Diablo® III

An awesome idea for Diablo3

100 Human Monk
The Problem

So, the bonus increase added to ones MF and EXP gain,when playing as a group, was a perfect idea to boost the encouragement for people to play with each other, instead of solo farming all the time.

The problem is, that it really didn't change anything but making farming more efficient in a group. Sure, it's fun now, but soon people will get bored again. I've actually already seen a great deal of people whine about this patch only made more crappy legendaries drop.

So what else, could Blizzard do to encourage group play?

My Idea

A weekly boss event!

Every week, a boss event, that REQUIRES 4 people in a group to encounter!
To join the event, you'll have to either create a game with the "Weekly boss" quest, then open to public, or try to join the quest under "Public games" as you will need a full 4 man team to go through the entrance to the boss itself.

*EDIT* - as players come with good ideas to make this idea better! :)

• The weekly boss event, should be SOLOABLE - yet, doing the weekly boss in a group, will still give greater reward, due to the added difficulty. (Just like the MF and XP bonus gain gets greater depending on the amount of people that are within the group)
  • The Encounter

Once the 4 men is gathered, you move through the entrance, and a boss will present itself.
    A reuse of an already existing monster model, but bigger in size and added colours (like Elite Packs etc.) is completely fine! Even a reused area for a place to battle the boss is fine!
    Though, do add some special abilities/mechanics to the boss, to make it more interesting and challenging.

The loot

An easy to to determine the quality of the drop, is to say the higher the MP# difficulty, the better the drop.

To add even more awesome to this weekly boss encounter, when you down the weekly boss on MP10, a huge and tough treasure goblin, called the King of Treasures, will appear from a portal, yelling out something like this "CRAP, Wrong portal!" - Now your group has to down this huge, and heavy healthed treasure goblin, before it vanishes into another portal (like a normal treasure goblin encounter). If the group manages to down this King of Treasures, they are all rewarded with 1 legendary each, if they do not down the goblin, they are left with gold, blues and a bit of rare items.

Final Words

That was my idea, I hope blizzard will do something close to this!

What do you guys think about this?
    And do you have any cool ideas to make this one, even better?
    Edited by Zlex#2223 on 25/05/2013 04:06 BST
    Reply Quote
    seems legit :D
    Reply Quote
    Fantastic idea! I wet my pants thinking about this, would definitely add fun into a game that ive almost given up on. Druidzanders you are my hero!
    Reply Quote
    very nice idea
    Reply Quote
    nice idea it would bring "teamplay" back to d3 instead of mindless farming
    Reply Quote
    And soon the game is called "World of Diablo"
    And there are Daily Quests, Mounts and stuff... Sounds "awesome" :)
    Reply Quote
    Why do you need to encourage group play with anything other than, well, group play? If people enjoy playing in groups, then surely they'll do so without needing extra motivation. If they don't enjoy playing in groups, then why make them?
    Reply Quote
    As a person who only plays Solo 99.9% of the time (because this is what I think is fun) I think this is a terrible idea. If there was some sort of option for me to do a similar "weekly boss" but solo then it is a great idea, but to force me to play in a group if I want to partake in this is just dumb. Plus with all the rewards it pretty much forces me to do this if I want to farm at the same level as everyone else.

In other words - if you take out the "requires a party of 4" part, then this is a great idea. Why weekly though? Wouldn't it make more sense to have it be daily? or even just another event like Ubers where you have to get a few drops to combine into something that opens a portal?

Regardless, I think your idea itself is great (I support any idea that adds more content/bosses to the game for sure) but making it only for group play is a terrible move imo.

Cheers,
    Reply Quote
    24/05/2013 14:37Posted by Druidzanders
    you will need a full 4 man team

the game designer have said, that all content in the game, have to soloable, so this part, would not be implemented. And i think it is a bad idea. It is a classic example of how wow players come to diablo 3 with all their "great and awesome" wow stuff ideas, and then tries to make diablo more like wow, but plz stop doing that. We are some that like diablo for what it is, don't try to make it more like wow, if you love wow that much, then just play wow.

