Diablo® III

Inna Chest for Monks

Can someone explain to me why there is so much monks with Inna chest? Yes its a monk set, but I mean you need really good vita roll to make it better than average rare chest with dual resist? So i just wanna know why monks see inna chest better option that dual resist rare with vita/dex/socs? Is it that "free" dex set bonus what you get from chest+pants?
Edited by Arthori#2750 on 06/07/2013 20:39 BST
Reply Quote
mostly yes 100dex bonus is hard to resist if u arent lucky crafting like me
i loose dps with innas chest :/
Reply Quote
You need good rolls for anything worth using, and given the set bonus, it's a fairly obvious choice. Rare chests (especially the BoA one) can be potentially better, as can some others (Cindercoat, Tal's), but Inna's is an easy-to-get, and fairly cost-effective choice.
Reply Quote
If you roll a 330 dex chest with 3 sockets then it gives the same dps as a 200 dex innas chest, (meaning you need extremely good rolls to make it better) and then u will also lose probably 50-150~~ vital and 12% life and also 6% reduction for the trade of 60 ress. Also the innas chest is good looking and is afterall a Monkset. thats all
Reply Quote
Most monks go for the two set bonus and for some builds the 4 set bonus is also really nice (free SW). But yeah cheaper versions of Inna chest are pretty crappy in regards to EHP.
Reply Quote
mostly yes 100dex bonus is hard to resist if u arent lucky crafting like me
i loose dps with innas chest :/

not true

inna chest 190 + 3 socket + 130 bonus is way more dex than your crafted one
Reply Quote
It is all about the set bonus and the different ways of achieving it.

If you are looking for the 2 set bonus, the popular options are

1) Inna's pants and helm

or

2) Inna's chest and pants

I like using a Mempo so I went for option 2. Others think a Mempo without CC isn't worth it so they go for 1.

I do agree that the guaranteed melee damage reduction roll on Inna's is very underwhelming compared to the guaranteed armor and all res rolls on an IK chest for example (although we do get %life).
Reply Quote
08/07/2013 09:30Posted by thesikaleon

A rare crafted BoA armor can roll:

330 Dex (230 fixed + 100 from dex/vit)
100 Vit
3 Sockets
80 All Resist
12% Life
Armor or Reduced Damage from Attacks

It can probably roll with more Vit, too, I'm not sure exactly. Even if not, that sitll makes it better than Inna's chest, even taking into account the Dex set bonus. Of course, it's MUCH MUCH MUCH harder to get, which is why Inna's is so popular.
Reply Quote
08/07/2013 15:44Posted by Hinnyu

A rare crafted BoA armor can roll:

330 Dex (230 fixed + 100 from dex/vit)
100 Vit
3 Sockets
80 All Resist
12% Life
Armor or Reduced Damage from Attacks

It can probably roll with more Vit, too, I'm not sure exactly. Even if not, that sitll makes it better than Inna's chest, even taking into account the Dex set bonus. Of course, it's MUCH MUCH MUCH harder to get, which is why Inna's is so popular.

You are right

I was talking about LordShiva who said that his crafted chest is higher dps than inna's set http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/LordShiva-2954/hero/19347089
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]