card, can't pay hooker with your card. So remains the trade, right? only thing is that probably what you would offer would very rarely be accepted by the other side, and getting what the other side wants is gonna be a pain the !@#.
Edited by Dassem#2850 on 25/04/2013 09:15 BST
Reply Quote
+1 to the op of this thread, too many idiots just want to slate blizzard. I think the dev team are doing a good job and I cant wait to see how diablo 3 turns out. until then I will keep playing
Reply Quote
good points, there are a lot of infantile, dead-end and outright bad design choices in that thread.
its not even laughable, just reeks of "i-want-op-max-bis-now" and "lego-effect" (build your own op item, get bored a week later, then qq and complain in forums)
Reply Quote
There are times when the community realizes the most obvious solution to a problem before the developers. Such was the case in SC2 when map makers came up with the neutral supply depot placed below the ramp of main base. The neutral supply depot prevented certain absolutely imbalanced builds from occurring, mainly pylon or bunker blocking a zerg to prevent him from expanding - there was no way for the zerg to recover economically from that block.

The neutral supply depot was introduced into every single tournament map, while ladder maps remained unchanged... until in HOTS, when blizzard decided to look into ways to solving the issue. They ended up introducing "UNBUILDABLE ROCKS", which were exactly the same as the neutral supply depot.

The advantage that blizzard has over their player communities is the amount of data they can gather. While some things are easy to spot intuitively, but as a developer you can´t be basing every decision on intuition. Pinpointing the issue, coming up with solutions and mapping out the potential effects of those solutions, testing them in practice, is how you make good changes.
Edited by rullakebab#1276 on 25/04/2013 16:27 BST
Reply Quote
Community
24/04/2013 17:28Posted by Patch84
The "if Blizzard does it it must be bad" mentality really doesn't solve anything or help at all.

It does indeed not help much, at least not if it boils down to hyperboled rants. But people are free to not like us, and they are free to post negative feedback as well... All we ask is that whatever feedback people post, be it positive or negative, please keep it constructive. :-)
Edited by Vaneras on 26/04/2013 07:44 BST
Reply Quote
Agree with OP. The patch preview has too many flaws in it. Interesting ideas, but in actuality they wouldn't really help the game, and likely make it worse. Most of the stuff listed there I just rolled my eyes at.

The core issue is the economy/AH and itemization. For the latter, Blizz is working on it and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. For the economy, as someone stated earlier, the hardcore AH is actually working pretty well. This is because items are constantly being taken out of the economy, as well as no gold farming. While gold farming will likely never be 100% stopped, Blizz could do a huge benefit to the AH by just making every item BoA on equip. Alternatively, make all legendaries BoA on pickup (and increase their drop rates to compensate a little).
Reply Quote
Agreed. That patch is simply flawed. It may be fun to read, but would be dull and complicated if the patch got implemented.
Reply Quote
Vaneras, speaking of patches, would you be so kind to update us on what's going on with the replacement for the Arenas/Team DeathMatch?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8163085/diablo-iii-pvp-update-12-27-2012
And the Elo based Matchmaking system?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6036226194?page=4#69
Are they still scheduled for patch 1.1 or?
It's been almost a year since the game's launch and like five months since the last PvP update.
Pretty please?
Edited by Noxifer#2606 on 25/04/2013 17:53 BST
Reply Quote
Agree with OP. The patch preview has too many flaws in it. Interesting ideas, but in actuality they wouldn't really help the game, and likely make it worse. Most of the stuff listed there I just rolled my eyes at.

