Diablo® III

Exploitation of Bugs in Diablo III

Community
Providing an environment where all players can enjoy Diablo III in the spirit of fair play is extremely important to us, which is why we monitor the game for exploitative activity. Through applying hotfixes and patches, we aim to improve the game and keep it as bug-free as possible; however, sometimes bugs will occur and some players will be eager to reproduce them for different reasons.

We would like to remind you that using bugs for personal gain is viewed as exploitative activity. Accounts found to be participating in dishonest behaviour, such as exploiting bugs, may be investigated and subjected to disciplinary actions in line with our Diablo III exploitation policy.
Reply Quote
Let me ask why some streamers get to do exploits and get away with it? I know a streamer that have given bad names to characters, done exploits, cheated on demonic essence dups and more.

Does streamers get some other treatment then the rest of the world? In many cases I do believe so and I am for the general a happy and positive guy overall and have never been question Blizzard Entertainment before.

Me and a whole lot of people think that normal players vs. streamers should have the benefit of exploring and report exploits like any other. Streamers on the other hand are showing it to the world. The rules should state different. "If an exploit is shown, ment to be a guide or a way to expand their stream-support. It still counts as an dishonest behaviour."

I am not mad on streamers, we have some of our own, but we have never done any exploits and braged about it + gotten away with it again and again and again.

I feel it is wrong to make SOME streamers feel invincible, if Blizzard really think streamers are a way to get more people then you should have one of your own, under contract, doing streams - so he/she can do exploits under special terms..
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Hopefully everyone who abused a recent exploit will be banned, that would be justice.
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 10:18Posted by Fean
Hopefully everyone who abused a recent exploit will be banned, that would be justice.

No they unfortunately won't... Botters aren't, scammers aren't, multiboxers (yes I know it is allowed although I strongly dislike it) aren't so...
You can only get a ban when you say something not nice on the forum :/ and it's just a forum-ban

Btw Vaneras would you kindly explain what is the "Report player for botting" option for? How come I and a couple of my friends were reporting a player we are 100% sure is a botter and there is no feedback at all? I don;t mean he should be banned right away but "thank you for contacting blizz support" for the 20th time is not enough you know?
Reply Quote

@Fean i was not about to write anything on this thread , but after i saw what you wrote , i just couldn't help it .

My friend , i respect your belief in blizzard but this is something that will not happen.

It happens for me to play WoW for 8+ years. From the start you can say. If except the first 2-3 years after that blizzard punctuality is dropped to 0 . They do nothing my friend. They are not kicking bots out of their games (SC2 thank God , at least i 've not seen one) , WoW is full bots , D3 full of gold spammers , cheaters , bots , what ever you name it mate.

As i said i respect your belief in them , but i don't ! Not anymore at least, and its not cause i don't like their games ... hell , i am very old customer of blizzard (Warcraft 1, Lost Vikings , and to this day). Got wow , got sc2 , got d3 (although its my 1st diablo game, i was lured by the awesome graphics) but damn ...... this here on Diablo 3 , reminds me World of Warcraft : WotLK ...... we had the same problems back then , lots of bots, lots of hacks , do you remember those guys in orgrimmar that was making corpse letters and phrases to the ground ? Those level 1 warriors !

I certenly hope blizzard will someday be able to "kill" the bots and the cheaters but , sorry mate they wont. They just don't give a damn about us anymore.

I'm not going to say i quit or anything , i've accepted what blizzard is doing and i just ignore the rest. That you all should just ignore it , and let blizzard face reality of what is going on in there ! Especially on diablo 3
Reply Quote
Why did they bother to post something like this when they simply don't enforce it? Amazing....
Reply Quote
What if i'm doing something and i don't even know it's exploit, what then? How can that be fair if i get banned. I don't even know what exploits are there in D3.
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 09:51Posted by Vaneras
Providing an environment where all players can enjoy Diablo III in the spirit of fair play is extremely important to us

In a game where your useless RNG system makes the game pointless for anyone with bad luck... what a joke.
Reply Quote

It has to be a case by case basis, there cannot be a one size fits all here.
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 10:12Posted by Enkeria
Let me ask why some streamers get to do exploits and get away with it? I know a streamer that have given bad names to characters, done exploits, cheated on demonic essence dups and more.
They do not. All players are evaluated on a case-by-case basis by Account Administration. Please continue reporting all individuals that you observe doing such things to Hacks@blizzard.com, where they will happily evaluate things that occur.
02/05/2013 11:19Posted by DKnG
You can only get a ban when you say something not nice on the forum :/ and it's just a forum-ban
We have agreed to follow the Code of Conduct... While Blizzard Entertainment does state "Every voice matters" as a core value, it does not give you the right to toss the equivalent of a tantrum via text in a post.
02/05/2013 12:51Posted by tsem13
I certenly hope blizzard will someday be able to "kill" the bots and the cheaters but , sorry mate they wont. They just don't give a damn about us anymore.
They do. They are compassionate and amazing individuals, who work on a day-to-day basis to combat any exploits, botters, and gold sellers. It doesn't help when people think that their account is invincible and thus, not purchase an authenticator (sold at cost, btw) and pretty much invite malicious people to take their account.

Gold selling is a multi-billion dollar (sorry, American here) industry that can only be vanquished by everyone not buying gold. It's a vicious and sad cycle that we need to kill.
Reply Quote
http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/17730069

There are many duplicated items in D3, here is an example. Blizzard, how would you like to do?
Reply Quote
Are we sure Blizzard patched the Europe servers so gold duping doesn't work ? I think they forgot....
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 09:51Posted by Vaneras
exploiting bugs

a bug is not exploited, just used...

an exploit is something that the game mechanics allow and has been designed like that originally, but ultimately it is not intended.
Reply Quote
Well to put it this way

Streamers = free mass advertising.
Average player no matter how hardcore he is = someone who we already got the money from
Reply Quote
can someone explain what is bug ? since auction house self sell/buy is absurd to me but blizzard doesnt count that as a bug ? its like i f**** a drunk girl and now im rapis*.......
Edited by PalmoliveHD#2349 on 13/06/2013 10:42 BST
Reply Quote
Blizzard should really take a look at whats going on at streaming sites as twitch etc. Both for Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 check that they are following the video policy and TOS.

I don't relay know what tokens are but they are giving it away to subscribers (cost money), and mentioning token bots etc. and that can not be legal.
Reply Quote
19/06/2013 11:40Posted by asedt
I don't relay know what tokens are but they are giving it away to subscribers (cost money), and mentioning token bots etc. and that can not be legal.

Tokens are collected "coins" from a made up bot. You get tokens upon watching streams. These are then later changed into a form of economy which you trade in for giveaways of some kind. I just read about it.

Blizz need to check out streamers in general. There are many of them doing exploits and stuff *live*, and getting away with it again and again. I feel it is wrong.

13/06/2013 10:41Posted by PalmoliveHD
can someone explain what is bug ? since auction house self sell/buy is absurd to me but blizzard doesnt count that as a bug ? its like i f**** a drunk girl and now im rapis*.......

A bug would be that it was no girl, it was a pillow. And that the system (read your mind) had a code that wasn't supose to be there, messing things up.

An exploit, in video games, is the use of a bug or glitches, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers. The code can be right, but did not work as they thought.
Edited by Enkeria#1978 on 26/06/2013 12:41 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]