Different games for different people, not every game is everyons cup of tea, so if you just want another wow like game, then go back to wow.
    Reply Quote
    Just wondering if CM wizards will still be able to perm freeze the king of treasures at the last second before the goblin escapes?
    Reply Quote
    Diablo 3 would be a better game if people would build upon and refine ideas like this instead of criticizing the OP
    Reply Quote
    you will need a full 4 man team

the game designer have said, that all content in the game, have to soloable, so this part, would not be implemented. And i think it is a bad idea. It is a classic example of how wow players come to diablo 3 with all their "great and awesome" wow stuff ideas, and then tries to make diablo more like wow, but plz stop doing that. We are some that like diablo for what it is, don't try to make it more like wow, if you love wow that much, then just play wow.

Different games for different people, not every game is everyons cup of tea, so if you just want another wow like game, then go back to wow.

Reply to your opinion on the idea "Must be soloable"

In that case, of course it should be soloable then. But I still think there should be added benefits to the loot, if you down the boss as a group, since the boss will become tougher to beat.

Just like the MF and XP gain buff gets greater the more players that are within the group

Rant about your "WoW comment"

I've played Diablo, since the beginning. I even played Diablo Hellfire!

So throwing that "Oh, he is a WoW player, so the idea is like trying to bring WoW elements into Diablo trolololol" is really just.. low

Having a weekly event in a game, is NOT a WoW trait, to even start claiming that, shows how little experience you have in terms of online RPG games. It's a thing, that was implemented in basically online games, to keep peoples interest in the game strong.

Next time you reply to an idea like this, I advise you to JUST write your opinion on the idea itself, which in this case was: "It has to be soloable, forcing players to play with a group is not a great idea"

Instead of adding an imply that the idea is bad, because he/she plays WoW
    Edited by Zlex#2223 on 25/05/2013 03:14 BST
    Reply Quote
    wowkař..
    Reply Quote
    People keeps forgetting that is is not an MMO like GW2 or WoW. Diablo is NOT a game for "weekly events" and "xmas celebration funny items" and things like that.
    Reply Quote
    This idea is really solid. If we take a look at other arp's like path of exile, we can clearly see the added appeal from ingame events (ladders, leveling races etc...) and the way they ensure a great extension of the game's potentional lifespan. Agreed, the idea needs a polish and refinement but events are what would ensure diablo's forseeable future to be great.

Also, saying that this would make d3 like wow is completely ignorant. Simply adding more content and encouraging group play and social interaction can only benefit the players and the community in my humble opinion.

Tldr : idea is great but needs refinement

Edit : typos
    Edited by Paintskill#2283 on 25/05/2013 19:33 BST
    Reply Quote
    +1

Also would like to see city hub, something we had in D2 or atleast the town we made ours in D2 :P
    Were we can trade easy form groups etc etc
    Reply Quote
    Yep, yet another great idea that will be entirely ignored by Blizzard, once again. Don't they realize the potential of these community ideas? Are they too arrogant to accept ideas from anywhere outsidew their own "creative meetings"? Or is it just that they don't read their own forums at all? It's quite sad, really, to see all these wonderful ideas come and go with no response at all from Blizzard, time and time again.
    Reply Quote
    25/05/2013 01:25Posted by Tonelol
    Diablo 3 would be a better game if people would build upon and refine ideas like this instead of criticizing the OP

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Reply Quote
    I really like this idea and many MANY more that have been posted by people in these forums but after a year nothing changed and we got nothing from patches really...
    I really hope we will get most of those suggestions in the expansion tho, cause it will be a waste of effort from the people who love this game and want to see it improved
    Edited by KrEDeL#2116 on 25/05/2013 22:49 BST
    Reply Quote
    and maybe some random event everyday?
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]