Diablo® III

New paragon system, fun and exciting!

Maybe players after reach paragon lvl 100 (or every 10 paragon), they made skill points with gained expriences.

And with those skill points we can grow our skills or runes, or only skill runes grow further.

for example barbs skill: bush-punish can stuck up 3 times 5 secconds. after skill points punish rune can stuck up 5 times, or normally 3 times 5 secconds to 6-7-8-9-10 secconds for each skill point.

we can grow that examples, with your opinions.

if you liked that idea; lets grow the opinions together please!

thank you.
Reply Quote
Community
We are always interested in hearing ideas from the community, so this thread can potentially be a very interesting one to follow. Please keep posting your thoughts and ideas people :-)

Expanding on the Paragon system is definitely something we are looking into, although nothing have been set in stone yet. Some of the things the developers are exploring are to make Paragon levels account-wide, and then incorporate some sort of stat allocation system alongside existing level bonuses. Eventually we might even allow for an increased Paragon level cap, although that is not a certainty at this point.

The good thing to mention is that if any of these changes are to be implemented, they would apply retroactively to your existing characters as well.

In case you are interested; game designer Travis Day recently talked about the Paragon system in an interview over on Diablofans.com:

DF: A thing that Travis mentioned once – adding efficiency to the Paragon system. Have there been any talks on what those additions can be?

Travis Day: Yeah, the Paragon system was spectacular for what it was trying to accomplish. Sometimes random can be a cruel mistress and the paragon system’s primary intent was to allow you to feel like you’re acquiring progression and even if you’re not getting too lucky with your item drops. We want to take that and expand upon it even more. We've definitely talked about things like taking Paragon and decoupling it from your character specifically and making it something that is more account-over working. So that any time you invest in the game is rewarded and you don’t feel like we’re taking anything away from you if you want to try new characters or try out different play styles within the game. That’s something we've looked into a lot.

Also, maybe potentially adding some sort of customization within the paragon system. Sort of in the vein of a throwback at a Diablo II start location. We've looked at things like that. We definitely have plans to flesh it our more in time. We don’t need to design it from the ground up. What it does, it does well, and we just need to make it more encompassing.

DF: You've also mentioned that you’re not looking into increasing the cap of Paragon. It’s going to be a hundred for at least a while, right?

Travis Day: For the foreseeable future. I think at some point you can expect the cap to go up. The cap isn't even really there to necessarily make an end point to the player. The intent was for paragon 100 to take a long time to get to. Which it does. But as we improve different aspects of the game (make changes to Monster Power, Monster Density, etc.) the time that it takes players to fill out that cap is shorter than we’d like. And once you do cap out, it definitely removes a very important reward for you – your XP stops going up. So that’s something that we want to address – at some point we’ll definitely look at that cap.

DF: About those customizations to the paragon system – what about the people who are already capped? Will they be receiving any kind of reward on patch day?

Travis Day: Yes, absolutely. If we’re making the sweeping changes to the Paragon, the people who invested time will certainly have the reward that is associated with that investment.
Reply Quote
What about once you cap out at paragon 100, every 1 million XP points give you 1 credit.

These credits then can be used to apply XP (1 million XP points per credit) to your other characters.

That way you can continue playing your favourite character (and their inherent 300% MF bonus) while levelling up your alts.

When you then choose to apply your (eg 37 credits) to your paragon 8 monk......37 million XP points will be added increasing his/her paragon level by whatever 37 million XP points works out to be.
Reply Quote
Without any new content, players like myself are finding it very hard to keep grinding paragon levels, I consider myself a "casual" player, I work, I have a family.

I enjoy playing D3 but with no new content in months it is very very stale at the moment.

Every 10 levels would be a welcome change as many don't hang around to get para 100 any more.
Reply Quote
I wouldn't mind if our runes have levels to them. As they increase in level their abilities are expanded and each rune unlocks its own special abilities. The more we use them, the more experience they gain.

It would give many to explore new builds, and many would be running new builds as well. Plus giving players more to do like in long term, trying to unlock all the runes abilities.
Reply Quote
I would not like to see Paragons be universally applied on all characters; I prefer to advance them as I like, taking time to play each class, gain insight about it and learn how different builds work. I would like to have a feeling of advancement as I play each class.

