Diablo® III

White Items not Utilized

Blizzard,

White items shouldn't be junk. It will be really nice and exciting if you could add a side quest that will allow us to enchant a white item with 6 random properties.

Currently balanced white weapons have insane attack speed and just the idea of making a godly balanced weapon is thrilling.

Remember, it's the HOPE of finding/crafting good items is what makes us excited about playing and addicted, the HOPE

Please give us hope since legendaries currently give us no hope because they are almost always junk.

Thank you
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
I find it funny/sad that I remember before dinging 60, blue items could also be viable to use, because you didn't have the money back then to get a good rare.

Now blue and whites are just junk. Rares and legendary are also junk, but at least they give you a small grain of hope.

If we can't use whites and blues for anything, then why can't we get a setting to disable them, so they don't clutter the screen?
Reply Quote
In order to make console gameplay convenient, the itemization ideas are getting implemented at full speed. One of them being grey and white items automatically turning into gold instead of the player having to waste time picking them up (if at all) and going to sell them in town.

This is how they solve that problem on the console versions. Would be nice to have in PC version as well.
Reply Quote
@Zigma I remember a wd back in the day when my monk got 2shoted by phasebeasts...well that wd had the most unbelievable veil piercer, a 1000+ dps and + 26% attack speed! It was a blue, and I don't have the ss anymore....

It's not too late to introduce the horadric cube to craft items in there, bring back the crafted orange items. Let us craft blue items in there or even rares, but those would require a higher cost of gem (per say perfect or radiant star - the options should be worth it ofc!). And then make as OP suggests, a quest for transforming whites into rares and keep the option the white has....I still find one hand crossbows with 20+% attack speed....
Reply Quote
Community
21/06/2013 04:09Posted by DarkAbyss
White items shouldn't be junk. It will be really nice and exciting if you could add a side quest that will allow us to enchant a white item with 6 random properties.

We totally agree that white items needs to be useful or interesting in some way, because there are no real reason to have them in the game if they are not... making them some type of base items for heavy random properties enchants is an interesting idea for sure. Nothing have been set in stone yet however, so we are definitely interested in hearing more from you guys about what you think would make white items more interesting.

In case you are interested, Wyatt Cheng recently shared his thoughts on the topic of white items in Diablo III.
Reply Quote
21/06/2013 12:51Posted by Vaneras
Nothing have been set in stone yet however, so we are definitely interested in hearing more from you guys about what you think would make white items more interesting

i would love it if the problem regarding looting on mp10 would be addressed before patch gets out, can't believe it is so inconceivable to fix this problem so we can farm without being annoyed everytime it's time to loot..... you guys won't find any use for them anyway since you don't have runes or anything else besides gems to put in...
Reply Quote
21/06/2013 07:35Posted by Zigma
If we can't use whites and blues for anything, then why can't we get a setting to disable them, so they don't clutter the screen?

ANSWER THIS!!!!!
Reply Quote
so we are definitely interested in hearing more from you guys about what you think would make white items more interesting.

My opinion you got to have differences betwen items and mp levels and paragon level..As i understand randomization and it s effects and rng and stuff , i think me as paragon level 100 and playng on mp 10 to have a slight better chance to find something thats in the areea of that level and mp...The randomized items should stay that way but add something different betwen levels so it could make a difference betwen a level 1 paragon player playng on mp 3 4 and a 5 6 1n and 10 .Rewarding makes this game fun and i now the devs are working on itemization i really hope it turns well , as i sayd before in other post i really loved this game , but now im kinda bored with it because of the itemization and the lack of pvp who i think it s an important part of the game..1 of the reasons i bought this game was that the pvp was announced in patch 1.1..I really hope you read what people think or care about the game and take regard of what day 1 players say because we were your beta tester for free for a long time...
Reply Quote
Community
21/06/2013 13:14Posted by Silkestud

ANSWER THIS!!!!!

You know that the Caps Lock button is evil right? It does evil things to people!

