Diablo® III

Diablo 3 : Reaper of Souls official expansion !!!

Either Cain magically lives in the expansion or they can f right off with the story..

i just hope it adds pvp and normal loot and a better social system ~~
Reply Quote
14/08/2013 13:52Posted by Irrelevance
Either Cain magically lives in the expansion or they can f right off with the story..

That would be a worse story twist then the betrayal of adria IMO.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
14/08/2013 11:29Posted by Zukied
Cant wait ! my bet is its based around Malthael, The Reaper of Souls.

This really. It's funny how quickly you can become super hyped about Diablo III again, lol :P

And it does smell a lot like Malthael, Pandemonium, the Burning Hells, and all that. Smells good ^^
Reply Quote
Let's invite the hate boys.

I hope it is not out before summer 2014 because I am far away from my goals in the basic box.

says the most hateful person the forum ^^

on a more serious note

unless cain is magically revived i don't give a horses !@# about the story

i just hope they add some new classes, loot balance, pvp with the expansion heh
Reply Quote
They really have to shine with loot 2.0 patch if they want high sales again.
Because if they incorporate loot 2.0 into expansion it would feel like you have to pay for something that should have been there long time ago.

So all depends pretty much on the state of game right before expansion comes.

One can only hope Blizzard will start to listen to community ideas.
Reply Quote
The Book of Tyrael comes out in October.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9871961/diablo-iii-book-of-tyrael-coming-this-october-5-29-2013#latest
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
Because if they incorporate loot 2.0 into expansion it would feel like you have to pay for something that should have been there long time ago.

Core systems changes are almost never expansion-exclusive.
The only thing you get when you pay for an expansion is content (new zones and classes, more or less). That's been the same for WoW and SCII as well.
Reply Quote
I am still curious about how they'll implement the expansion. Separate realm/game for expansion characters?
Reply Quote

Core systems changes are almost never expansion-exclusive.
The only thing you get when you pay for an expansion is content (new zones and classes, more or less). That's been the same for WoW and SCII as well.

Yes that is how it normally goes but we are dealing with Bli$$ard Diablo 3 so its different story im afraid.
Reply Quote
Sounds meh at best, only thing we can do is wait and see when it is released. And what it acctualy contains.

My guess is, it will contain some of the things they removed before launch. A working PvP, better itemization and other overhauls the playerbase been asking for since day one.

In wich case im not buying the expansion.

If its something new and inovative that will take the game to another level. Meaning, something GOOD that acctualy dont involve removing content, then yes Im definatly getting it.
Reply Quote
i hope it was cain's similar-looking cousin that was murdered by maghda.Cain must die properly or must not die at all.
Edited by rewol#2720 on 14/08/2013 16:11 BST
Reply Quote
Don't get too excited just yet,remember when diablo 3 footage was released,it looks nothing like the version we have now.
Reply Quote
Oleeeeee

I hope there be Loot 2.0
Reply Quote
My theory:
Malthael pops up and is all, "Wazzup, !@#$%es!? Yo Tyrael! You lost yo' wings! An' who do yo' t'ink you are goin'bout callin' yo'self "Angel of Wisdom"!? Dat's my title, bro! Fine! ^-*! y'all! I was all in a bad mood anyway and now i wanna kill y'all 'cuz some tart called Adria found this shiny stone and gave it to me. Oh yeah, an' now i'm dating this lizard @#$%^ called Lillith! Say wazzup, Lillith!"

Lillith: *Sighs* "Wazzup...."

And then we have to stomp their faces.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
14/08/2013 16:06Posted by Amon
Yes that is how it normally goes but we are dealing with Bli$$ard Diablo 3 so its different story im afraid.

It is for $$$ reasons as well that it is that way. It's more expensive in terms of support to manage what's effectively two different games (because of different game systems depending on what expanison the user has or hasn't got), as opposed to one.
So it's no different story. It's always been done this way, money reasons or otherwise.
Reply Quote
Sounds good. Now only Blizzard has to implement a decent offline mode and I'm onboard.
Reply Quote
"Reaper of Souls"--where did I heard this before?
Ah...the creature locked in the jewel Covetous Shen is searching for.
Reply Quote
Promising, hopefully they'll show something at gamescom about this. I don't expect few features announced or anything like that this early (they propably save those for Blizzcon) but I really hope we get a teaser that... teases (sorry) that Leah is alive in the Black Soulstone.
Reply Quote
And, at the End of Days, Wisdom shall be lost
as Justice falls upon the world of men.
Valor shall turn to Wrath-
and all Hope will be swallowed by Despair.
Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all-
as Fate lies shattered forever.

That's from the Book of Cain. Each line referencing an Archangel's aspect. Malthael, Archangel of Wisdom, buggered off ages ago feeling all moody and what not will likely comeback as Archangel of Death and be our Reaper of Souls. I reckon he'll [Malthael] kill Ithereal before Ithereal can look at his Scroll of Fate and be all, "!@#$ guys, according to this piece of paper, Malthael is coming to %^-* us up".

Plus based on the picture on the teaser site, it's clearly a gateway. Probably to the Void or more likely the Black Abyss where we go after Leah's soul or something.
Reply Quote
For me, Malthael is the coolest of the archangels. Maybe because the character himself, maybe because he doesn't appear in D3.

So PLEASE BLIZZ, don't destroy him with ridiculous voices and dialogues as you did with Diablo. The silent angel would be a good image for him, not the evil-crazy-angel-looking-fot-the-destruction-of-all-pretty-things.

Thank you ♥
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]