Still, getting extra benefits from paragons is a good thing. Maybe those credit mentioned above could be used to apply small improvements to skills, even multiple times, for example:
* X credits to permanently increase damage of a skill by 1%
* Y credits to permanently decrease the cooldown of a skill by 1%
* Z credits to permanently decrease the resource cost of a skill by 1%

Or, every skill can have a specific aspect improved for an amount of credits, like the way item bonuses affect the skills (damage for Spectral Blades, arcane cost for Disintegrate, duration for Blizzard, etc).

There should be of course a cap for such improvements, lets say no more than 10% improvement over the original value.

With this system, players could invest their points/credits/whatever to the skill they like and make less used skills more powerful, or specialize in a specific skill. Perhaps this would limit the hero though, while in the current system every hero can use every build.

I would not like it if new special abilities were unlocked on runes, as it would radically affect the balance of the game and may force players to only unlock specific runes, limiting variety instead of increasing it.
Edited by NYARLATHOTEP#2116 on 30/07/2013 16:52 BST
Reply Quote
Every 10 paragon levels you could choose:-

1. An additional 3% MF and 3% GF (rises above cap)
2. An additional 1 yard pickup radius.
3. A 1% movement speed increase (limited by cap).
4. Mainstat increase of 10.
5. Armour increase of 50.
6. Vitality increase of 10.
7. 3% cost reduction for skills.
8. 3% increase in resource pool.
9. 3% increase in resource regeneration.
10. 1 sec cooldown reduction on all skills (possibly OP)

Note: the reason each of these values appears low is that 10 x each figure (max for para level 100) cannot be deemed overpowered.
Edited by Arbeia#2259 on 30/07/2013 17:58 BST
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Love it Aebeia however Armour should likely be a higher number like 50 otherwise you might as well take strength.
Reply Quote
I like the ideas in this thread !

Maybe other perks we could get (could cost more than just 1 level though, maybe each parangon level could give us 1 point and we can buy perks with points) :

- Possibility to have 2 followers at the same time
- Possibility to use followers in multiplayer games
- Possibility to expand a self buff skill (mage armor, barb frenzy, etc...) to over players in a X yard radius
- New follower skills
- Increased chance to loot jewelry (rings and amulets)
- Increased chance to loot weapons
- 50% chance to loot Perfect square gems instead of Flawless square gems
- Increased chance to loot demonic essences
- Increased chance to loot ilvl63 items
- Additional passive skill slot
- Increased chance to encounter goblins and resplendant chests
- etc...
Edited by Vulmio#2124 on 30/07/2013 17:56 BST
Reply Quote
Love it Arbeia however Armour should likely be a higher number like 50 otherwise you might as well take strength.

Yeah I was umming and aaghing about it too, and was trying to decide if 500 armour would be OP or not...

On reflection though, 50 is probably about right.

Fair point Fean, nice one.
Reply Quote
Because blizzard's tactic is clearly recycling old things [uber bosses , fire ball effect on hellfire , same sound and visual effect of legendary drop like monk/barb skill]

And at same time they want to keep this game simple

But at same time they want to hear our opinion

And there is deman for unique feel from paragon leveling
best logical result would be:
Every 5 paragon levels 1 point[because every 10paragons is our reward and every paragon 3 main stat]

Now is question do we want to be unique? Paragon points are great way to give us opinion to be unique .

visual: Dark aura foot prints , Angelic foot prints [you can take fire walker flame and render it to be black or silver so you can recycle it don't worry]
so you would have 2-3 choices from each categori [from helm to boots]
it does mean that we will don't see 5 barbars group with exactly same gear+color

next would be effect for spells: Maybe you love how ray of frost looks but you are archon wizard
so just recycle frost look and give it to archon etc

well it's visual that don't make high para players OP vs others
Blizz can 1.recycle blizz don't have to care about Balance of spells etc because it's only how they looks like

Ofcours it's simple to type things like 1% to samage 2% to elites 5% all resistances etc
I just wanted to tell you that It's great chance to give us ''unique feel'' not only mainstream stats that gear offer to us for 1 euro [50m currently]
Edited by Diego#2810 on 30/07/2013 18:13 BST
Reply Quote
Blizzard why not implement a Skill tree system?
- It adds more variation to the game - you can always fail building your char, therefore more playing time will be allocated> more players> more builds means more flexible AH > which surprisingly means more money for you as well as more interesting time for the players.

