Diablo® III

POE vs Diablo 3 and why Diablo is better.

I do not believe for one second that poe (POS) is better than d3 in any way, i tried it and i base my judgement solely on my own experience which is more than enough for the d3 community.

The game tries to be something it isnt, it takes ideas from other games and goes to extremes to fool the player up until he reaches a high lvl or get an understanding of the game, lets look at the skill tree everyone talks about, its mostly useless and idiotic to branch out more than the cookie cutter build posted on the net.

An illusion made for you to buy respecs by rm and micro transactions, the game graphics in itself is horrible with choppy gameplay, ofc some debate whether or not graphics is as important as gameplay but when the gameplay isnt there then yes graphics is important, and another reason why cartoony models are timeless.

Blizzard are no fools they know what works and what doesnt, imo the best way to fix d3 is to remove general discussion forums and highly moderate the forums/ gestapo style, with instant bans however they feel like.

Remember that Diablo 2 sucked dick when it was released and it wasnt even the expansion that fixed it, it was the patches after that which made it game of the year forever.

POS is so popular right now because it gives the players what they ask for instantly cause its a f2p model and thats the way they get money, by giving the illusion that they listen to the community in reality they dont give 2 !@#$s as long as you keep buying them pets and effects on your gear, if they would stop and think about what works and what doesnt as blizzard they would get the same rants they get here, in the end its all about the foundation.

Blizzard got d1 d2 and now d3 to work on until it reaches the AAA status that it should, but what does poe have? more pets and effects on your ugly %^- gear? its really simple either you get an fiat punto cheap and try and tune it up until it looks good but the foundation is a garbage car, while i get a ferrari and tune that up altough ferraris come complete so lets say BMW or LEXUS.

Moral of the story, as all other clones / killers blizzard games will prove they are here to stay, and those of you who stuck with it will be rewarded.

edit: im no blizzfanboy im just realistic and english isnt my main language and im not trying to write an essay, for all the grammar !@#$s.
Edited by manso#2598 on 22/06/2013 16:41 BST
Reply Quote
You have barely played D3 and I dare say you have probably barely played PoE. Or maybe you have played a lot of D3 on another account and you are mad desperate to keep selling your virtually pants (sad). Both games have some very good points to them, although I would not refer to either game as great.

Also cool story btw, always fun to hear what the ignoramus type players think about games.
Reply Quote
You have barely played D3 and I dare say you have probably barely played PoE. Or maybe you have played a lot of D3 on another account and you are mad desperate to keep selling your virtually pants (sad). Both games have some very good points to them, although I would not refer to either game as great.

Also cool story btw, always fun to hear what the ignoramus type players think about games.

My main account got banned and this is a new one that is suspended atm, i have played since launch.

And poe is what i played after main account got banned so i can assure you i have played both games more than enough.

You however did not add anything constructive to this post and just tried some useless "im better than you" comment.
Reply Quote
You are assuming this thread is worthy of adding anything constructive to it. So your account got banned, probably means you was botting or something. In which case I would put you in the mad desperate category of needing to sell them virtual pants, good luck with that.
Reply Quote
yes by the posts so far all i can read is that two butthurts disagree
Reply Quote
I disagree with fishy figures opening threads along the lines of "x sucks y is better". That is just attention whoring.

d3 and poe are not competing over anything. They are two different games with different audiences and different goals, and can be very well played together by anyone having the time and finding pleasure in doing so.
Reply Quote
I've been playing D3 since release, and I played the POE beta for roughly four months.

Basically, POE is made by a very ambitious and keen company, who really want to make a good game, and they respect their fans, but don't have much experience, so their game fails at some points. On the other hand, D3 is made by a professional group of developers who don't give a s**t about their fans, don't want to entertain anyone, they just want money, so they care more about their marketing, than the actualy quality of their product.

GG has great ideas and great ambitions, but lacks experience and money, and Blizzard has experience and money, but no ambitions at all. In many ways, POE is a more worthy sequel to D2 than D3, but it just lacks the pure quality of bashing monsters. When I play POE, I miss the action of D3, and when I play D3, I miss the well designed and creative mechanics of POE.

I know it won't happen, but I'd be glad to see them working together. GG could be the next Blizzard North, but of course, it won't happen, and after all, the further a gaming company stays for this new Blizzard the better.
Edited by Poganyz#1297 on 22/06/2013 17:26 BST
Reply Quote
I disagree with fishy figures opening threads along the lines of "x sucks y is better". That is just attention whoring.

d3 and poe are not competing over anything. They are two different games with different audiences and different goals, and can be very well played together by anyone having the time and finding pleasure in doing so.

fishy figures?
Reply Quote
Personally I went over the PoE site to see what everyone is talking about.

Then I saw the skill tree. It seemed so ridiculous but disguised as something detailed. Like a map of neural connections and I have to make sense of it.

Then the actual gameplay : movement seemed very artificial. Graphics have some detail, but this "realistic" concept does not feel right. Then, the viewpoint is just wrong, too vertical I think. Then I read about skills being items, I don't like that concept - personal taste.

Generally, after checking the site and watching some videos (but not actually playing) I did not feel compelled to even give it a try. Personally, I have the feeling that F2P games are of a lesser quality. They draw in players who want to give it a try since it is free, just to show high population on servers. And they cater to P2W feelings and needs much more than D3, since for PoE it's their only source of revenues.

With D3 I get immediate fun - fluid action - impressive graphics - detailed environments and effects. Sure, it needs a lot of work to become a milestone of action games, but I think they are doing it properly. Slowly and carefully.
Edited by NYARLATHOTEP#2116 on 22/06/2013 17:43 BST
Reply Quote
Personally I went over the PoE site to see what everyone is talking about.

