Diablo® III

Diablo 3 intended to be a Console game all along?

The last paragraph grabbed my interest. some pretty wild perhaps valid claims? What do you guys think? It make sense correct? Only 4 players?

http://geekshizzle.com/2013/06/07/diablo-3-on-ps34-everything-you-need-to-know/

Im still not clear on how the controls will work on Ps3? With a mouse you point and click on the enemy, and the character attacks. How will you "click" on the enemy to attack with the console controller?

Edited by VhailorZ#1577 on 07/06/2013 12:42 BST
Reply Quote
P.S - how on earth do I post a hyperlink?

Thanks. :)
Reply Quote
You move your character with the joystick, I would guess
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 intended to be a Console game all along?

Well.. ofcourse.
Reply Quote
Since the Interface and movement were competely changed, no.

Couch play with the wife is the only thing that interests me.

But I like the AH (certainly in HC) more in the PC version.

So no, both versions are adapted to their platforms.
Reply Quote
Community
07/06/2013 15:17Posted by BenBoske
So no, both versions are adapted to their platforms.

Very much this!
Reply Quote
The last paragraph grabbed my interest. some pretty wild perhaps valid claims? What do you guys think? It make sense correct? Only 4 players?

Im still not clear on how the controls will work on Ps3? With a mouse you point and click on the enemy, and the character attacks. How will you "click" on the enemy to attack with the console controller?

The game on pc has an interface and gameplay experience more immediate and make it more compatible with console than other similar games. Yet the interface for console has been optimised even further.
Reply Quote
07/06/2013 12:41Posted by VhailorZ
Actually it makes no sense whatsoever. Just out of curiosity, why would any video company that intents to create a console game, create a PC game instead? If D3 were originally intended to be a console game, it would have been a console game.

They might have considered the possibility to extend the game to other platforms from the start, but that's just forward thinking and not the conspiracy theory you are implying here.
Reply Quote

Diablo 1 had four player multiplayer and I dare suggest that it wasn't completely just a big a test for the Playstation port. Also, where do you get the idea that consoles only have four player online multiplayer?
Reply Quote
07/06/2013 15:20Posted by Vaneras
Very much this!

rofl, great excuse for being lazy
Reply Quote
07/06/2013 15:24Posted by OneTyper

the same way the did in Diablo 1 on PSX
Reply Quote
Before Diablo 3 launched, Blizzard tried to hire people who had experience with console games to find out whether it would be able to port it, or make a version on console that would work. I remember reading about it here. So I guess you are wrong trolls if you think it was made for consoles.
Reply Quote
Community
08/06/2013 15:03Posted by iLiZiUM
Very much this!

I am not sure I follow your logic, so it could be great if you would elaborate on why or how you think we are being lazy :-)

To me it is anything but lazy to properly adapt the game for each platform it is released on, with things like specifically developed user interfaces, cameras, and controls optimised for delivering the best gameplay experience possible no matter if you are sitting on a couch playing in front of a TV using a controller, or sitting on an office chair playing in front of a monitor using a mouse and keyboard.

Had we just been porting the game copy-paste style without paying any attention to the fact that different platforms are in fact different, then I would agree with you that we were being lazy.
Reply Quote
Okay i got a question i hope you can answer then Vaneras, why do we only have 4 skill slots, i heard and read about it being a question about balance, but why not have five skills on the keyboard, surely it will not break the game, and it could open up a huge ton of build, expeciely(sorry about the bad spelling) with the item patch on the horizon. also as we only have four and the consoles have a four button lay-out, i really can't help but think you started out with the pc being a base for the console version.

also come with the patch already, my monk is dyeing for that lvl 63 sledgefist with socket!! :b
Reply Quote
Didn't he mean, that you are being lazy for just confirming, instead of explaining it further?
Reply Quote
10/06/2013 16:36Posted by Vaneras
I am not sure I follow your logic, so it could be great if you would elaborate on why or how you think we are being lazy :-)

My guess would be that it was about the comment being too simple, rather than the idea.
Reply Quote
You realise a huge amount of players also have gamepads for their pc? Why wouldnt you implement it on the pc version as an option. I would love to sit on the coach and play diablo 3 aswell. Seems fair i have to buy the SAME game again just for that option.

You cannot use the excuse 'we ported the game for ps3... new interface etc' because if you didnt nobody would be able to play it (and you would lose money). That doesnt make you unlazy.

By not providing certain features to the pc customers who can use the new interface you ARE being lazy and are attempting to take more money from them
Edited by iLiZiUM#2564 on 10/06/2013 20:36 BST
Reply Quote
Okay i got a question i hope you can answer then Vaneras, why do we only have 4 skill slots, i heard and read about it being a question about balance, but why not have five skills on the keyboard, surely it will not break the game, and it could open up a huge ton of build, expeciely(sorry about the bad spelling) with the item patch on the horizon. also as we only have four and the consoles have a four button lay-out, i really can't help but think you started out with the pc being a base for the console version.

also come with the patch already, my monk is dyeing for that lvl 63 sledgefist with socket!! :b

Well a couple of years before the game was released, you could actually have 5 skills on the keyboard, but then they changed it, to that the 5th skill slot, would be a "potion dedicated slot". and the reason why they did this was bcs, they the player to make a hard choice about which skills to use. And alot of players (atleast myself), would actually be able to choose very easily which skills to use, if we had a extra slot, but now we have to make a choice, about which of the skills we want to use.
Hope i explain this in a good enough way.
Reply Quote
10/06/2013 16:36Posted by Vaneras

To me it is anything but lazy to properly adapt the game for each platform it is released on, with things like specifically developed user interfaces, cameras, and controls optimised for delivering the best gameplay experience possible no matter if you are sitting on a couch playing in front of a TV using a controller, or sitting on an office chair playing in front of a monitor using a mouse and keyboard.

Had we just been porting the game copy-paste style without paying any attention to the fact that different platforms are in fact different, then I would agree with you that we were being lazy.

The expansion pack for Diablo 3 hasn't even been announced yet and you're only releasing like one minor patch every second or third month. I don't think you're lazy but I think you take way too long to make decisions for your games. If you're not so creative to come up with something new that will keep the game fun for your community then you should hire some more devs, there has been so many great threads on these forums with suggestions and none of them as been added to the game, only Kripparrians "Champion Levels" aka Paragon Levels. Waiting almost 2 years just for an announcement for a expansion pack to such a short game like Diablo 3 that didn't deliver up to it's hype and promises is really bad for a big company like Blizzard. I understand you want the game to be as close to perfect as possible but waiting so much time for those small extra improvements are just not worth it. I love the game and the effort you putted into it although a lot of things went wrong it's still a good game... disappointing, but good. The game has been improved since it's launch but it's still far from the Diablo game I thought I was buying and I know I'm not the only Diablo fan with this opinion, everyone I know IRL has the same thoughts. I'm almost Paragon 100 and I honestly can't see any reason to keep playing after this, and I've just been taking a long 6 months break from the game so I really don't want to quit again already. I'm not writing this to bash you, but because I love Diablo so much it's just painful to wait so long, especially when you know that the expansion pack might not even be what I'm looking for. I know I've been negative in some of my posts on these forums but it has all been because I have a lot of passion for the game and I really want it to be great, and I think you're the only game development company out there who can come up with a quality Action-RPG title.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]