In the current system ,you can make whatever build you like but this would only require some farming of the AH, which is why the game failed. With the skill tree system , actually more thinking will be involved and players will be trying to play the game rather than the AH.
Reply Quote
Looking at how blizzard have raised the stack sices of gold in RMAH to 50 mil/0.25 €, and probably made it alot harder for new players to get gear, because items will skyrocket coz of the new prices for gold. Why not make a certain percentage of xp gained after plvl 100 into gold instead? This could also lead to people keep playing their characters, and actually make it easier for casuals (if any at p100 :D) to make some gold.
Reply Quote

Expanding on the Paragon system is definitely something we are looking into, although nothing have been set in stone yet. Some of the things the developers are exploring are to make Paragon levels account-wide, and then incorporate some sort of stat allocation system alongside existing level bonuses. Eventually we might even allow for an increased Paragon level cap, although that is not a certainty at this point.

yes cuz giving players who have multiple paragon 100´s the middle finger is such a nice thing to do.

I was planning on getting my last sc chars to para 100 so id have something to do untill the patch. yet that really feels pointless atm.
Reply Quote
30/07/2013 20:11Posted by MikeA
Looking at how blizzard have raised the stack sices of gold in RMAH to 50 mil/0.25 €, and probably made it alot harder for new players to get gear, because items will skyrocket coz of the new prices for gold. Why not make a certain percentage of xp gained after plvl 100 into gold instead? This could also lead to people keep playing their characters, and actually make it easier for casuals (if any at p100 :D) to make some gold.

More gold = More inflation = Higher item prices = bad idea.
Reply Quote
more gold=same prices=good idea

Some top end items can get hurt
but they do already only way to get them is Euros or snipe[but bots are faster]

and low end items[all gah items[99%]
will stay at it's price because newbie who now don't pay 10m for piece of gear will just don't buy same item piece for 50m so ppl will have to lower prices to price what is now or very close to it

Again only thing that can get hurt is echoing furry,mempo,manticore but already those are nearly impossible to get on Gah anyaway [i mean decent like 5.5cc,mempo 1180dmg 80cd echo etc]
Reply Quote
WE NEED A NEW ACT AND A NEW SETS AND LEGENDARY ITEMS!!!!!!!!!!THE GAME BECOME BORING!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
31/07/2013 05:45Posted by rosko
THE GAME BECOME BORING!!!!!!!!!!

i get bored myself, that's why i find something that will not make me bored with what we already have in this game while waiting if there will be big changes. I really enjoy jumping every 5 minutes on different public games annoying them with my wiz build.and its fun. :D
Reply Quote
well, thanks for your support Vaneras. its my first blue responded topic (thread) here. and thank you Fean, how are you. how is your witch doctor ;)

i must be honest, if this topic wasnt be blue responded its wouldnt be answered that much. its my 3th time to typing the same topic. 1 time in US and 2 times in EU site.

but its ok :)

i trusted the idea, like recently famous "loot 2.0" fan created topic.

but what i want to hear is:
"Mr Josh Mosqueira or other big devs is/are read it, you should know"

thank you all of you people again. and Vaneras thank you again. and thank you all of theory crafter fans.

Royal Salute from Turkey to all diablo community!
Reply Quote
Please Blizzard dev, if you make skill points or skill tree and such, make a way for us to reallocate them. For people more casual this is really frustating to make choices that we can't roll back.
Make it so this have a price or that we can only reallocate parangon skill points when we reach a new parangon level.

I prefer perks like Vulmio idea, something that is not tied to skills or stats but more to loot and adventure. And this is more easy to spread those perks account-wide.

And stat allocation that are set in stone is bad i think, let say i don't have enough armor on my wizard, so i say for each parangon level i take a bonus in armor % (like in Arbeia idea). Then i found a great tal rasha armor with increased armor to 750, well i am happy, but now i just have too much armor and my skill points allocated in armor feel like a waste.
I remember seeing a Blizzard dev saying that permanent choices are bad for this game, and i agree.

If parangon level is account-wide, then the bonus that come with it should be too. So ok the mf/gf bonus could be shared between characters. Blizzard should imagine other things that can be shared between characters. The customization ideas from Diego is something better i think, and you can always choose to change it.

Finally the problem if you have skill runes and such is that players will wait for the "good skill rune" of paragon level 57, and will be grinding like a mad to have it faster, instead of enjoying the game above lvl 60.
If you only have customization or perks then at each paragon level players will be tempted to try that new look, or will be happy to have that new option.

I will try to imagine perks like Vulmio did to add something more than critics to the thread.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]