Diablo® III

Expansion - revisit old bosses in endless dungeon?

- Diablo III
View profile
I'd love to see the likes of Baal make a re-appearance. He was a lot of fun, and i miss his mean minions.

Perhaps they could add the endless dungeon idea into the game and every 15 levels a Boss of old makes a re-appearance in some way. I'm even talking the hellforge smith and the countess etc.

A random boss could spawn every 15 levels and have a chance to drop specific loot.

Which old enemies/bosses would you like to see back in the series?
Edited by D3MON#2220 on 23/05/2013 13:17 BST
Reply Quote
No guaranteed type of loot in a random loot game, thats not the Diablo spirit.

I remember playing a mod in D2 and when you killed Black Raven there always dropped the same type of items, and that is bull!@#$.

I do like the idea of endless dungeon though, but it should not only be for Inferno and most certainly not only for paragon 100 as some suggest.

A nice location for the entrance can be the dungeon in Old Tristram, easy accessible by waypoint.
Some restrictions can be character level 60, and placed both in Hell as well as Inferno, so there are 2 difficulties.

It would be a nice place to farm items and Paragon levels, but you cant use it to boost hero level before you get 60.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
Not guaranteed loot drops, just a chance to drop something specific and even then, only a chance for that specific boss to spawn, could be any number of bosses.

What boss might you like to come across in the endless dungeon IRONMAN?
Reply Quote
Baal, Lord of Destruction
Mephisto, Lord of Hatred
Duriel, Lord of Pain

23/05/2013 13:22Posted by IRONMAN
I do like the idea of endless dungeon though, but it should not only be for Inferno and most certainly not only for paragon 100 as some suggest.
yes only for inferno and even better only for people that COMPLETED inferno scince that is a cakewalk these days anyway so
Reply Quote
23/05/2013 13:53Posted by Mokum
scince that is a cakewalk these days anyway so

When you use the AH yes.

Playing Doom 3 on Nightmare with cheats is also a cakewalk.

23/05/2013 13:40Posted by D3MON
What boss might you like to come across in the endless dungeon IRONMAN?

I would like to see Mephisto, Andariel and Baal.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
Archbishop Lazarus could be cool, from D1...

http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/D1_Quest_Bosses

Mempisto, Baal and andariel would have to go in there. Even an awesome cave for Duriel :)

How cool would it be if you had to go through one level of Tal Rasha's tomb to find a bunch of mini Duriel maggots you had to take out (ones you didnt step on in D2)
Reply Quote
i dont want endless dungeon.
Reply Quote
What also could be fun, a remake of Diablo 1 in Diablo 3 as "mini game" Same random layouts from Dungeon-Catacombs-Caves-Hell and the bosses accordingly. Cant be too hard to implement.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
23/05/2013 14:11Posted by vknez

Hi vknes,

How come? You wouldn't have to play it if it was implemented :) just another thing to do in the world of Diablo.
Reply Quote
23/05/2013 14:11Posted by vknez
simple solution then dont go in the endless dungeon simple as that
Reply Quote
So funny people opposing something that can only be good for the game.
Its the same as saying: "I dont want Hardcore in the game" because you wont play it.
People are too self centered nowadays, "if I dont like it nobody can have it"
Reply Quote
i like this endless dungeon idea in general and im sure most players would love it, also the diablo 1 remake sounds nice to me, but sadly, it doesnt look like Blizz wants to add new content in patches (for free)
Reply Quote
Endless dungeon = custom games. why not just suggest custom games.
Reply Quote
No guaranteed type of loot in a random loot game, thats not the Diablo spirit.

I remember playing a mod in D2 and when you killed Black Raven there always dropped the same type of items, and that is bull!@#$.

A nice location for the entrance can be the dungeon in Old Tristram, easy accessible by waypoint.
Some restrictions can be character level 60, and placed both in Hell as well as Inferno, so there are 2 difficulties.

It would be a nice place to farm items and Paragon levels, but you cant use it to boost hero level before you get 60.

D2 had a chance to drop specific loot in specific areas thats why it was so much more easy to farm. You didnt have total randomness as in D3. You can see here the loot tables for D2 http://web.archive.org/web/20060601051716/http://www.d2data.net/ . There is nothing similiar in D3 that why it is so hard to actually find something you cant look for specific items.
Reply Quote
Personally i would be more interested in seeing new interesting monsters than old reused ones from diablo 2. Its enough that we see the Butcher from D1 and Diablo again. We have allready beaten mephisto, baal, duriel and the others once there is no need to bring them back imo.
Reply Quote
24/05/2013 10:04Posted by Deadrat
Personally i would be more interested in seeing new interesting monsters than old reused ones from diablo 2. Its enough that we see the Butcher from D1 and Diablo again. We have allready beaten mephisto, baal, duriel and the others once there is no need to bring them back imo.
blasphemy!!!!!!
Reply Quote
Community
Endless dungeons is a topic that have been brought up quite a few times now, although I must admit I have never seen the idea combined with the suggestion of old Diablo bosses reappearing in them :-)

Endless dungeons is an idea that there are many different takes on and we have seen quite a few variations on the idea being posted on these forums and elsewhere. This idea was actually also being discussed in a recent live stream interview with Travis Day and Wyatt Cheng on Archon the Wizard's twitch stream:

Does the idea of endless dungeon come up in those conversations?
Travis: Yes, we talk about that a lot. It’s funny, with endless dungeon, it’s… it’s something people will heatedly debate what that’s supposed to mean. I have my own take, but I’m not sure what everyone wants from it. My take is that players want a measuring stick, to see how far you can go, like they reached level 200 or something. But I think the real purpose is that players just want to play for a long time without repeating the same levels over and over again. They don’t want just more Alkaizer runs.

So, to get a little more clarification on this idea, what exactly is it you have in mind when you think about an Endless Dungeon? What is it that you would like to see or find in such a dungeon? And also, what kind of gameplay and goals would you want and aim for if you could play in an endless dungeon?
Reply Quote
24/05/2013 13:27Posted by Vaneras
So, to get a little more clarification on this idea, what exactly is it you have in mind when you think about an Endless Dungeon? What is it that you would like to see or find in such a dungeon? And also, what kind of gameplay and goals would you want and aim for if you could play in an endless dungeon?

At this point, I don't think it matters that much. Just throw something basic on the PTR to get a feel and let the community shape it from there.
Reply Quote
24/05/2013 13:27Posted by Vaneras

A reward system. Each level promises more elites, treasure hobbits, gold, r.chests or just more MF/GF. Maybe enemies become stronger and more powerful for each level, thus making the rewards greater. Deep in the dungeon there would be goblins that drop gems, maybe even Star gems. Deeper in you can finish quests and if successful you would receive more permanent Str/Vit/Int/Dex. 'Hero Quests' or 'Nephalem Quests'. A reward system really. An endless dungeon where you just kill mobs, like you do today, isnt really exciting or motivating.
Reply Quote

I'd like to see a literally endless dungeon. Without end. With a random spawned map, perhaps incorporate this idea here: http://www.diablofans.com/topic/94953-back-to-d3-had-a-lil-idea-that-i-thought-was-cool-the-randomratorpatent-pending/

But at the core of an endless dungeon, make it the alternative for doing runs. So include a nice dense stream of mobs, perhaps in waves like in the starcraft and warcraft story events, perhaps adding increased difficulty along the way, like horde mode in gears of war. That provides endless replayability in that game, why not learn, build from there :p
Edited by Kamisei#2400 on 24/05/2013 14:04 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]