The core issue is the economy/AH and itemization. For the latter, Blizz is working on it and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. For the economy, as someone stated earlier, the hardcore AH is actually working pretty well. This is because items are constantly being taken out of the economy, as well as no gold farming. While gold farming will likely never be 100% stopped, Blizz could do a huge benefit to the AH by just making every item BoA on equip. Alternatively, make all legendaries BoA on pickup (and increase their drop rates to compensate a little).

itemization is not the issue. lack of a consistent item sink is - leading to item economy over-saturation.
(and no, item patches, expansion items, and similar bandaids will not fix that, it will only delay the inevitable item oversaturation).
once thats fixed, you will not hear qq about "itemization" because ultimately, items would be fine if there was an item sink - just take a look at hardcore - it has a good item sink (permadeath, and thats not even consistent one!) and people are happy finding/using items you would not even vendor in softcore.

add to that a couple of good mat sinks, random endless dungeons, adjustable monster density and alls good.

binding is a horrible design choice for diablo. it hugely devalues item drops.
boa nonsense - craft a few until you get better than you can get from drops - then forget about it, no longer a sink, plus all ingame drops are now made worthless
the only mode (and i can't stress this enough) where binding on pickup works and is in fact necessary would be ironborn mode (full self-found, no trading of any kind, no twinking, no shared stash, bind on pickup to a char not account).
it will never work for sc/hc.
Reply Quote
3) The new ally.
The new ally seems interesting, I have to admit.
But there was a reason why it was removed from the game. I feel a little confused towards this idea. On one hand, I would like to grow my items, on the other hand, making it will feel mandatory to do so. So the RNG of the diablo, and diablo is all about RNG, will greatly decrease in usefulness.
I will just get a freaking Mempo with no useful stats and improve it, making it boa. Which will hurt the trading. And I will keep doing that for all my items and slowly become bis, like everyone else, with no desire to play further since I have nothing to improve anymore. If you think it is not possible to obtain all the ingredients/gold to do so, remember about the marquise gems and how people said nobody or 1% will be able to use them for the high price, and now there are several players with nothing but marquise in their gear. Similar stuff, only 1000 more.

Maybe if they had this mystic since the beginning the RNG wouldn't have been such a problem and itemization wouldn't need to be improved
Reply Quote
24/04/2013 10:09Posted by Dassem
Looks like whenever blizz does something, the community thinks it sucks, but whenever one of the community suggests something, everybody is so thrilled and think they are better than the devs themselves. I've even seen some stupid threads named "Kripp for president" just because that guy gave some insight opinions over the game

that's the most dull intro i ever seen , you remind me of that boy who was crying on youtube saying "to leave Britney alone".
instead of criticizing MrMonstrosity why dont you make your threat on what you want for the game and let the devs decide which idea is best

gold is not useless. If it was we wouldn't be able to build chars for less than 10M and do ubers on high MP. Check youtube or other budged gears

when people say stuff like this I get a "wow" vibe, it feel like a trader buying stock market and not a medieval fantasy game, cm'on peole where the immersion.

there is a reason why gold was invented, please talk with an economist, check wikipedia.

hum ...go check Diablo 2 (majority of the economy was based on item trading ) and more recently "POE"
Reply Quote
The "if Blizzard does it it must be bad" mentality really doesn't solve anything or help at all.

It does indeed not halp much, at least not if it boils down to hyperboled rants. But people are free to not like us, and they are free to post negative feedback as well... All we ask is that whatever feedback people post, be it positive or negative, please keep it constructive. :-)

Good to hear that, the devs are very incapable. Fans are actually more creative and talented. Hope you all read this too.
Edited by Quanta#1467 on 25/04/2013 19:33 BST
Reply Quote
I really liked the idea of randomly generated side dungeons. With things like...

Increased spawn locations, higher difficulty, additional monster power levels, number of levels, the layout, type of monsters, one “end boss” and so on...
Reply Quote
[quote]

hum ...go check Diablo 2 (majority of the economy was based on item trading ) and more recently "POE"

Runes, orbs.

Please show the runes and orbs equivalents in Diablo 3.
Edited by Bustar#2828 on 25/04/2013 22:09 BST
Reply Quote
25/04/2013 16:31Posted by Vaneras

It does indeed not halp much, at least not if it boils down to hyperboled rants. But people are free to not like us, and they are free to post negative feedback as well... All we ask is that whatever feedback people post, be it positive or negative, please keep it constructive. :-)

ive seen tons of constructive ideas, not really anyone applied to the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]