Then I saw the skill tree. It seemed so ridiculous but disguised as something detailed. Like a map of neural connections and I have to make sense of it.

Then the actual gameplay : movement seemed very artificial. Graphics have some detail, but this "realistic" concept does not feel right. Then, the viewpoint is just wrong, too vertical I think. Then I read about skills being items, I don't like that concept - personal taste.

Generally, after checking the site and watching some videos (but not actually playing) I did not feel compelled to even give it a try. Personally, I have the feeling that F2P games are of a lesser quality. They draw in players who want to give it a try since it is free, just to show high population on servers. And they cater to P2W feelings and needs much more than D3, since for PoE it's their only source of revenues.

With D3 I get immediate fun - fluid action - impressive graphics - detailed environments and effects. Sure, it needs a lot of work to become a milestone of action games, but I think they are doing it properly. Slowly and carefully.

this exactly is what im talking about, this guy didnt even play it and he got it, cause its so obvious if your not naive.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
22/06/2013 16:49Posted by manso
My main account got banned and this is a new one that is suspended atm, i have played since launch.

As anyone using D3blacklist will confirm this guy was a rampant scammer last summer, using the trade window scam to force expensive items on to the ground from where he stole them and left. In my case it was an 8m ring - a fortune at the time.

Credit where it's due - and animosity where IT's due also. manso the scammer, always was, always will be.
Reply Quote
22/06/2013 17:57Posted by Bottom

As anyone using D3blacklist will confirm this guy was a rampant scammer last summer, using the trade window scam to force expensive items on to the ground from where he stole them and left. In my case it was an 8m ring - a fortune at the time.

Credit where it's due - and animosity where IT's due also. manso the scammer, always was, always will be.

I have mend my ways since then, and im here to be a positive part of the d3 community with a new account and a fresh start.

I didnt think people would remember me tho, it seems i had an impact in d3.
Reply Quote
If what bottom says is true, good luck at sellin' 'em pants OP!

Returning to the discussion, it is a mystery to me as well how the devs of poe plan to keep the game up and running, being f2p and all that. Maybe they are in the diamond business or whatever those kiwi pirates do down there, who knows.

I personally don't like to talk about things without trying them out first. I can confirm (to Nyarl) that the game really isn't as fluid (and probably won't be ever) as d3, but if there are people that like what that game offers, let them enjoy it. As I've already said, I can understand it when people feel frustrated about d3 not being as deep or complex as they hoped (and I dare say, as it has been marketed :P ), and it will be interesting to see how (if) blizz adds new mechanics without sacrificing the fast pacing of the game.

That aside, constantly bringing poe into light around here is not right either. I think it is already popular enough in the on-line environment, and whoever wants to try it out is free to do so. There's no need for this pointless bickering.
Reply Quote
22/06/2013 17:37Posted by NYARLATHOTEP

No, it's not the proper way, they are not slow and careful, they are just greedy. They split the game into 2-3 pieces through expansions, and expand its lifetime, to get more money from the RMAH. It doesn't need a lot of work, it needs a proper mentality, which Blizzard is completely lacking these days. PVP was ready three years ago, yet still they keep it for the expansion. That's disgusting, please don't call it proper.
Edited by Poganyz#1297 on 22/06/2013 18:09 BST
Reply Quote
PoE is a great concept. it tries to go back to the roots of ARPGs and in many way succeeds but unfortunately, despite its very ambitious concept, it ends up falling flat in many areas (combat, skill tree, item design etc.). It generally has the right ideas, ideas I've been hoping Diablo "steals" but the execution is just lacking.

Every time I start playing I get very excited but within 5 minutes I'm just bored to death by the lackluster combat. Leveling up also lacks excitement. More often than not, a new level means +10 dexterity which just feels wrong. The item design is very dull and it generally lacks the feeling of progression. Whether I started the game 5 hours ago or I'm in merciless, my character just doesn't seem that much more powerful. He doesn't look the part either. I generally don't have much to look forward to when making a new character, the coolest stuff in the game are visual effects that you can just purchase at level 1.

At this point, the game is just a *happy* distraction for me until D3 gets itemization+endgame+PvP which will probably take a while but will come at some point.
Edited by CosBusta#1412 on 22/06/2013 18:26 BST
Reply Quote
PoE is a great concept. it tries to go back to the roots of ARPGs and in many way succeeds but unfortunately, despite its very ambitious concept, it ends up falling flat in many areas (combat, skill tree, item design etc.). .

funny how those areas are the ones that are so called improvements over d3 and its main sellers.
Reply Quote
22/06/2013 16:38Posted by manso
Blizzard are no fools they know what works and what doesnt, imo the best way to fix d3 is to remove general discussion forums and highly moderate the forums/ gestapo style, with instant bans however they feel like.

lol? that will fix nothing to the game
Reply Quote
First. You are a blizzard fan boy. Its not enough just to say it. Secondly if it is only your opinion why do you keep protecting it and ranting over everybody who has different opinion than you.
Also I played and still play both games. The skill tree in poe gives you a larger list of possibilities and builds. If that is bad for you then you are just lying to yourself. Funny that you say that they deliver illusions because its free to play while Diablo 3 is not delivering anything. Now you say that Diablo 3 is bad because it hadn't an expansion yet, funny because poe hadn't one either. Both games are great, but both has it flaws. You are a blizzard fanboy and all your further arguments are invalid.
Reply Quote
It is good to know that diablo 3 will be better in the long run. It is made by greedy people, indeed, but they will end making a good game, even if it is at the second expansion. PoE has great itemisation and game mechanics, but it won't be better than it is now due to it's horrifying graphics and animations. I wouldn't be able to play that game for long. It just feels like a browser game most of the times. It makes me sick when a boss is casting an overpowered spell 7 times in 3 seconds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]