Diablo® III

Itemization patch. Is it console only?

As per the recent interview with Blizzard about the console version of the game this quote stood out in my eyes quite a bit:

"The PC version of D3 might get updated with some of the console features"

Now does this mean that the itemization patch (which will come "soon" after Blizzcon) is for the console version only and some of the features will be ported over to the PC?

I'm asking since all Blizzard is talking about, as of late, is the console version, and really, the itemization patch really wasn't confirmed for the PC 100%.
Reply Quote
Community
No need to worry: The itemization changes Travis introduced in the Developer Journal were intended for the PC version all along, and that hasn't changed. It is true that itemization on the console has been adjusted, too, but these adjustments are made to better tailor the experience to the platform.

For example, you'll see less items drop on console and those that drop will typically be of higher quality overall. Also, when a white or grey item drops, there is a chance it gets automatically converted into gold. These changes are made to manage the flow of gameplay and give console players the opportunity to focus on combat as much as possible, and spend less time managing their inventory.

Again, these are console-specific adjustments, not to be confused with the itemization revamp that is in the works for the PC version.
Reply Quote
Managing your inventory full of items to sell for gold isn't more fun on PC, it's still the same chore.

Assuming the mechanics behind the scenes firing the RNG for the itemization in ConD3 reuses the same system as D3, why is it so hard to repackage that code and re-use on the PC?

I'd be happy with a small fix reducing the number of drops for higher quality until Blizzard are ready to chop out the "full" itemization changes (which, I should assume, will come with wholesale rune & skill changes, because using items to make runes fun makes no sense).
Reply Quote
Hi

I saw this blue post in d3 fans and i could not avoid laughing and thinking wow they are launching this game like super fancy something in ps3 but inside is rotten and empty

turning grey and white in gold? excuse me, you should turn ALL items except rings, ammys and non-63-legendaries into gold, theres 0,000000000001% you find something good

in the last 2 months, i have made few billions just by playing the AH which takes me 20min every 2 days, more than the 1500+ hours i dedicated to farm like a fool one year of playing

anyways, the game is still cool, but only because reaching level 100 paragorn, you should add something new beyond lvl 100

loot in this game is like slapping players in the face, you are really kicking people from this game and you still dont know

have a good day
Reply Quote

For example, you'll see less items drop on console and those that drop will typically be of higher quality overall. Also, when a white or grey item drops, there is a chance it gets automatically converted into gold. These changes are made to manage the flow of gameplay and give console players the opportunity to focus on combat as much as possible, and spend less time managing their inventory.

Again, these are console-specific adjustments, not to be confused with the itemization revamp that is in the works for the PC version.

Since we're still in the dark about the item revamp for PC, this may not even be an issue, but how is that a fair approach to dealing with white and grey items when I still have to run around throwing crap out of my inventory that I didn't even want to pick up? Even if I do have a mouse instead of a controller, sifting through trash to click the right item labels and still ending up with the wrong items in my inventory on occasion destroys my "flow of combat" too.

I was completely against removing all meaning from two classes of items in the game when it happened back in Beta, but we were were continuously told about that amazing loot-pinata effect. If the PC version doesn't get a similar change, at the very least raise the amount of gold you get from selling them. Its not like the Loot-Pinata actually works anyway unless its a legendary - a full inventory of yellows is just as viable as a full inventory of white items to use most of the time anyway.
Edited by Ferret#2899 on 20/06/2013 14:47 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]