Diablo® III

Skorn, a must have ?

90 Orc Shaman
Hello fellow witch doctors. I have a question, it might come out stupid but w/e, I have problems surviving elite packs when running firebats/Cloud of bats build. and i'm thinking, maybe it's my low Life steal. So is a Skorn really necessary for farming mp8-10 smooth ? Please check my current gear stats before commenting. Preciate the help !

And if so is it worth buying any kind of skorn or should i just be passive until i can snipe some 1.5k dps skorn ?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Monte-2198/hero/7433962

Regards.
Edited by Monte#2198 on 30/05/2013 03:54 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Ps. I'm currently playing mp8-10
Reply Quote
Link your Profile pls
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Monte-2198/hero/7433962
Reply Quote
In my opinion your problem now is with All Res, u should try to get more maybe on your Trails/WH/Pants and craft some bracers.

If u don't have enough gold for a good CK/Sword and Mojo(SoS) then Skorn will be a very good choise, but after u have more EHP, if u only buy Skorn you won't survive much more.
Edited by Quid#2978 on 30/05/2013 04:02 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
aah okey, well i have a budget around 1 billion. So i'll try with getting more All Res. Thanks for your time and answer, I preciate it !

750ish All Res should be enough no ?
Edited by Monte#2198 on 30/05/2013 04:06 BST
Reply Quote
Try getting 800+
Reply Quote
If you are having trouble surviving, you can adjust your passives to include Spirit Vessel or Jungle Fortitude. If you pick Spirit Vessel, your Spirit Walk will be shortened by 2 seconds, which is always helpful.

Also, Blood Ritual is generally considered better than Spiritual Attunement for a bat build.
Reply Quote
I've tried both builds and for me skorn is better atleast for bat build. 1h+very good offhand is nice but good skorns are much better. Bought mine for a decent price last night, good luck in finding one good for you! (cheap as possible of course:)
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
30/05/2013 07:26Posted by nazgul29
I've tried both builds and for me skorn is better atleast for bat build.

Unless you prefer to play PB over CoB.
Reply Quote
PB is nice to play when you have freeze wiz and no monk around, you don't have to move so much:). Not tested PB with Skorn but i will do this tonight when i will be home.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
nazgul the problem with Skorn and PB is stacking the damage takes longer unless you have a lot of IAS gear.
Reply Quote
Must have?
No.
Reply Quote
upgrade ur gem in helm, 3-4% will help, get armor on ur chest and boots, I had the same problem, and 4300 armor seemed to be my magic number to help me surive better.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]