Anyways, back on topic, Wyatt Cheng has answered this question, which you can see if you follow the developer interview link that I posted in my previous post:
I know that there's a really popular request to hide white items, and blue items even. I think that that's a totally understandable request. It's not really something that we want to do. What we'd rather do is get to the root of the problem.
Reply Quote
Yet another thing that should have been done before the game was launched. I guess they were too good to make things useful like D2..... No cube, no problem...no fun...no problem....then they
doubled it.
Edited by Metal#1475 on 21/06/2013 13:35 BST
Reply Quote
21/06/2013 13:36Posted by Silkestud
I know that there's a really popular request to hide white items, and blue items even. I think that that's a totally understandable request. It's not really something that we want to do. What we'd rather do is get to the root of the problem.

great, so the developer has decided it is much better for us to suffer this problem for months and months instead of giving us a temporary fix.... awesome mentality, just awesome....

Welcome to Neoblizzard.
Reply Quote
You know that the Caps Lock button is evil right? It does evil things to people!

I used shift................
been looking for an answer for this for months, and this is what we get?

21/06/2013 13:30Posted by Vaneras

great, so the developer has decided it is much better for us to suffer this problem for months and months instead of giving us a temporary fix.... awesome mentality, just awesome....

and maybe i would have read the interview if it was on these forums?
why is it we have to go to all these other sites to gather information about diablo 3 instead of the d3 forums ?

it's like going to the baker to ask if the butcher has anything new on the menue..
Reply Quote
21/06/2013 13:19Posted by P4n1ka
My opinion you got to have differences betwen items and mp levels and paragon level..As i understand randomization and it s effects and rng and stuff , i think me as paragon level 100 and playng on mp 10 to have a slight better chance to find something thats in the areea of that level and mp.

As Paragon 100, you have +300% MF. -> *Better* drops.
In MP10 you have 100% chance for double drop, i.e. each time a drop happens a *2nd* is also rolled -> *more* drops. Also, in MP10 you have higher MF bonus -> *Better* drops

So, if you have both *MORE* and *BETTER* drops your probability to get *THE* good drop is increased.
Reply Quote
anyway, i think Vaneras just made it very clear that bnet forum is useless if you want INFORMATION...

i'm done checking this useless forum, no offense to you guys posting here... it's just a collection of people posting their (for the most part) awesome ideas, only to be told, "we have a better idea in mind for next year"

bye useless d3 forum
Reply Quote
Community
21/06/2013 13:39Posted by Silkestud

I would personally think that focusing on fixing the problem instead fixing the symptoms of the problem in general is an awesome mentality, but that is of course just my opinion.

If you are truly suffering from playing the game in its current state, then maybe you would feel better if you simply took a break for a little while and focused on something else. I totally understand that waiting sucks, In fact I hate having to wait on things myself, but knowing that the passage of time can feel faster simply by changing your focus to something else really helps in these cases... After all, a watched pot never boils

and maybe i would have read the interview if it was on these forums?
why is it we have to go to all these other sites to gather information about diablo 3 instead of the d3 forums ?

The Diablo III community is very large and widespread, and many Diablo III players prefer to visit thrid party sites instead of our forums to talk about our games. Although we generally post new information on our blogs and forums, our developers like to also reach out to the game's community outside of these forums. For the record. we did actually link to these developer interviews on our blog here on battle.net.
Reply Quote
Posted by Vaneras
Nothing have been set in stone yet however, so we are definitely interested in hearing more from you guys about what you think would make white items more interesting

Blizzard, here my ideas:

Add an enchanting skill which can be taught to the blacksmith by having to find 3 very rare books. Once the 3 books are taught to the blacksmith, he will be able to do the following:

1- Enchant Normal items into rare items with 6 random properties bearing in mind the following:

a. keep balanced weapons as is, which means they can have up to 20% IAS
b. make critical hit damage range from 50-100, instead of being capped at 65%
c. of course, crafted items are account bound
d- make the crafting more expensive since they have the potential to be better than current crafted items.
e. It would be nice if you could also make 1% chance of the normal item turning into legendary or set. This way people will also craft armor pieces and not only weapons.

2- Enchant blue items with 5 random properties bearing in mind the following:

a- The enchanted blue item will keep its original properties. For example, if it had 300 min dmg & 300 max dmg, these will remain as is and additional properties will role to make 5 in total properties.
b. enchanting blue items should be very expensive since we are keeping the current properties
c. Account bound of course

What do you think?!
Reply Quote
so we are definitely interested in hearing more from you guys about what you think would make white items more interesting.

runewords
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]