I live in the US but play on both the US and EU servers. I see there are some threads here in the EU General forum about self-found. There is definitely a desire for self-found within the US player community. The players in the US and EU communities who would like self found support added to D3 need to support each other. Both communities need to discuss and share ideas in regard to a self-found implementation as a single unified group. Please be aware that there are a few hecklers, trouble-makers, and forum trolls in the US general forum who are narrow minded and are against having a self-found implementation.
A self-found proposal thread was started in the US general forum by a player named SirRight. SirRight's thread can be found here:
Many players, myself included, have posted positive ideas about a self-found implementation in SirRight's thread. A US forum MVP named MissCheetah, posted some very good ideas for a self-found implementation as well as ideas for adding ladders to D3. Please post your ideas and thoughts in regard to self-found in SirRight's thread. I will be encouraging the US self-found supporters to join the self-found discussions here in the EU forum. Below is a little background info. about me and the self-found rule set I would like to see implemented. Feel free to agree or disagree.
----[ Background Info ]----
I play softcore NON-self-found on the US and EU servers. I started out playing on US and then EU during the maintenance. My favorite class is the Wizard (Sorceress and Necromancer were my favorites in D2-LoD). I played D2-LoD for many years completely off-line because I could not stand the spam chatter in the public chat channels, and the immature players were ruining the game for me. Currently I have all 10 character slots in use on the US and EU servers (some are my son's characters). With the current state of my accounts there is no way for me to play self-found.
----[ Self-found Definition ]----
Self-found is about playing, progressing, and beating the game with one's own steam. Special recognition is not needed. Self-found is NOT about bragging rights, e-peen stroking, the true way to play, or the only way to play. Playing self-found only does not make one supperior to others, and respect between self-found and non-self-found players must be maintained.
I can be considered a purist. When playing self-found one can NOT mix self-found characters with NON-self-found characters. There can be no trading, donating, player carrying, and zero auction house activity. Mixing gold, gear, gems, plans, etc. between self-found and non-self-found sources pollutes self-found and is a violation of self-found. If one finds a GG item (ex: a 6% critical hit chance Mempo) in a self-found only in environment there should be no way sell or trade it outside of the self-found account.
----[ My self-found rule set ]----
- I would like new self-found only servers added to the US, EU, and Asia regions
- Self-found is at the account level so all characters are self-found (no mixing self-found and non-self-found characters)
- Each self-found server should support soft core self-found and hard core self-found (not everyone is comfortable with hardcore's permanent death rule)
- No Gold or Real Money auction house (auction houses are disabled)
- Player to player trading is completely disabled
- One can NOT pickup another players loot/drops (server restriction is required to prevent human error)
- All gold, gear, gems, loot, drops, etc. are account bound
- partying is fully enabled
- 3x the current max stash size to support self-found
- hard and soft core will have separate shared stashes like the current have now
- One must level their blacksmith and jeweler with plans found on their own
- gear can be shared between characters within a self-found only account
- each account starts with a fresh reset stash, blacksmith, and jeweler
- One must buy their stash tabs and blocks the same way they are currently purchased
- each account on the self-found server has a separate friend list from the current live servers (prevents gold spammers from abusing the friend list)
- donations of gear, gold, gems, crafting materials, etc. from NON-self-found characters is a violation of self-found (trading is disabled already)
- One must farm their own gold, gear, gems, crafting materials, crafting plans, etc.
- no power leveling options
- no getting carried in key runs and Uber runs
- Buying blues from in-game vendors and crafting amount to gambling (in D2) and is allowed (this is NOT a violation)
The only justification for 3x stash size is that a self found player will need much more space for crafting materials, crafted items, and items picked up.
Assuming Blizzard wanted to implement new self-found only servers right now, they do NOT need to devote developers to the effort. The server admins can enable/disable the following right now on the live D3 servers:
A - both auction houses (was done during the 1.0.8 gold dupe fiasco)
B - player trade window (was done during the 1.0.8 gold dupe fiasco)
C - I suspect all drops can be made account bound on-drop (not just on-pickup)
I'm basing my suspicion on item C from the fact that items in rolled back accounts become account bound.
- no gold spammers (gold is account bound)
- buying, selling, trading is disabled (all gear, gems, plans, items, etc. are account bound)
- no AH flippers, d2jsp proxies, entrepreneurs (gear/gold is account bound)
- no auction houses (this is self-found)